There are 104 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Eric Berry!... Possibility?

After reading this article they're is a possibility that he will fall. In that case, should we trade up and get him? I would do it without questions ask if he falls to #7 or even at #10. He would be a dynamic player on our defense that we lack in our secondary. and at 17 pick a lineman or trade down a few spots and pick Charles Brown.

Thought?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtAzDjhO8WweEdqtHtliHxBDubYF?slug=nfp-is_vols_eric_berry_worth_a_top10_pick_html-2010329&prov=nfp&type=lgns
I've been for trading up for him all along. I think he's worth it. Him and Goldson would be the sh*t! Gives me chills thinking about it.
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
I've been for trading up for him all along. I think he's worth it. Him and Goldson would be the sh*t! Gives me chills thinking about it.

hell yeah
If all it takes is a 4th than hell yeah. 3rd would seem like a lot but would probably still pull the trigger.
He is definitely worth trading up for esspecially if gets past Cleveland at 7 and falls to #9 or 10. IMO, he is the 2nd best player in the draft and would really help us out in a lot of ways in the secondary.
I'd be down to trade up for him, if he falls to 9, 10, 11, 12...
it wont happen. Niners wouldn't make that move.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
it wont happen. Niners wouldn't make that move.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
it wont happen. Niners wouldn't make that move.


Depends how highly they have him rated on the board and how they feel about their current Safetie posistion/situation on the team.
"Darren Preece, Melbourne Florida 12:41 PM ET
If he is still on the board do you see the Browns taking Eric Berry or will it be a QB or Joe Haden ?

Gil Brandt, NFL.com
Darren, I don't think we'll see a safety drafted that high. Eric Berry is an outstanding prospect, but safeties seldom get picked in the top 10. Mayber Cleveland will do the same thing they did last year, where they moved down a few spots for a center. They could move down a few spots if they want Berry or Haden (though not too far, as both will go shortly after 7)."
--Gil Brandt, NFL.com
Get Berry! Similar to PWillz, it may not be a position that is typically picked that high, but you can see what one stud does in a game. Get Berry and stop the 60+ yard bombs that kill our momentum against good passing teams.

If he is as good as predicted, this would be a scary good defense. Use our other first on a RT, and the rest of the draft for depth. Win the west and the next year become a true Super Bowl contender.
Brian Dawkins might be the only premier physical safety (ie not Darren Sharper) in the league who has proven to be consistently durable in recent years. Berry is awesome, but I think the odds are against him in terms of staying healthy over the long haul just because of the nature of the safety position for guys who aren't afraid to hit and get hit. What I mean is if we get him, great! But I wouldn't be looking to trade up to get him even if he does slide into the back end of the top 10.
Hypothetical...

1. Bradford
2. Suh
3. McCoy
4. Clausen

and we pull the trigger at 5. Would you want Berry or Okung? Personally I would want to shore up the O-line but either option is GREAT
Originally posted by ninertico:
"Darren Preece, Melbourne Florida 12:41 PM ET
If he is still on the board do you see the Browns taking Eric Berry or will it be a QB or Joe Haden ?

Gil Brandt, NFL.com
Darren, I don't think we'll see a safety drafted that high. Eric Berry is an outstanding prospect, but safeties seldom get picked in the top 10. Mayber Cleveland will do the same thing they did last year, where they moved down a few spots for a center. They could move down a few spots if they want Berry or Haden (though not too far, as both will go shortly after 7)."
--Gil Brandt, NFL.com

They didn't just move down a few spots, they moved from the front to the back in the draft.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Hypothetical...

1. Bradford
2. Suh
3. McCoy
4. Clausen

and we pull the trigger at 5. Would you want Berry or Okung? Personally I would want to shore up the O-line but either option is GREAT

If that was the scenario presented to me, I would take Okung. He is far and away the best OT int he draft, great work ethic and massive 36" arms (i.e. Ryan Clady type). Also, OT have a much smaller bust factor as compared to other positions, and this draft is so loaded with DB, I would be okay with passing Berry for Okung and getting a Safety in the later rounds.