There are 162 users in the forums

Niners contacted Clausen?

Am I the only one that sees a resemblance here?

[ Edited by ramanz16 on Apr 14, 2010 at 5:58 PM ]
i dont think ppl are hating on clausen, majority of niner fans are thinking playoffs, they dont wanna hear about another first round qb who will be making 15 or 20 mil guranteed
Originally posted by Dominate:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Alex Smith passing

GP 26
Completions 389
Att 587
Comp % 66.3
yds 5203
TDs 47
8 Ints

Rushing
Att 286
Yds 1072
15 Tds

Jimmy Clausen Passing
GP 35
Comp 695
Att 1110
Comp % 62.6
Yds 8148
Tds 60
Ints 27

Rushing
Att 175
Yds -355yds, yes minus.
Tds 5

What do you see in Clausen that would suggest to you that he will be a better NFL QB? Alex produced 62 total TDs in 26 games. Clausen produced 65 Tds in 35 games. Alex was and still is more physically gifetd than most, and certainly smarter too.

He played in a pro style offense and is comfortable and effective under center...

But he still hasnt faced an NFL quality defense. Not only that but Notre Dame plays some real snot balls every year too. I dont buy the "he played in a pro style offense" as a reason he will succeed in the NFL.

Playing in a pro style offense gives you a better chance to succeed than playing in the shotgun. And Notre Dame doesn't play all softballs. They pretty routinely have the likes of Michigan, USC and Ohio State on their roster. Those are not softballs.
Alex Smith passing

GP 26
Completions 389
Att 587
Comp % 66.3
yds 5203
TDs 47
8 Ints

Rushing
Att 286
Yds 1072
15 Tds

Jimmy Clausen Passing
GP 35
Comp 695
Att 1110
Comp % 62.6
Yds 8148
Tds 60
Ints 27

Rushing
Att 175
Yds -355yds, yes minus.
Tds 5

What do you see in Clausen that would suggest to you that he will be a better NFL QB? Alex produced 62 total TDs in 26 games. Clausen produced 65 Tds in 35 games. Alex was and still is more physically gifetd than most, and certainly smarter too.
I'm completely against picking Clausen but stats from college tell us nothing.
Alex Smith passing

GP 26
Completions 389
Att 587
Comp % 66.3
yds 5203
TDs 47
8 Ints

Rushing
Att 286
Yds 1072
15 Tds

Jimmy Clausen Passing
GP 35
Comp 695
Att 1110
Comp % 62.6
Yds 8148
Tds 60
Ints 27

Rushing
Att 175
Yds -355yds, yes minus.
Tds 5

He played in a pro style offense and is comfortable and effective under center...

But he still hasnt faced an NFL quality defense. Not only that but Notre Dame plays some real snot balls every year too. I dont buy the "he played in a pro style offense" as a reason he will succeed in the NFL.

Playing in a pro style offense gives you a better chance to succeed than playing in the shotgun. And Notre Dame doesn't play all softballs. They pretty routinely have the likes of Michigan, USC and Ohio State on their roster. Those are not softballs.

Yeah Jimmy Clausen had a horrible record as a starting QB and he ways seemed to be b***hing I would rather have one of the kids Tim Tebow Circumcises in the Phillipines than Jimmy Clausen he won one f**kin bowl game against a f**king terrible team never beat USC and had one fucing quality year he f**king sucks the next Brady Quinn
Originally posted by lonneybyrd:
Alex Smith passing

GP 26
Completions 389
Att 587
Comp % 66.3
yds 5203
TDs 47
8 Ints

Rushing
Att 286
Yds 1072
15 Tds

Jimmy Clausen Passing
GP 35
Comp 695
Att 1110
Comp % 62.6
Yds 8148
Tds 60
Ints 27

Rushing
Att 175
Yds -355yds, yes minus.
Tds 5

Yeah Jimmy Clausen had a horrible record as a starting QB and he ways seemed to be b***hing I would rather have one of the kids Tim Tebow Circumcises in the Phillipines than Jimmy Clausen he won one f**kin bowl game against a f**king terrible team never beat USC and had one fucing quality year he f**king sucks the next Brady Quinn

Why would he beat USC? Notre Dame is nowhere near as good as USC overall up and down the roster. The whole team plays. Not just the QB. Records don't matter that much. A QB can only be the QB. He's not the whole team. And he didn't have that great of a team around him BTW.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
WTF? That really him??

That alone would make me not want him on our team. Wait for Jake next year.

because you're expecting us to finish with the worst record in the league...?
From what I seen of him and how he carries himself he seems like he has Jay Cutler's attitude and cockiness with a weaker arm. However, I hope he falls to 17 which would increase our chances of trading down.
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
From what I seen of him and how he carries himself he seems like he has Jay Cutler's attitude and cockiness with a weaker arm. However, I hope he falls to 17 which would increase our chances of trading down.

If the 49ers could trade #17 for a mid-#20 and another 3rd rounder, that'd be cool. I hope Clausen falls and somebody's willing to trade up for him.
clausen could be a good nfl qb. the thing is that we wont draft him. if we would not spend a first round pick on mcnabb, a prover pro bowl, playoff qb, we wont draft a qb in the first round.

It's that OL is more of a need
would rather wait to 2011 and trade up for a jake locker or andrew luck (if he were to come out)...
cluasen was a 20 yr old high school sr, and will be a 23-24 yr old rookie....i dont think he has the greatest of physical tools either
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
He's a little b***h.

this
Originally posted by ramanz16:
Am I the only one that sees a resemblance here?

fixed
Share 49ersWebzone