There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Trade possilibty with San Diego?

So, quite a few mock drafts and analysts now have Ryan Matthews going to the Texans at 20. Knowing this, do you guys think there's a possibility of SD trading for our 17th pick in order to nab Matthews? I would assume they want Matthews over Spiller or Best since he's a bigger, more powerful runner that can compliment Sproles' scat-back style.

Going off the trade value calculator, SD would have to give us something like their 1st, 3rd and 5th round picks. Of all the teams near the bottom of the first round, I just feel this would be the most likely trade down scenario for the niners, and would allow us to pick up either Jahvid Best or Jerry Hughes, depending on who's there, and leaving room for Owusu-Ansah in the 2nd along with now 2 3rd rounders. What do you guys think, is it possible or am I just dreaming?
Do it, it's a no-brainier unless somebody falls dramatically to #17.
I would do this trade
that would be awsome that way we could take best
If the Chargers want Mathews that bad, sure it could happen.
Could be a very interesting possibility, especially if we can't get a tackle at 13, don't like our options at 17 and could be looking to move down and get Rodger Saffold in the late 20s.
If Dan Williams falls to #17 I wouldn't be surprised if SD trades up to grab him as opposed to Matthews.
This definitely crossed my mind as well
Originally posted by Niners23:
So, quite a few mock drafts and analysts now have Ryan Matthews going to the Texans at 20. Knowing this, do you guys think there's a possibility of SD trading for our 17th pick in order to nab Matthews? I would assume they want Matthews over Spiller or Best since he's a bigger, more powerful runner that can compliment Sproles' scat-back style.

Going off the trade value calculator, SD would have to give us something like their 1st, 3rd and 5th round picks. Of all the teams near the bottom of the first round, I just feel this would be the most likely trade down scenario for the niners, and would allow us to pick up either Jahvid Best or Jerry Hughes, depending on who's there, and leaving room for Owusu-Ansah in the 2nd along with now 2 3rd rounders. What do you guys think, is it possible or am I just dreaming?

Thats why most of us shouldn't be GMs or can't. According to derek_allen_92, whi is a member of football guys.com where the calculator is from, this is for fantasy football draft not for the actual NFL draft. You just made Matt Millen look good if that is possible.

You just ripped off our niners according to the chart, we should get their first and second for our 17th.

Plus every teams value chart is, might be just a little bit different here and there.
With that said that's a big step back, all depends who is there and who took who and who we got at 13.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I could see a scenerio where this happens, but I just don't see a team ahead of the Chargers who needs a RB. Matthews should be there for them when they pick.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Apr 2, 2010 at 16:11:07 ]
  • leonbanton
  • Info N/A
why wouldn't they just get Dwyer(probably misspelled) or the guy from Rutgers. Contrary to populare belief, there are some good running backs in this class.
Originally posted by leonbanton:
why wouldn't they just get Dwyer(probably misspelled) or the guy from Rutgers. Contrary to populare belief, there are some good running backs in this class.

There are major questions about Dwyer playing in a pro style offense. The guy from Rutgers you speak of was drafted last year (Ray Rice). Who are you talking about from Rutgers?
there is no way i would go from 17 to 28 for a extra 3rd and 5th. that is a big jump or big drop witch ever way you look at it.
  • leonbanton
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:

There are major questions about Dwyer playing in a pro style offense. The guy from Rutgers you speak of was drafted last year (Ray Rice). Who are you talking about from Rutgers?

My bad, the guy from Stanford. White RB's all look alike. Jokin. Nobodys talkin about him but he is a beast. Ran pretty good at the combine and he's like 230 lbs.
  • leonbanton
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:

My bad, the guy from Stanford. White RB's all look alike. Jokin. Nobodys talkin about him but he is a beast. Ran pretty good at the combine and he's like 230 lbs.

Im going to correct myself first, I was thinking about the guy before Ray Rice from Rutgers.