There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kevin Lynch Article on Bradford

Lynch speculated in the article that the 49ers could trade up for bradford in order to 'sell' a stadium to the fans. I don't see any way the 49ers trade up for Bradford, since the Rams are a division rival, but I do see the posibility of the 49ers trading up for Clausen if he slips to #5.

Last year, the Browns traded the #5 pick for the #17 pick and the #52...the Jets took Sanchez w/ the pick. It is entirely possible that the 49ers do the same thing.

I think Clausen will be a better QB than Bradford (Bradford busted his should the first time he was sacked in college, and he played in a pro-style offense). Clausen had to get beaten up, scramble, and find WRs downfield and played in a pro-style offense.

Now, that is not an argument to acquire Clausen. Drafting Clausen would totally destroy Smith's confidence and they might as well cut him -- we're better off taking a right tackle and a DB or pass-rusher. But if ownership is going to get a QB to sell a stadium deal, I'd rather have them trade away a #2 for Clausen than TWO #1s and a 1st or 2nd rounder in 2011.

I think Smith is going to develop into a top-10 QB (Top 5 in good years) on a team loaded with talent...not unlike Phil Simms. Simms was also a Top pick who suffered major injuries and was almost booed out of New York. But as the team got better, he learned his role. He had a career QB rating of 78.5, but had a few 3,500+/20TD+ seasons in a VERY conservative offense.

That's what we'll have with Smith: an 85 - 90 QB rating type of guy; 3,200 - 3,600 yards, ~25 TDs...with the occasional 4,000-yd/30 TD season.

Surrounded with the right people, we will be very good.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=60391
I don't see us trading up for Bradford or Clausen. If we wanted to trade we would probably go after McNabb. It would throw a lot of wrenches into the system but McNabb would be the best at this time. I personally would rather work with Smith. I think he is primed for his breakout season. He has enough receivers, good RB, and if we get our RT in place he would have an oline to work with. I see Smith as a top 15-top 10 QB this year - 2010. I don't think a 5 place jump from #19 is too much of a jump for Smith. I think he has the capability of being a quality QB now that he will have his first experience with continuity in the NFL. I am predicting significan progress for Smith this year. I also predict that SF will win the west and get into the playoffs.
well only take a qb next year if alex plays bad this year alex deserves this chance and unless we want to set this team back for another 4 years we should give him that chance
We will draft 0 QB's this year.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
I don't see us trading up for Bradford or Clausen. If we wanted to trade we would probably go after McNabb. It would throw a lot of wrenches into the system but McNabb would be the best at this time. I personally would rather work with Smith. I think he is primed for his breakout season. He has enough receivers, good RB, and if we get our RT in place he would have an oline to work with. I see Smith as a top 15-top 10 QB this year - 2010. I don't think a 5 place jump from #19 is too much of a jump for Smith. I think he has the capability of being a quality QB now that he will have his first experience with continuity in the NFL. I am predicting significan progress for Smith this year. I also predict that SF will win the west and get into the playoffs.

Did you just call frank gore GOOD! BLASPHEME He's The Truth!