There are 56 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The All-Playmaker Mock (Spiller[13] & Bryant[17])

Not really making huge leaps here...we are simply taking the best players available at 13 and 17 -- assuming that Scotty doesn't have Haden as the BPA.

As long as we take a RT in the 2nd round that can play as a rookie, we're good to go. Talk about a team loaded with weapons!

1. STL - Clausen/Bradford
2. DET - Okung
3. TB - Suh
4. WAS - Clausen/Bradford
5. KC - Bulaga
6. SEA - McCoy (DT)
7. CLE - Berry
8. OAK - Campbell
9. BUF - Williams (OT)
10. JAX – Pierre-Paul
11. DEN - McClain
12. MIA - Williams (NT)
13. SF - Spiller
14. SEA - Mays
15. NYG – Earl Thomas
16. TEN – Morgan
17. SF – Dez Bryant
Which one of them will be playing RT?
  • oklasooners
  • Info N/A
i would be the first to say i want an o lineman in the first but i like how you went out on a limb with the bryant at 17. giving smith two more weapons....NICE!!!!!!!! An offense with crabtree davis gore d.bryant Morgan And spiller. I wouldnt mind at all
If Bryant drops to 17, you have to take him. The offense would be ridiculous if they drafted Spiller and Bryant, well in theory at least.

Originally posted by genus49:
Which one of them will be playing RT?

Draft RT in the second round. No harm in that.
[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Mar 15, 2010 at 11:03 AM ]
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Not really making huge leaps here...we are simply taking the best players available at 13 and 17 -- assuming that Scotty doesn't have Haden as the BPA.

As long as we take a RT in the 2nd round that can play as a rookie, we're good to go. Talk about a team loaded with weapons!

2. DET - Okung
3. TB - Suh
5. KC - Bulaga
6. SEA - McCoy (DT)
7. CLE - Berry
8. OAK - Campbell
9. BUF - Williams (OT)
10. JAX – Pierre-Paul
11. DEN - McClain
12. MIA - Williams (NT)
13. SF - Spiller
14. SEA - Mays
15. NYG – Earl Thomas
16. TEN – Morgan
17. SF – Dez Bryant

I was thinking of a Mock just like this last night. Where the niners said screw it and went offensive play-maker in the 1st. Dez Bryant scares me a bit in terms of off the field/personality, but his skills are absolutely amazing! I also think we could consider Golden Tate, but 17 might be to high. We might have to trade back.

If things unfolded like this I would not be upset at all. It just means that we should go OL, OL with our next two picks.

I would be pumped if we ended up with one of the following:

1a: Spiller
1b: Bryant/Tate
2: Vladamir Duccasse or Roger Saffold
3: John Jerry or Mike Johnson
[ Edited by ajax1188 on Mar 15, 2010 at 11:07 AM ]
I wouldn't be mad at that draft!
No soup for you!!
Why don't we use all of our picks in the 2010 draft on explosive return men?

It would transform our team! SuperBowl, baby!!
If you have Crabtree, Gore, Davis, and then add Spiller and Bryant, you have more offensive weapons than the Cardinals did in their Super Bowl run.

I just dont see it happening because the FO has literally done nothing in FA to help the line. In fact, losing Pashos and possibly Sims would be hurting what is already the weakest link on the team. As intriguing as Spiller and Bryant are, I just dont see them passing on a lineman in the first round.
Originally posted by ajax1188:

2. DET - Okung
3. TB - Suh
5. KC - Bulaga
6. SEA - McCoy (DT)
7. CLE - Berry
8. OAK - Campbell
9. BUF - Williams (OT)
10. JAX – Pierre-Paul
11. DEN - McClain
12. MIA - Williams (NT)
13. SF - Spiller
14. SEA - Mays
15. NYG – Earl Thomas
16. TEN – Morgan
17. SF – Dez Bryant

I was thinking of a Mock just like this last night. Where the niners said screw it and went offensive play-maker in the 1st. Dez Bryant scares me a bit in terms of off the field/personality, but his skills are absolutely amazing! I also think we could consider Golden Tate, but 17 might be to high. We might have to trade back.

If things unfolded like this I would not be upset at all. It just means that we should go OL, OL with our next two picks.

I would be pumped if we ended up with one of the following:

1a: Spiller
1b: Bryant/Tate
2: Vladamir Duccasse or Roger Saffold
3: John Jerry or Mike Johnson

Another option is to trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to trade up to the mid-20s and take an OL that falls. That could be Campbell, Davis, Brown, or Iupati. The trade calculator says the #49 and #79 is -even money' for the #25 pick.

So if a lineman falls to us there, we can pull the trigger.

Imagine a draft of Spiller, Dez Bryant, and Iupati!
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
If you have Crabtree, Gore, Davis, and then add Spiller and Bryant, you have more offensive weapons than the Cardinals did in their Super Bowl run.

I just dont see it happening because the FO has literally done nothing in FA to help the line. In fact, losing Pashos and possibly Sims would be hurting what is already the weakest link on the team. As intriguing as Spiller and Bryant are, I just dont see them passing on a lineman in the first round.

If Okung, Williams, and Bulaga are all gone at #13, we're not taking a tackle anyway. The only way I see us taking an O-lineman other than one of those three at 13 or 17 is if Sing and Scotty fall in love with Davis or Iupati...Sing had a man-crush on Oher before the draft, so its not unprecetented.

yeah but with an OL that can't give Smith time to throw or open holes for Gore, those threats are easily neutralized
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I would cream my pants if we ended up with Spiller and Bryant.

If Okung, Williams, and Bulaga are all gone at #13, we're not taking a tackle anyway. The only way I see us taking an O-lineman other than one of those three at 13 or 17 is if Sing and Scotty fall in love with Davis or Iupati...Sing had a man-crush on Oher before the draft, so its not unprecetented.

If Okung, Bulaga, and Williams are gone and Sea. drafted an OT, they could easily go BAP #13 and #17. At #17 A. Davis has to be one of the BAP, the game tape does not lie.
  • willworkforbecky
  • Info N/A

Who's gonna play Warner.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home