LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

surround smith with talent

• oklasooners
  • Info N/A
everyone should know we need to surround smith with talent.How are we suppose to see him devolpe into a great QB without drafting more talent to be around him. Since peyton came into the leagure IND. has drafted an offenseive player in the firat round I believe 70% of the time. They contsanly surround him with talent to make him better. Give him Spiller OT in 1st. Shipley in 3rd. let him have play makers and see what happens. I guartantee if they give him spiller and a OT in the 1st he will throw 27+TD'S for the season. Esp. with Davis and Crabtree. Will ore time in the pocket and Gore getting the tough yards and a home run threat(Spiller)...thoughts?
yeah, we could be a bunch of sheep and do like every other NFL team does and get talented players, OR we could be trailblazers and try to win with a bunch of scrubs and animate dog poop and revolutionize the game and change the world!!!!!
You need to develop a new posting ideal. Both of your posts are pretty much the same....draft spiller (10 other treads over this) and draft weapons for Smith...
Originally posted by HessianDud:
yeah, we could be a bunch of sheep and do like every other NFL team does and get talented players, OR we could be trailblazers and try to win with a bunch of scrubs and animate dog poop and revolutionize the game and change the world!!!!!

where do i sign up?
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by HessianDud:

where do i sign up?

no need my friend, you just became the GM!
Jesus Christmas I had never thought of that until you posted this. Thank you.
It makes sense to me. I don't know why they haven't done it all these years. Smith never had a good O Line as long as he's been there.
my thoughts are protect the guy so he has more than 2 to 3 seconds in the pocket then he will do a good job
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It makes sense to me. I don't know why they haven't done it all these years. Smith never had a good O Line as long as he's been there.

Agree
Originally posted by oklasooners:
everyone should know we need to surround smith with talent.How are we suppose to see him devolpe into a great QB without drafting more talent to be around him. Since peyton came into the leagure IND. has drafted an offenseive player in the firat round I believe 70% of the time. They contsanly surround him with talent to make him better. Give him Spiller OT in 1st. Shipley in 3rd. let him have play makers and see what happens. I guartantee if they give him spiller and a OT in the 1st he will throw 27+TD'S for the season. Esp. with Davis and Crabtree. Will ore time in the pocket and Gore getting the tough yards and a home run threat(Spiller)...thoughts?

I agree with the "surround with talent" theory...but we also need a decent RT.

Man it doesn't matter who we bring in to help alex smith he still wont throw for 20+ touchdowns! He is a 16-to 18 touchdowns quaterback. We can not change his spots not matter what we try to do to make him what he obviously is not! A pro-bowl quaterback!
Originally posted by ninerforyears:

Man it doesn't matter who we bring in to help alex smith he still wont throw for 20+ touchdowns! He is a 16-to 18 touchdowns quaterback. We can not change his spots not matter what we try to do to make him what he obviously is not! A pro-bowl quaterback!

True.

He threw 18 touchdowns in 10.5 games. I am fairly confident he would throw at least 3 TDs in the span of 5 games. Just for fun, 18/10.5 = 1.71, 1.71 x 16 = 27.36
If he keeps up what he was doing last year, that's 27 TDs in 16 full games. If we upgrade the O-Line, he could only get better. Imagine if we drafted Bryant and Spiller (I don't like Spiller as a draft pick, but just saying)
Originally posted by PatrickWillis52:

He threw 18 touchdowns in 10.5 games. I am fairly confident he would throw at least 3 TDs in the span of 5 games. Just for fun, 18/10.5 = 1.71, 1.71 x 16 = 27.36
If he keeps up what he was doing last year, that's 27 TDs in 16 full games. If we upgrade the O-Line, he could only get better. Imagine if we drafted Bryant and Spiller (I don't like Spiller as a draft pick, but just saying)

You can bank on Smith staying a 49er for a while if he eclipses 20 TDs next season, much more so if he gets 25, or even 30+ which is not too farfetched, really
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 15, 2010 at 11:10 PM ]
Amen brother. If the niners get an OT and Spiller in round 1, it would only help Smith. Heck I even wanted Dez Bryant, but he is too much of a lazy arse, so I say avoid him.
Share 49ersWebzone