LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Sando's Perspective on Baalke's Draft History

A link to an overview of T. Baalke's draft history.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/15859/gm-profiling-baalkes-draft-history

Some information on how his teams have drafted.
I seen that yesterday and it's really kind of pointless. Him being one of the scouts for a team when these players were drafted these really gives no indication of what he would have done if he were in charge. It's something to look at but you really can't look at this and place any merit or any criticism at Baalke for certain picks b/c he didn't make these picks. He might have had a hand in these picks, or he might have been pulling for other guy's that the team passed on. Just no way to tell.
he's due to draft a RB this year
Originally posted by lamontb:
I seen that yesterday and it's really kind of pointless. Him being one of the scouts for a team when these players were drafted these really gives no indication of what he would have done if he were in charge. It's something to look at but you really can't look at this and place any merit or any criticism at Baalke for certain picks b/c he didn't make these picks. He might have had a hand in these picks, or he might have been pulling for other guy's that the team passed on. Just no way to tell.

This. Sando's trying to make bricks without straw.
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
he's due to draft a RB this year

I know the perfect RB / WR / ST do it all kinda guy that we can draft!
Draft preparation is a well-established process, with which Baalke should be very familiar and comfortable.

The real measure will be how he performs when the draft actually arrives and there is the pressure of the time clock. An article on those influences would have been more revealing, me thinks. For example, we know that McCloughan was heavily influenced by Ron Wolf and Ted Thompson in how he ran the draft process and prepared for draft day activity.

How will he respond to trade requests?
Will he initiate any trade requests of his own?
How will he handle phone calls from the agents of potential draftees?
Will he want to avoid selecting players who have undesirable agents?
How will he manage any emotional dissension in the draft room?
What kind of team image will he project to the media in interviews (which might influence the pending new stadium vote in Santa Clara in June)?
How quickly will the club be able to sign the UDFA's that they want to sign?
Not sure I like those results. The QBs looked pretty shaky. Let's hope this year with the 2 first rounders we get guys closer to John Abraham status and not Anthony Becht.
Good read, but nothing concrete there.
Originally posted by jimbagg:
Draft preparation is a well-established process, with which Baalke should be very familiar and comfortable.

The real measure will be how he performs when the draft actually arrives and there is the pressure of the time clock. An article on those influences would have been more revealing, me thinks. For example, we know that McCloughan was heavily influenced by Ron Wolf and Ted Thompson in how he ran the draft process and prepared for draft day activity.

How will he respond to trade requests?
Will he initiate any trade requests of his own?
How will he handle phone calls from the agents of potential draftees?
Will he want to avoid selecting players who have undesirable agents?
How will he manage any emotional dissension in the draft room?
What kind of team image will he project to the media in interviews (which might influence the pending new stadium vote in Santa Clara in June)?
How quickly will the club be able to sign the UDFA's that they want to sign?
Share 49ersWebzone