There are 217 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2nd Rd OT's

Wouldn't be mad if we wait until 2nd round to get our RT.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Well I thought for sure we would get either Trent Williams or Anthony Davis at 13 but now im not so confident anymore, so what do we do?

which means we could either reach on a Bruce Campbell at 13 or 17 or take the best two players available at 13 and 17 and take an OT in the 2nd rd. I am a big Jason Fox fan and he could be had in the 2nd rd but he a natural LT and while he certainly could play RT, I don't think it would be the best fit for him. Im not a big fan of Vladimir Duccasse who seems to be "sexy" "sleeper" offensive lineman for a lot of draft people but im not a fan. Im starting to look at Kyle Calloway (Iowa), Ciron Black (LSU) and Jared Veldheer (Hillside) as potential 2nd rd right tackle picks for the 49ers as I don't think it is a slam dunk anymore we will take an OT with one of our 1st rd picks with it looking like a real possibility the big four (Okung, Bulaga, Williams, Davis) being of the board by the time we pick.

I think it could work out though, because while RT is a huge need, you almost hate to take a RIGHT tackle in the 1st rd and I think a guy like Calloway can be a very solid NFL RT and can come right and start.

With our two 1st rd picks we could end up getting a combination of C.J Spiller and Kyle Wilson or maybe Wilson and Earl Thomas which would be a dream or even Joe Haden and Taylor Mays. I wouldn't take Iupati at 13 or 17. Maybe if we traded down but not at 17.

Your thoughts?

Give me any combination of Dez Bryant, Brandon Graham, Earl Thomas or Golden Tate in the 1st round. with Jared Veldheer (Hillside) in the 2nd and i'm happy.

my dream draft

Bryant
Graham
Jared Veldheer (Hillside)
Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
Marshall Newhouse

If we didn't have other pressing needs I would say take Dez Bryant if he is available but we have to many other needs plus jeez another Euguene Parker WR client plus now your talking a lot of egos with Crabtree, Vernon and Dez Bryant.

WR is as big as need as S, CB,OLB whether you see it or not. Also your Parker concerns are for not! He already knows how we operate. IMO Parker would be a plus.

totally agree. Our WR's are totally overrated
Take 'Vlad the Impaler' with our second rounder...
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by tmpluff:
I would love to find a way to add Spiller or Best, But I don't think all the 4 tackles will be taken by pick 13. and we need line help, Gotta grab one, I would actually be okey with trading our 17th pick to the texans (3 spots) and then grabbing Lupati as well, we would then have 2 more stud linemen to bust people in the face and let Gore do what he does! IF that were to happen I would hope we would find someone later in the draft that could return punts and Kickoffs (Jacoby Ford in 2nd-3rd maybe?)

Here is a way to add Spiller, BPA [ Wilson, Graham, or who ever you want at #17], then trade the 20011 first round + to NE. for #22 and take Charels Brown, OT-USC.
Ed Wang Virginia Tech - another underrated tackle with athleticism. Had a good Senior Bowl week and combine.

IMO, Charles Brown probably won't come close to the 2nd rd. He has the potential to be the BEST LT in the entire draft. The guy has unreal athleticism and footwork. I wouldn't be surprised if we took him at #17.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Ed Wang Virginia Tech - another underrated tackle with athleticism. Had a good Senior Bowl week and combine.

IMO, Charles Brown probably won't come close to the 2nd rd. He has the potential to be the BEST LT in the entire draft. The guy has unreal athleticism and footwork. I wouldn't be surprised if we took him at #17.

Ed Wang? In the second round? Better check the tape again. He is a middle round prospect at best. Charles Brown is not a mid first round prospect either.

I would prefer getting Saffold in the second if we don't get one with in the first.
Originally posted by DesiDez:

no way okung is definitally the best he is strong has long arms good feetwork smart all tools to make a good LT he has chance to be all pro and imo if he falls to 5 i would package both our first for 5 and the cheifs 2nd rounder
Remember Kwame Harris? He was a low 1st rounder, as I recall. He about got Alex killed. We cannot afford another failed OT drafteee. Your QB is too important to leave him at risk. Some of you may laugh about Alex, but if you got your wish and they landed a good QB, you'd be furious if he got killed. So every fan should demand that the 9ers get an outstanding OT by whatever means it takes. Second rate is not acceptable.
I was listening to ESPN on the radio and McShay was saying that this years O Tackles are not as good as last years picks and he had some concerns as whether Okung through Williams were 1st round talents at all. Are they first round talent or just the best that this years draft has to offer? If thely are not first round talent then they might not pick any of them but wait until better talent becomes available in this years draft. That could be 2nd or 3rd round.