There are 138 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mock Offsean (1st 17 picks + 9er picks)

1. Bradford - almost a done deal
2. Suh - best player in the last several drafts
3. McCoy - this is a lock
4. Okung - since this is now looking like a reach for Claussen, Shannahan gets his athletic LT of the future in the mold of Ryan Clady
5. Berry - can't see Pioli passing on the best defensive player in the draft
6. Bryant - with only one OT off the board, Carrol believes that he can get Charles Brown at 14, allowing him to draft what I believe is his favorite player in the draft
7. Bulaga - in a division with Pittsburgh and Baltimore you can't go wrong with imporving the O-line. This gives them a dominant set of bookends
8. Cambell - it may be cliche' to assume will take the combine star, but they will
9. Claussen - as much as Buffalo needs an OT, they jump at the opportunity to replace Trent Edwards
10. Haden - in a copy-cat league teams will get excited over getting "the next Revis." This team is not in position to gamble on another raw DE like JPP
11. McClain - with Nolan gone, the Broncos turn to this LB to call their defense
12. JPP - this hurts. It truly does. we miss on the best pass rusher in the draft. Parcells won't let him get away
13. Trent Williams - no argument here
14. Charles Brown - Carrol's plan comes through
15. Morgan - odd that the Giants need pass rush help, but it seems to be the case
16. D. Williams - TEN does what they can to replace Haynsworth
17. CJ Spiller - makes a lot of sense from a need and BPA perspective
dont think browns would pass up claussen and i dont think they will take bulaga they already have joe thomas who is more than capable LT

[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Mar 30, 2010 at 19:04:54 ]
Interesting, but I get the feeling that Dan Williams and Earl Thomas will probably go in the top 17 as well. Other than that, nice work.
Originally posted by Niners23:
Interesting, but I get the feeling that Dan Williams and Earl Thomas will probably go in the top 17 as well. Other than that, nice work.

Dan Williams is #16 to TEN. Good point about Thomas. But over who?
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
dont think browns would pass up claussen and i dont think they will take bulaga they already have joe thomas who is more than capable LT

Bulaga as a RT. Claussen isn't a Holmgren type of guy in my opinion. Plus, Mangina will call him a diva, and then it's over.
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
if CJ drops to 17, I'll be a happy man if they can swoop up Trent & CJ.

2nd get P.Cox.
one of the browns' few strengths was their o-line. there is no way they go tackle
I would be happy with a Trent Williams and CJ Spiller 1st round
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I would be happy with a Trent Williams and CJ Spiller 1st round

Me too!
nice
Originally posted by Draftology:
one of the browns' few strengths was their o-line. there is no way they go tackle

30 sacks isn't exactly a strength. Even though they have some of the best players on the left side, and picked up a top notch C, they can still improve the right side of their line. This also has to do with value here. I don't believe that Holmgren will want anything to do with Claussen, and I don't think that Mangina will draft another talented, yet raw, pass rusher (Vernon Golston anyone?). Spiller looses much value for this team because they already have the best return man in the game, and therefore don't really need his return abilities. Therefore Haden, McClain, Morgan and O-line seem like the likely options. Between these, O-line has the most value in this pass rush happy division.
essentially the best draft possibility. And 2nd pick ... Nate Allen, Morgan Burnett, Kareem Jackson, Brandon Ghee, Chad Jones, or Perrish Cox
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

30 sacks isn't exactly a strength. Even though they have some of the best players on the left side, and picked up a top notch C, they can still improve the right side of their line. This also has to do with value here. I don't believe that Holmgren will want anything to do with Claussen, and I don't think that Mangina will draft another talented, yet raw, pass rusher (Vernon Golston anyone?). Spiller looses much value for this team because they already have the best return man in the game, and therefore don't really need his return abilities. Therefore Haden, McClain, Morgan and O-line seem like the likely options. Between these, O-line has the most value in this pass rush happy division.

If Eric Berry is there they take him no question over any of the tackles except Okung. I also think they would consider picking Clausen. I'm just saying that the Browns have much bigger needs than o-line and the best value might not necessarily be o-line.

The Browns have a lot of holes. After the loss of Edwards I could see them making a reach for Dez Bryant, though his workout was not great (and I don't think Holmgren is excited about a WR that doesn't like running slant routes) but I really don't think they will take a QB, CB or S in the first round, unless Berry falls. They need a pass rush and Morgan may be the choice here over JPP.
Originally posted by midrdan:

The Browns have a lot of holes. After the loss of Edwards I could see them making a reach for Dez Bryant, though his workout was not great (and I don't think Holmgren is excited about a WR that doesn't like running slant routes) but I really don't think they will take a QB, CB or S in the first round, unless Berry falls. They need a pass rush and Morgan may be the choice here over JPP.

Agreed, Morgan could be the pick. JPP will be too similar to Golston, IMO, for Mangini to agree with the pick. No way Bryant is even in the discussion for that team. Doesn't fit the character they look for.