Here is another take on the 49ers draft possibilities. In this scenario Okung, Bulaga, and Williams are off the board at 13. I don't think Anthony Davis is the answer, and 13 is probably to high for him anyways.
I also believe Spiller might me gone too. (Even if he is there I don't know if Scotty will pull the trigger).
Saying that here we go....
1A: Dan Williams, NT Tennessee
- NT of the future
- Gives us leverage against Franklin (contract wise) or even ability to trade him
1B: Mike Iupati, OG Idaho
- Plug him in the Oline for the next 10 or so Years
- Gives us some much needed size and nastiness
2: Vladimir Ducasse, OT Massachussets
- Big body
- Athletic OT
- Adds size and versatility to the line
- Can play multiple positions
3: Mardy Gilyard, WR/KR Cincinnati
- Add another weapon for Alex Smith
- Also gives us a serious return man at the same time
4: Syd'Quad Thompson, CB/PR California
- Adds youth to the secondary
- Size and speed see him drop to the 4th
- Amazing ball instincts, physical, very solid tackler, and a quality punt returner
- Great value in the 4th
5: O'Brien Schofield, OLB Wisconsin (INJ.)
- Brooks and Lawson are in contract years and we don't know what we'll get out of them/if we will retain them after this year
- Great value pick in the 5th talent wise, although he will not be playing this year
6: Harry Coleman, SS LSU
- Mike Lewis type safety
- Big frame, very physical
- Can contribute on special teams and compete for a roster spot at SS
7: Michael Hoomanawanui, TE Illinois
- Big blocking TE
- Compete for 3rd TE spot behind Davis and Walker
- And he happens to have an awesome last name!
I know its a little different, but I could see the 49ers going with something like this if all 3 top OT's and Spiller are off the board at 13. This drafts fixes our Oline, return problems, and adds depth to our secondary and pass rush. We also get our future NT. Scotty loves big bodies and with the exception of Gilyard and Thompson, thats what we get with this draft.
I think its about time to solidify the trenches. Better Online play leads to better QB, RB, and WR play. I also think the additions of Williams and Thompson help add to an already solid defense. A draft like this could finally get us to the top of the NFC West .
What do you guys think?