There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

WalterFootball's 3/17 'Expert' Mock Draft (Bulaga and Thomas)

Originally posted by fryet:
Hmm, this draft is really strange

Browns at 7 pick an ILB when a QB is still on the board?

Personally, I don't think Berry will be a top 5 pick, because the salary is too high for a safety. Maybe I am wrong, but I believe he would be the highest paid safety in the NFL as a rookie if selected at #5.

This fact is gonna make alot of teams in the top 5 really think about passing on him
Bulaga would be GREAT if he slid down to 13. He can play either RT or LT easily. And while I do like Thomas, at 17 I'd rather get Dan Williams or Dez Bryant. I think that since many of our top needs are on offense, we would go Dez in that situation.
I wouldn't mind Thomas; however, Bryant was still on the board at 17, and he would have to be the BPA at that point, so I would take him over Thomas.
I told Walter I love the Bulaga pick, but didn't think Singletary would go for a S who may someday transition to CB. Why do that when he could simply draft one of the best CB's...besides, Coach is happy w/Goldson, and believes Reggie Smith is ready to take over for Michael Lewis. He also thinks Curtis Taylor has a good future. I'd actually love to see Coach get Bulaga and Iupati...that'd really give the OL the boost they need, then he'd have the remaining 7/8 picks to draft other position players.
Originally posted by saniner:
Bulaga would be GREAT if he slid down to 13. He can play either RT or LT easily. And while I do like Thomas, at 17 I'd rather get Dan Williams or Dez Bryant. I think that since many of our top needs are on offense, we would go Dez in that situation.
1.is dez bryant that guy with some character issues???
2.do we really have our biggest needs at offense? dont you think that our pass rush and pass defense sucks much more?

we dont have to take another WR in the first round as our weaknesses are speed, pass rush, the o-line and the pass defense that we have to improve instead of signing a head case.
[ Edited by communist on Mar 21, 2010 at 7:38 AM ]
Bulaga and Dez Bryant would be awesome
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by lamontb:
I think Bulaga will be there b/c some teams see him as strickly as a RT. I hope they pass on Bryant I think he's gonna be a bust.

Yep, avoid any WR with the first name "Dez"

Avoid any Wr from Oklahoma State. You all remember this coupe.

Who knows what we will pick at this point? We don't have a GM weeks before the draft. I don't believe the Yorks care anymore if they ever did.
nearly the whole zone hates mcclueless and now you are afraid of the new, namely mcclueless-free situation??
Originally posted by fryet:
Hmm, this draft is really strange

Browns at 7 pick an ILB when a QB is still on the board?

Personally, I don't think Berry will be a top 5 pick, because the salary is too high for a safety. Maybe I am wrong, but I believe he would be the highest paid safety in the NFL as a rookie if selected at #5.

Maybe but all the other safeties in the league would love that. I don't think teams would avoid him just for that reason. Niners drafted VD and made him the highest pad TE in the league at the time b/c of the draft pay scale. Now all the proven safeties contracts will be higher than Berry's when they need a new contract.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by miked1978:
I can see Dez falling. WRs have fallen the past 2 years from what I remember. 2 years ago no WRs were taken in round 1 when people projected around 3 to go. Last year Crabtree fell to us.

I don't see Bulaga falling to 13 neither. Would be nice though.

If that's the case, then there's no way we pass on Dez at 17, especially if we've already taken a tackle.

I think there are plenty of reasons to pass on Dez at 17.

The fact he attended pacman┬┤s pro day workout might indicate that Dez is a major head case in the making.
Given Singletary took Crabtree last year when he fell in his lap, it wouldn't seem likely they'd draft Bryant. Besides, I don't see him falling to us, anyway. Yes, many thought the same thing about Michael, but this year we're at #13 and Singletary's determined to get his OT and BPA, which could be a CB, DL, pass rusher (who knows how he and Baalke will differ from Mac on that one). I like Thomas as a player, but in Singletary's mind, S isn't a big priority, given he's high on both Reggie Smith and Curtis Taylor.
I love this draft so much which makes it certain it will not happen.