Eric Berry!... Possibility?

Originally posted by Niners23:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Hypothetical...

1. Bradford
2. Suh
3. McCoy
4. Clausen

and we pull the trigger at 5. Would you want Berry or Okung? Personally I would want to shore up the O-line but either option is GREAT

If that was the scenario presented to me, I would take Okung. He is far and away the best OT int he draft, great work ethic and massive 36" arms (i.e. Ryan Clady type). Also, OT have a much smaller bust factor as compared to other positions, and this draft is so loaded with DB, I would be okay with passing Berry for Okung and getting a Safety in the later rounds.

+1
He's not getting passed #7. I'd rathe sur up the OL first
I think berry is very much in play for us. Safety just doesn't go that high, heck Ed Reed went #24 overall.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
it wont happen. Niners wouldn't make that move.
Originally posted by AkNiners:
I think berry is very much in play for us. Safety just doesn't go that high, heck Ed Reed went #24 overall.

I truly believe berry can slip a bit for us to grab him, reminds me of Ed Reed but tougher a hard hitter and a possibility for the 49ers to grab him or trade up.

He is the only player I would trade up and get him!
Based on what has been reported by zoners from places like ESPN and such...

If the Rams take a QB (Bradford), the Lions looking to protect their investment at QB, take Okung Instead of a DT then Bucs take Suh, and Skins take Claus next.

Then it depends if Chiefs go with Mc or Berry, Seahawks may look to OL in Buluga if the two QBs above are already taken, Browns looking for QB but if the two are gone, but unlikely they will take Berry...so

Let's say the Raider are as the rumor mills are saying, shopping this year's first for next years first and this years second. The niners make the move (Because we hope that we are in the playoffs and next years pick will be mid 20s and the talent level is not as good.) to take Berry.

Then at 13 if still their take Trent. At 17 either Iupati Graham or Spiller, whoever is there.

or if Trent not there-trade #13 back to Bengals for their first (#21) and second and esentially get a second round back. Take Charles Brown at 21. Then based on what we did not pick with the 17th pick the BPA with the Bengals #53 pick of the second round?

Would you be okay with this scene?

I know it is a wet dream , but don't wake me till the draft is really over.
Originally posted by WildBill:

If the Rams take a QB (Bradford), the Lions looking to protect their investment at QB, take Okung Instead of a DT then Bucs take Suh, and Skins take Claus next.

Then it depends if Chiefs go with Mc or Berry, Seahawks may look to OL in Buluga if the two QBs above are already taken, Browns looking for QB but if the two are gone, but unlikely they will take Berry...so

Let's say the Raider are as the rumor mills are saying, shopping this year's first for next years first and this years second. The niners make the move (Because we hope that we are in the playoffs and next years pick will be mid 20s and the talent level is not as good.) to take Berry.

Then at 13 if still their take Trent. At 17 either Iupati Graham or Spiller, whoever is there.

or if Trent not there-trade #13 back to Bengals for their first (#21) and second and esentially get a second round back. Take Charles Brown at 21. Then based on what we did not pick with the 17th pick the BPA with the Bengals #53 pick of the second round?

Sounds great, but it's never going to happen.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Unfortunately...
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Unfortunately...

New Regime, anything is possible come on Jed learn from your uncle and be aggresive!

We gotta have the you want go get them mentality, none of this girly stuff! Take risks management!
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
Originally posted by WildBill:

Sounds great, but it's never going to happen.
It would if the trade master Bill Walsh was running the show. That is the one thing the niners have not done is move up or down in the draft that much in recent history to grab players except for staley.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home