dont think browns would pass up claussen and i dont think they will take bulaga they already have joe thomas who is more than capable LT
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Mar 30, 2010 at 19:04:54 ]
There are 573 users in the forums
Mock Offsean (1st 17 picks + 9er picks)
Mar 30, 2010 at 7:04 PM
- 49ersalldaway126
- Veteran
- Posts: 14,549
Mar 30, 2010 at 7:05 PM
- Niners23
- Veteran
- Posts: 344
Interesting, but I get the feeling that Dan Williams and Earl Thomas will probably go in the top 17 as well. Other than that, nice work.
Mar 30, 2010 at 7:41 PM
- RollinWith21n52
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,948
Originally posted by Niners23:
Interesting, but I get the feeling that Dan Williams and Earl Thomas will probably go in the top 17 as well. Other than that, nice work.
Dan Williams is #16 to TEN. Good point about Thomas. But over who?
Mar 30, 2010 at 7:47 PM
- RollinWith21n52
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,948
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
dont think browns would pass up claussen and i dont think they will take bulaga they already have joe thomas who is more than capable LT
Bulaga as a RT. Claussen isn't a Holmgren type of guy in my opinion. Plus, Mangina will call him a diva, and then it's over.
Mar 30, 2010 at 7:58 PM
- LA_NINERS
- Info N/A
if CJ drops to 17, I'll be a happy man if they can swoop up Trent & CJ.
2nd get P.Cox.
2nd get P.Cox.
Mar 30, 2010 at 8:01 PM
- Draftology
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,168
one of the browns' few strengths was their o-line. there is no way they go tackle
Mar 31, 2010 at 4:20 AM
- Shifty
- Veteran
- Posts: 23,429
I would be happy with a Trent Williams and CJ Spiller 1st round
Mar 31, 2010 at 5:19 AM
- tohara3
- Veteran
- Posts: 30,821
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I would be happy with a Trent Williams and CJ Spiller 1st round
Me too!
Mar 31, 2010 at 7:34 AM
- miked1978
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,626
nice
Mar 31, 2010 at 8:05 AM
- RollinWith21n52
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,948
Originally posted by Draftology:
one of the browns' few strengths was their o-line. there is no way they go tackle
30 sacks isn't exactly a strength. Even though they have some of the best players on the left side, and picked up a top notch C, they can still improve the right side of their line. This also has to do with value here. I don't believe that Holmgren will want anything to do with Claussen, and I don't think that Mangina will draft another talented, yet raw, pass rusher (Vernon Golston anyone?). Spiller looses much value for this team because they already have the best return man in the game, and therefore don't really need his return abilities. Therefore Haden, McClain, Morgan and O-line seem like the likely options. Between these, O-line has the most value in this pass rush happy division.
Mar 31, 2010 at 12:38 PM
- NinerBuff
- The Election Dude
- Posts: 21,443
essentially the best draft possibility. And 2nd pick ... Nate Allen, Morgan Burnett, Kareem Jackson, Brandon Ghee, Chad Jones, or Perrish Cox
Mar 31, 2010 at 2:44 PM
- Draftology
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,168
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:Originally posted by Draftology:
one of the browns' few strengths was their o-line. there is no way they go tackle
30 sacks isn't exactly a strength. Even though they have some of the best players on the left side, and picked up a top notch C, they can still improve the right side of their line. This also has to do with value here. I don't believe that Holmgren will want anything to do with Claussen, and I don't think that Mangina will draft another talented, yet raw, pass rusher (Vernon Golston anyone?). Spiller looses much value for this team because they already have the best return man in the game, and therefore don't really need his return abilities. Therefore Haden, McClain, Morgan and O-line seem like the likely options. Between these, O-line has the most value in this pass rush happy division.
If Eric Berry is there they take him no question over any of the tackles except Okung. I also think they would consider picking Clausen. I'm just saying that the Browns have much bigger needs than o-line and the best value might not necessarily be o-line.
Mar 31, 2010 at 3:41 PM
- midrdan
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,982
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:Originally posted by Draftology:
one of the browns' few strengths was their o-line. there is no way they go tackle
30 sacks isn't exactly a strength. Even though they have some of the best players on the left side, and picked up a top notch C, they can still improve the right side of their line. This also has to do with value here. I don't believe that Holmgren will want anything to do with Claussen, and I don't think that Mangina will draft another talented, yet raw, pass rusher (Vernon Golston anyone?). Spiller looses much value for this team because they already have the best return man in the game, and therefore don't really need his return abilities. Therefore Haden, McClain, Morgan and O-line seem like the likely options. Between these, O-line has the most value in this pass rush happy division.
The Browns have a lot of holes. After the loss of Edwards I could see them making a reach for Dez Bryant, though his workout was not great (and I don't think Holmgren is excited about a WR that doesn't like running slant routes) but I really don't think they will take a QB, CB or S in the first round, unless Berry falls. They need a pass rush and Morgan may be the choice here over JPP.
Mar 31, 2010 at 5:43 PM
- RollinWith21n52
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,948
Originally posted by midrdan:Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:Originally posted by Draftology:
one of the browns' few strengths was their o-line. there is no way they go tackle
30 sacks isn't exactly a strength. Even though they have some of the best players on the left side, and picked up a top notch C, they can still improve the right side of their line. This also has to do with value here. I don't believe that Holmgren will want anything to do with Claussen, and I don't think that Mangina will draft another talented, yet raw, pass rusher (Vernon Golston anyone?). Spiller looses much value for this team because they already have the best return man in the game, and therefore don't really need his return abilities. Therefore Haden, McClain, Morgan and O-line seem like the likely options. Between these, O-line has the most value in this pass rush happy division.
The Browns have a lot of holes. After the loss of Edwards I could see them making a reach for Dez Bryant, though his workout was not great (and I don't think Holmgren is excited about a WR that doesn't like running slant routes) but I really don't think they will take a QB, CB or S in the first round, unless Berry falls. They need a pass rush and Morgan may be the choice here over JPP.
Agreed, Morgan could be the pick. JPP will be too similar to Golston, IMO, for Mangini to agree with the pick. No way Bryant is even in the discussion for that team. Doesn't fit the character they look for.