There are 58 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

espn. 9ers eyeing spiller

• cupcheck
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by teeohh:
* Asked about a three-running back situation -- a possibility raised by Baalke on Friday -- Gore said he might be worried about getting into a rhythm if he wasn't the running back of first-third downs. "Personally I wouldn't like it," he said.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2010/03/smith-niners-mu.html#ixzz0jbjjH5LY

lol gore is such a baby

Gore is the type of back who gets better the more carries he gets, Thats why i think it would be stupid for us to get another RB.

Until he's hurt, or he racks up so many carries he's burned out before the playoffs.
* Asked about a three-running back situation -- a possibility raised by Baalke on Friday -- Gore said he might be worried about getting into a rhythm if he wasn't the running back of first-third downs. "Personally I wouldn't like it," he said.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2010/03/smith-niners-mu.html#ixzz0jbjjH5LY

lol gore is such a baby

Gore is the type of back who gets better the more carries he gets, Thats why i think it would be stupid for us to get another RB.

Agree, but splitting carries with Coffee will only keep him in the NFL longer. He's still a baby about out it though, I remember reading he was really upset when Robinson was drafted, it's pathetic.
I highly doubt that Spiller is on the 9ers radar at all, but then I said the poster were stupid to consider Crabtree available

lol gore is such a baby

It seems that Gore gets better as his carries increase. However, I think this might largely be an artifact of a poor o-line. If the line was opening up holes for him in the first series of the game and deep into the 4th quarter it wouldn't make much difference.

As it is, he gets stuffed so many times (not his fault mind you) that we all wait for the one or two carries he breaks for big gains. These are taken as proof you have to feed him the ball constantly to get results from him. I think consistent running lanes and a change of pace back will produce a more productive Gore that doesn't need 25+ carries per game to be effective.

I have no data to back this up, just my perception.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
I can't believe ESPN charges people for insider.

Milking it for what it's worth.
Originally posted by cupcheck:

lol gore is such a baby

Until he's hurt, or he racks up so many carries he's burned out before the playoffs.

We should definitely use a first round pick on a back who's only going to play in the playoffs or if Gore gets hurt!

[ Edited by foreign49er on Mar 29, 2010 at 23:26:11 ]
Originally posted by foreign49er:

lol gore is such a baby

We should definitely use a first round pick on a back who's only going to play in the playoffs or if Gore gets hurt!

But that's not the only time he's going to play. You're forgetting he can play WR too at times in the slot and he'd be our PR/KR. Not to mention I'm sure we can get him 5-10 carries per game. If he gets the ball 10-15 times per game, which isn't that hard factoring in the KR/PR role, he'd probably rip off 1-2 big gains per game and really help our field position. Plus we can throw him screens to help beat blitzes. Field position was one of the things we struggled at last year.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

lol gore is such a baby

But that's not the only time he's going to play. You're forgetting he can play WR too at times in the slot and he'd be our PR/KR. Not to mention I'm sure we can get him 5-10 carries per game. If he gets the ball 10-15 times per game, which isn't that hard factoring in the KR/PR role, he'd probably rip off 1-2 big gains per game and really help our field position. Plus we can throw him screens to help beat blitzes. Field position was one of the things we struggled at last year.

#13 pick on that? That's what you look for in the 2nd or 3rd round, especially in a draft full of OL/DL/DBs (three areas we could use starters).

IMO a stud OL/DL/DB will have more of an impact on the season than a stud returner.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

lol gore is such a baby

#13 pick on that? That's what you look for in the 2nd or 3rd round, especially in a draft full of OL/DL/DBs (three areas we could use starters).

IMO a stud OL/DL/DB will have more of an impact on the season than a stud returner.

Remember those games we lost because of fumbled returns....and 2 games we lost when Gore was out hurt in the beginning?
95% of the stuff about the niners on espn.com are articles based on quotes by bay area writers. i have espn insider and every time i see an article about the niners i hope for some original insight but im always disappointed