LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 324 users in the forums

Seahawks n Chargers swap 2nds for Whitehurst

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/17/whitehurst-acquisition-only-raises-more-questions/Link This could mean no Best in the 2nd
They could use it to draft Kareem Jackson or Devin McCourty, or position themselves to move up in front of the Chiefs for Cody. Think Best will be gone before #49 no matter what trades happen.
Unlikely, most draft projections have SD taking Ryan Matthews, who is a bigger back more capable of taking the beating of an every-down back. SD already has a scat back in Sproles, and won't want to team him with another speedster, they will want a bigger, more powerful back, which is Matthews.
Originally posted by Niners23:
Unlikely, most draft projections have SD taking Ryan Matthews, who is a bigger back more capable of taking the beating of an every-down back. SD already has a scat back in Sproles, and won't want to team him with another speedster, they will want a bigger, more powerful back, which is Matthews.

I want Ryan Mathews
Nice move by the Seahawks. I think they are drafting a tackle with their 1st pick in the 1st round now.
All I can say is that A.J. Smith is the man and Seattle better be right about this.

The only way this figures is that Carroll used his Spanos family connections to get the straight story on Whitehurst from the Charger coaching staff and they talked him up big time . . . I mean to invest over $10 Million and the pick differential on this guy seems crazy.
Seahawks now probably won't draft a QB and will go tackle. Even with Okung gone, they'll probably draft Bulaga. That's just my guess.
Originally posted by teeohh:

I want Ryan Mathews

x2
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by teeohh:

I want Ryan Mathews

x2

that's why you're my brotha amar!

Wow. Just wow. And people bag on our front office.

WTH is Seattle thinking! Hahahahaha!! I don't know what's more off... that they value Whitehurst (3rd string, never playing) at a mid-third round grade, or that they're trading down in this particular draft from the top of the 2nd where there will be good talent available. Dumb move, imo.

Good deal for SD. Perhaps they can get Mathews AND Terrance Cody now. Both, without having to pick a RB or a NT in the first and wait for the scraps to fall to them in the late second. Good move for them as they really needed this.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Legbreaker:

Wow. Just wow. And people bag on our front office.

And wasn't he tendered a 3rd rounder as well?
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Wow, great move by SD. Now they can take Matthews and get the NT they need.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Wow, great move by SD. Now they can take Matthews and get the NT they need.

That trade was perfect for them. Mathews and Sproles could be a real nice combo, but a lot of SD reporters want a NT first since Turner and Sproles were drafted in later rounds. Mathews and Cody would fill their 2 biggest needs while drafting them at ideal spots.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Moving up about 20 spots in the 2nd round for your #3 QB?
Share 49ersWebzone