There are 139 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Better Value: Spiller at 13/17 or Best at 49?

Better Value: Spiller at 13/17 or Best at 49?

Originally posted by Butter:
How do Spiller/Best compare to Reggie Bush?

It's a pretty fair comparison with a few caveats.

- when judging RB vision, it's Best >>>> Spiller > Bush

- when judging RB hands, it's Bush >> Spiller > Best

- when judging RB agility, it's Bush >>> Best >> Spiller
Originally posted by oldman9er:

agreed

IMO Best in 2nd is much better than spiller at 13 or 17
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by oldman9er:

agreed

IMO Best in 2nd is much better than spiller at 13 or 17

Interesting. So if the Niners went OT and CB with the 1sts, and then added Best if he's available, I'd be pretty happy with that as a start to the draft.
Trouble is Best won't be there at #49.
Originally posted by dbdublin:

That is true, he will go to lions in round 2 unless another really good player falls to them. Best was the #1 RB on the board until he got injured. Best has consistely shown he can get it done and offers the same KR/PR ability and game breaking speed (Spiller is a better reciever).

I'd be willing to trade up to get Best, but only if Reshad Jones/chad jones or another good saftey cannot be had in the 3rd or 4th round. otherwise trade our 2nd +3rd for Stl. 2nd + 6th. it is alot to give up, but it frees up our13th pick so we can grab an OT that falls, Dez if he falls, or Joe Haden(4.43 pro day).

Also, I laugh at anyone who voted spiller at 13, because spiller at 17 is always gonna be a better deal. Think about it logically before just clicking the first thing you see.
Originally posted by GoldenGateFan:
Originally posted by dbdublin:

That is true, he will go to lions in round 2 unless another really good player falls to them. Best was the #1 RB on the board until he got injured. Best has consistely shown he can get it done and offers the same KR/PR ability and game breaking speed (Spiller is a better reciever).

I'd be willing to trade up to get Best, but only if Reshad Jones/chad jones or another good saftey cannot be had in the 3rd or 4th round. otherwise trade our 2nd +3rd for Stl. 2nd + 6th. it is alot to give up, but it frees up our13th pick so we can grab an OT that falls, Dez if he falls, or Joe Haden(4.43 pro day).

Also, I laugh at anyone who voted spiller at 13, because spiller at 17 is always gonna be a better deal. Think about it logically before just clicking the first thing you see.

I don't think you understood the vote question. Someone who votes for Spiller at 13 is saying

[Spiller at 13] > [Best at 49]
Originally posted by JizzmasterZero:
I posted this yesterday, in a hijacked thread....but here goes.

Spillers seems to me like a one year wonder. Look back at his college carreer. How can this guy be rated the #1 RB coming out?!? I don't get it.

2009(his best year)
36 catches for 503 yards and 4 TD's. 216 Rushes for 1212 yards and 12 TD's. 16 Total TD

2008(mediocre at best)
34 catches for 436 yards and 3 TD's. 116 Rushes for 629 yards and 7 TD's. 10 total TD's

2007(Is this the same guy you all are calling for?)
34 catches for 271 yards and 2 TD's. 145 Rushes for 768 yards and 3 TD's. 5 total TD's

2006(a pretty solid year for a freshman, but production falls sharply for the next 2 yrs)
19 catches for 210 yards and 2 TD's. 129 Rushes for 938 and 10 TD's. 12 total TD's

I dunno, he had a solid senior year, freshman year too....but WTF happened to the middle two years? Was he injured? Was he splitting time? If he was splitting time, why? If he's so elite, why take carries away from him?

07 and 08 are "red flags" to me. Please niners....pass on spillers. We already have GORE, and RB's are easier to find than Stud OL we're sure to get with our 13 and 17.

He was splitting time with James Davis until his last year when he was for all intesive purposes "the guy."

Mathews at 17