There are 50 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MAV-MOCK! Trying something different.....

Okay guys I'm trying to mess around with different ways to approach this draft. Here's my latest conception.

1a. C.J. Spiller RB, Clemson: No need to explain here; a webzone favorite.

1b. Bruce Campbell OT, Maryland: An athletic freak with tons of upside. Most will say this is a reach and want to chop my head off but his upside and day 1 impact makes this good value IMO. After youtubing it and reading the scouting reports I found a big misconception about his game. Campbell is not strictly a finesse player. In fact he appears to be a great run blocker and has a natural ability to reach the second level. He's a raw player and I believe if he stayed for his senior year he could be a top 3 pick. If big Al doesn't take him he could be ours at 17.

2. Brandon Gee CB, Wake Forest: Lots of value in the second round. Had an impressive Senior Bowl and Combine. Adds some much needed speed to our secondary. Works wells in man and zone schemes so could start immediately in nickel packages. Has lots of potential to be a starter post Clemens.

3. Mike Jonson G, Alabama: A day one starter and much needed upgrade to Baas. Tons of quality experience from a top program. Once again great value for the pick.

4. Akwasi Owusu-Ansah CB/FS, IOP: An intriguing prospect from a smaller school. It's hard to say if he'd be better suited for corner or safety. At IOP played corner but they're scheme was to put CB's 10-12yrd off the line.

5. Brandon Sharpe OLB, Texas Tech: ST and pass rushing depth. Can't have too may IMO. Has shown a knack for getting into the back field with 18 TFL and 15 sacks last year.

6. LeRoy Vann PR/ST, Flordia A&M: A blog was just posted about Sing calling Vann. He has 11 TD's in the last 2 years. With the addition of Spiller and Vann KR/PR becomes a strength.

7. Kade Weston NT, Georgia: Has the size and strength to play the position. Has a good chance of making the 53 because of need. A nice project and potential replacement for Franklyin.
Owusu and Vann seem a little unnecessary with CJ Spiller getting drafted. Considering you have Vann just as a PR/ST. Owusu is an interesting prospect and I wouldn't be against picking him up, but maybe instead getting a BPA along the OL at that pick. But I don't mind Spiller Campbell first round Ghee second round. That I could leave happy with
Nice draft I like it alot. I really like the idea of adding multiple players with return abilities in the draft.
The 1st 2 would be fine. Campbell is raw but if you want him you will have to pick him pretty high. His upside is probably worth that value of a pick. He's not there now but could be someday.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Owusu and Vann seem a little unnecessary with CJ Spiller getting drafted. Considering you have Vann just as a PR/ST. Owusu is an interesting prospect and I wouldn't be against picking him up, but maybe instead getting a BPA along the OL at that pick. But I don't mind Spiller Campbell first round Ghee second round. That I could leave happy with

My goal was to address our primary needs as well as add depth. Vann is strickly a special teamer but I'm taking Owusu with the thought of him also contributing on defense and developing into a starter.
Im down.. good all-around mock
Originally posted by eastbay49er:
Im down.. good all-around mock

Thanks!
This isn't really trying anything new. WOW, u picked CJ spiller at 13 and the best available tackle at 17, then got a CB in round 2 and a Guard in round three. That is real original. Don't get me wrong, its a nice mock, jut nothing new or interesting. Try a mock without Spiller, i haven't seen too many of those.