There are 54 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who will be this year's Rey maualuga

Who will be this year's Rey maualuga? You know, the guy who drops way too far for no apparent reason and becomes one of the steals of the draft.

I think it will be one of the pass-rushers: Sergio Kindle, Jerry Hughes, Brandon Graham.
I'm predicting that Mike Iupati will drop, maybe further than Rey did.

The guy started off ranked way too high, based on his size and his domination of lesser quality opponents at Idaho.

He stood up well during practice at the Sr. Bowl, then got thoroughly owned at several different positions during the actual game.

Then he had a far below outstanding Combine, demonstrating a lack of foot speed in the 40 and the cone drills, along with a lack of explosiveness in the broad jump and vertical, (and let's don't talk about the bench press), that is of concern.

So he's gone from the Next Great Thing, a giant who could play anywhere along an NFL OL, or maybe even play all five OL positions at once, by himself, to . . .

He might be best at LG, cause he's too raw and too slow to play OT to . . .

He has trouble reaching the second level as a guard because of his lack of foot speed.

There are some guys on NFL Network who still talk him up, but I'm guessing that NFL scouts and GMs know better.

Mike "The Hot Rock" Iupati. He's gonna drop.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
I'm predicting that Mike Iupati will drop, maybe further than Rey did.

The guy started off ranked way too high, based on his size and his domination of lesser quality opponents at Idaho.

He stood up well during practice at the Sr. Bowl, then got thoroughly owned at several different positions during the actual game.

Then he had a far below outstanding Combine, demonstrating a lack of foot speed in the 40 and the cone drills, along with a lack of explosiveness in the broad jump and vertical, (and let's don't talk about the bench press), that is of concern.

So he's gone from the Next Great Thing, a giant who could play anywhere along an NFL OL, or maybe even play all five OL positions at once, by himself, to . . .

He might be best at LG, cause he's too raw and too slow to play OT to . . .

He has trouble reaching the second level as a guard because of his lack of foot speed.

There are some guys on NFL Network who still talk him up, but I'm guessing that NFL scouts and GMs know better.

Mike "The Hot Rock" Iupati. He's gonna drop.

That would be an amazing pick at #49 if he were there. I doubt his ability to play OT, but I think he'll be a helluva guard...
Dez Bryant
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Dez Bryant

I think there is plenty of reason for Dez Bryant to drop he has a bunch of red flags
edit

[ Edited by epdavis on Apr 2, 2010 at 13:05:34 ]
Originally posted by epdavis:
Dez Bryant

I think there is plenty of reason for Dez Bryant to drop he has a bunch of red flags

ya true i think its going to be kindle
How about Sean Weatherspoon don't hear a lot of talk about him going early and he should be a very good player
How about Sean Weatherspoon don't hear a lot of talk about him going early and he should be a very good player

Yes -- I think he'll be a good 4-3 MLB. Some have him going to the Giants at 16.
Dez Bryant

Your right, I was watching ESPN yesterday morning and they where making a big deal that he forgot his cleats for his pro day.......it's just one thing after another with this guy
Dez Bryant

Your right, I was watching ESPN yesterday morning and they where making a big deal that he forgot his cleats for his pro day.......it's just one thing after another with this guy

He didn't forget his cleats he had six par there he just didn't have his favorit par of cleats. But he should drop because there are still a bunch of red flags about him.

[ Edited by dlance on Apr 2, 2010 at 13:26:21 ]
Toby Gerhart.
James Curtis
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Jahvid Best
Alex Smith