There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Expect No Trades

Now that Scott is taking an "extended leave of absence" all of you draft gurus I can guarantee you there will be no trades for the 49ers. This draft will run on auto pilot unless someone offers the 49ers a HUGE windfall of picks for a spot. Expect the 49ers to not wheel and deal.

So update those "Trade" mocks gents!

Your thoughts?
I didn't really expect any trades anyway. The only scenario I thought we might make a trade is if we didn't get a tackle at 13, and decided to let someone move up to 17 so we could move down to the bottom of the first and pick up Rodger Saffold.
I guarantee that most of these guarantees fellow posters keep giving us will be worthless.

Guaranteed!
It'll be a big help that the draft is three days now. They'll have plenty of time to think things through.
Originally posted by Butter:
It'll be a big help that the draft is three days now. They'll have plenty of time to think things through.

This
that's such a crap comment expect no trades? come the f**k on? what the other guys can't make it happen? dumbass!
Originally posted by wailers15:
that's such a crap comment expect no trades? come the f**k on? what the other guys can't make it happen? dumbass!

is it me or everyone in the webzone the past couple of days has a short fuse?
They said they will run according to their board. If there's a guy who is really high on their board who is dropping they just might do a trade.

I wouldn't expect an trade downs and definitely not a lot of wheeling and dealing, but then again we rarely do that.
Expect nothing good to happen. We have no GM...
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

you would expect nothing good to happen even if we still had McCloughan.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

you would expect nothing good to happen even if we still had McCloughan.

I would rather have Scot M. than no GM weeks before the draft. Do you see any other team in the league making moves like this weeks before the draft? We are the envy of the league. Our moves are like no other organization.

Originally posted by English:
I guarantee that most of these guarantees fellow posters keep giving us will be worthless.

Guaranteed!

That was friggin awesome!

I can see why someone would think no trades, but I think there could be some aggressive moving up for us. If Mike and Co. see a prospect slipping, they will have the stones (and firepower) to go get them. We have lots of average bodies that fills our depth chart, but we should be shooting for quality over quantity. We don't need 8 draft picks this year. I say, move up (not in the top 10, please) and get the targets we want.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Now that Scott is taking an "extended leave of absence" all of you draft gurus I can guarantee you there will be no trades for the 49ers. This draft will run on auto pilot unless someone offers the 49ers a HUGE windfall of picks for a spot. Expect the 49ers to not wheel and deal.

So update those "Trade" mocks gents!

Your thoughts?

I disagree. The Carolina trade only happened cause they called us and everyone wondered what took Scotty so long to pull the trigger. There stands a pretty good chance we won't initiate a trade. But if someone like Carolina comes calling......
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
Originally posted by wailers15:

is it me or everyone in the webzone the past couple of days has a short fuse?

It's been like that for a while now, getting pretty ridiculous.
Originally posted by English:

Guaranteed!

Para lui lui lui goaaaaal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!