There are 89 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

only 3 players to trade up for

Originally posted by YorkHater:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Why does everybody want to trade up and get Okung...we already have a LT

Who? barry sims is about to sign with the skins....Joe staley is a glorified center playing LT

Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Mine are:

Eric Berry, if he reaches the 8th or 9th pick.

Golden Tate if he falls to the 25th to 30th pick.

Mike Iupati if he falls to the 30th-32nd pick.

Until then my two 1st round picks are:

13. Trent Williams

17. Brandon Graham

now mah man you speakin mah language

Who? barry sims is about to sign with the skins....Joe staley is a glorified center playing LT

WINNER ! Dumba$$ post of the day award.

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

WINNER ! Dumba$$ post of the day award.
The player I'm hoping we trade up for is Jahvid Best.

We can't let another Golden Bear get away.

Wow first the Bulaga thread and now this. I am glad you so know much about evaluating O-Line talent. You should get a job in the NFL because you are oh-so-excellent at it but seriously man, you're a troll.

You must be a spoof poster. This remark just can't be taken seriously
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by cupcheck:

Well, it simply isn't going to happen, but if the rest of the NFL had a collective dose of idiocy, I would take him and put Staley as RT.

If he fell all the way to 13 I say f**k it and wait till 17

I don't suppose you would like to place a small bet on this possibility?

English- Do you have inside information on why Okung would drop the the proverbial rock? A few analysts aren't all that impressed with his game tape, wonder what you've read?

Dude I have no inside info on anyone. That being said, do YOU think he will drop to 17? 17!

Fancy a gamble?!!

I'll go" ALL IN". to get a tackle, I'd trade with NE. at #22 and select Charles Brown. But to answer your question, no I don't think he'll get passed Buffalo.
If the first 4 picks fell this way:

1. Rams - Sam Bradford
2. Lions - McCoy
3. Bucs - Suh
4. Skins - Clausen

Then we trade the Chiefs the #5 and #36 for our #13 and #17 and next years third round. They are both roughly 2250pts.

5. Niners - Okung (he starts at RT and for the next few years then him and staley switch, we have stability and versatility at the tackle position)

36. Kareem Jackson - Physical CB with ball skills and return capability

49. Morgan Burnett - We shore up our secondary with another physical DB

3 - Eric Norwood - another piece in the OLB rotation

4 - Eric Decker - solid hands and crisp routes. we can drop Brandon Jones with this pick

Pick up a Guard in FA
Eric Berry if he falls out of the top 7-8.
  • sfbuckeye49
  • Info N/A
I would not trade up early in the first but if someone slides that could start for us in the bottom of the first i would make the attempt. I would offer a 2nd and a fourth, but no way to give up next years number. If Alex doesnt work out next year is going to be deep at QB.
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by sfbuckeye49:
I would not trade up early in the first but if someone slides that could start for us in the bottom of the first i would make the attempt. I would offer a 2nd and a fourth, but no way to give up next years number. If Alex doesnt work out next year is going to be deep at QB.

If A. Smith doesn't"work out", he will be gone, Sing & Ray would be lucky to survive. A new 5 yr. plan with a rookie QB. thrown to the wolves. Better throw the kitchen sink at this draft, mortgage the farm and use every possible resource, including next yrs 1st to get as many impact players for this yrs push to the play offs. Drafting projects and bench warmers won't help this yr or 2011 if there is a lock out. Next yrs #1 has more value now with the division there for the taking, as opposed to saving it for rebuilding .
Originally posted by BigBug415:
The player I'm hoping we trade up for is Jahvid Best.

We can't let another Golden Bear get away.

THIS!!!! If he makes it into the 2nd round I would try and move up 10 spots to get him. That is assuming of course we don't draft Spiller (I think they would easily pass on Spiller in the 1st if they thought they'd have a good shot at Best in the 2nd)...
Originally posted by cupcheck:
Originally posted by sfbuckeye49:

If A. Smith doesn't"work out", he will be gone, Sing & Ray would be lucky to survive. A new 5 yr. plan with a rookie QB. thrown to the wolves. Better throw the kitchen sink at this draft, mortgage the farm and use every possible resource, including next yrs 1st to get as many impact players for this yrs push to the play offs. Drafting projects and bench warmers won't help this yr or 2011 if there is a lock out. Next yrs #1 has more value now with the division there for the taking, as opposed to saving it for rebuilding .

A rookie QB can do pretty well behind a good OL, with a good running game and a stout defense (i.e. Mark Sanchez)...

Not that it matters. Carr would be the starter next year and they could bring a rookie along a littler slower if they wanted to.