There are 88 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mike Singletary at William and Mary pro day today

Hey guys. I'm a student at William and Mary and I thought I'd tell you all that coach Mike was at our pro day today. We only had 7 guys work out in front of the scouts today. I'm trying to figure out who he could have been looking at. McAulay has some return abilities and Adrian Tracy is just a freak of nature. Caldwell and Livingston are both safetys that should be there in the late rounds

http://www.tribeathletics.com/story.php/10099/

http://www.tribeathletics.com/files/fb/2010/photos/pd/
Thanks for the report!

Some of those photos are funny. The few with about 8-10 scouts lined up at the end of the 40 yd dash with their stop-watches at the ready crack me up. So serious.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Mar 17, 2010 at 10:02 PM ]
looks like he is our new GM
Tracy is the prospect I'd love to have out of this group. He was natural in his transition in linebacker drills over from defensive end. On top of that, Adrian has the fantastic speed and size we look for the kind of hybrid DE/OLB prospect we look for. He shows good burst off the snap and plays big.

I like Adrian Tracy and wouldn't mind adding him in the later rounds.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Tracy is the prospect I'd love to have out of this group. He was natural in his transition in linebacker drills over from defensive end. On top of that, Adrian has the fantastic speed and size we look for the kind of hybrid DE/OLB prospect we look for. He shows good burst off the snap and plays big.

The kid from Washington with the unusual last name is a good OLB/DE prospect. The name blanks me. He performed after Suh at the combine.
This says one thing to me, we don't have a GM anymore so Sing is filling in getting all the scouting info.

I think that's who Singletary is scouting. In some of the photos, I see Pass Rush coach Al Harris. I'm not sure who the other guy is. Maybe the regional scout? I know Singletary was caught talking to Cincy DE/OLB Alex Daniels last week.
Originally posted by GEEK:

The kid from Washington with the unusual last name is a good OLB/DE prospect. The name blanks me. He performed after Suh at the combine.

Daniel Te'o-Nesheim (I'm just going to call him Teo) is a very athletic guy -- I assume you're talking about him -- and he absolutely reminds me of another prospect expected to go higher -- Koa Misi.

Teo is incredibly athletic for his size and I love his potential as a developmental player. Pretty productive, and the guy knows how to strip the ball evidence by 5 forced fumbles. And disruptive? Yes. In a good way, on the field. Watching him this year, the positives I saw were that he fired off the snap well and did well to often get pressure on the QB. He's a hustle guy too, and as mentioned he's got a nice combination of size and speed.

Some issues to note: Daniel is sometimes inconsistent as a tackler, and he lacks discipline -- he doesn't always play smart. He took a very stupid late hit out of bounds penalty against Notre Dame this year and it was unacceptable. Just stupid, stupid, stupid. Good thing though, if he comes here -- Sing can teach him that.

I love Teo as a developmental WILL prospect. The guy had 10 sacks last year, so he's got talent. 5th round range would be just about right, but he may not last that long because of his combine. A team intrigued with his athleticism could select Daniel as high as the 4th. I wouldn't be too surprised if that happened to be us.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 17, 2010 at 11:30 PM ]
Tracy would be a great prospect to pick up. I have a friend in my dorm who is on the football team and he says he talked to Singletary for a few minutes. I'm going to try to get some info. out of him.
I have him in my mock draft
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=138992&page=1
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GEEK:

Daniel Te'o-Nesheim (I'm just going to call him Teo) is a very athletic guy -- I assume you're talking about him -- and he absolutely reminds me of another prospect expected to go higher -- Koa Misi.

Teo is incredibly athletic for his size and I love his potential as a developmental player. Pretty productive, and the guy knows how to strip the ball evidence by 5 forced fumbles. And disruptive? Yes. In a good way, on the field. Watching him this year, the positives I saw were that he fired off the snap well and did well to often get pressure on the QB. He's a hustle guy too, and as mentioned he's got a nice combination of size and speed.

Some issues to note: Daniel is sometimes inconsistent as a tackler, and he lacks discipline -- he doesn't always play smart. He took a very stupid late hit out of bounds penalty against Notre Dame this year and it was unacceptable. Just stupid, stupid, stupid. Good thing though, if he comes here -- Sing can teach him that.

I love Teo as a developmental WILL prospect. The guy had 10 sacks last year, so he's got talent. 5th round range would be just about right, but he may not last that long because of his combine. A team intrigued with his athleticism could select Daniel as high as the 4th. I wouldn't be too surprised if that happened to be us.

Ditto. The fact that Singletary is going to smaller schools has me to believe we'll pick not based on program and size, but more on potential and playmaking ability.
I'm sure he was looking at Tracy.
  • 49erFaiTHFuLL
  • Info N/A
Thanks for the link..