There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How about this draft

I think we won't be able to get Okung,Bulaga or Williams , because they will be gone. I think we should leave our fingers from Davis and Campbell.

round 1 - 1 : Joe Haden : If he really should slip, i think we have to pick him up. I don't buy that "the guy is too slow"-stuff. He just is too god on tape not to be a player.

round 1 - 2 : Mike Iuapti : Enough said about that guy. Maybe he can be a tackle, but he definitly can be an elite guard

round 2 : Jahvid Best : This is the change of pack back we need to open our game. He can be a returner, too, so this is 2 position that are way better with this guy

round 3: Jared Veldheer : Our new right tackle. He is athletic, can hold his ground against pass rushers and he can anchor.

round 4: Larry Assante : A hard hitting safety, who could take over for Michael Lewis after the next season.
[ Edited by stever on Mar 12, 2010 at 12:33 PM ]

I really don't like Joe Haden...and I don't think CB is that big of a need.
[ Edited by YourHuckleberry on Mar 12, 2010 at 12:35 PM ]
Not bad imo I just don't think Scott is gonna draft a guard in the 1st round. Thus I could see them going Haden/Graham in that situation.
I'm going to be pissed if we choose Haden.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

Why ? What is wrong with him ?
I like stever, i dont mind Haden and Iupati.

Wouldnt be mad at all.
I think thats a pretty damn good draft. We need some youth in our secondary, all we really have is Goldson and hopefully Tarrell Brown. (youth wise)
[ Edited by Gelder on Mar 12, 2010 at 12:43 PM ]
Originally posted by stever:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

Why ? What is wrong with him ?

I don't want a CB at all, and especially one that's suspected for being slow.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Mar 12, 2010 at 12:43 PM ]
Originally posted by Gelder:
I think thats a pretty damn good draft. We need some youth in our secondary, all we really have is Goldson and hopefully Tarrell Brown. (youth wise)

Exactly. Are we sure Bly is coming back? If not they are really thin at CB. You need 3/4 good CB these days. Plus we don't even really know what they have in Brown. I wouldn't mind Haden at all. Especially if they think that Nate is on his last leg. It never hurts to be sure
  • 49erFaiTHFuLL
  • Info N/A
No. Dont think much reasoning was put into this, just my opinion
Originally posted by 49erFaiTHFuLL:

What do you think would the more reasoning ? If you call me out like this you should have a plan
Think your second and third rounders are slotted too late.

Can everyone stop the Joe Haden hate until at least pro day. He is beast on the field. Stop making fun of Al Davis when you're following his same drafting motto.
Originally posted by noobie:
Think your second and third rounders are slotted too late.

Can everyone stop the Joe Haden hate until at least pro day. He is beast on the field. Stop making fun of Al Davis when you're following his same drafting motto.

I did a 3 round mock for the 1st 4 picks, so it ways a kind of realistic slotting. But maybe i have them too low overall. The stuff is based on my top 100 (Can be found in another thread).
[ Edited by stever on Mar 12, 2010 at 1:07 PM ]
  • 49erFaiTHFuLL
  • Info N/A

What do you think would the more reasoning ? If you call me out like this you should have a plan

So check it out they are not going to reach for a OG (we have "More" of a OT prob not OG), SS (MC Clue just said we already have SS replacements), and a slow CB that is a HUGE hit or miss, when there are other roads to take. You must use some of your picks to build for the future in order to continue to win
Ok!
1st.A OT T. Williams/B. Campbell, Reasoning: cant deny talent and we have a strong HC if we have to get Campbell
1st.B CJ Spiller hopefully/R.Mclain or best Pass Rush DE (D.Morgan/JPP/B. Graham), Reasoning: Spiller reguardless what ppl think is a 2/1 pick, future RB and Returner now!
2nd. DT C.THomas Reasoning let A. Franklin show him the finer point of the NT and prepare him for the future and it would be a nice rotation. between A.Franklin and C.Thomas
3rd. CB P. Robinson Reasoning: BIG & Fast the GM is sold for a 3rd (future starter)
4th. M. Rolle. Resoning: Great risk/reward if he does play you dont get to many scholar Safeties. And i really want rolle cause i think he is going to play with a chip on his shoulder for about 5 yrs before he retires
Then 5-7 HC, OC, DC a project a piece!!

You got to have a plan.. A reason to draft. Our management said they will build through the draft. This takes time not one year to fix. Spiller would be a short and long term fix. C.Thomas would have time to develop and be in no rush, so a long term fix, we would have another LB for Coach to inspire to play like him, again another player that will have no pressure, if we dont get a Pass rush with our 2nd first then we will with our 4th..

ANd in final this is just my opinion......They are going to draft who they see fit and i will still have something to complain about

So check it out they are not going to reach for a OG (we have "More" of a OT prob not OG), SS (MC Clue just said we already have SS replacements), and a slow CB that is a HUGE hit or miss, when there are other roads to take. You must use some of your picks to build for the future in order to continue to win
Ok!
1st.A OT T. Williams/B. Campbell, Reasoning: cant deny talent and we have a strong HC if we have to get Campbell
1st.B CJ Spiller hopefully/R.Mclain or best Pass Rush DE (D.Morgan/JPP/B. Graham), Reasoning: Spiller reguardless what ppl think is a 2/1 pick, future RB and Returner now!
2nd. DT C.THomas Reasoning let A. Franklin show him the finer point of the NT and prepare him for the future and it would be a nice rotation. between A.Franklin and C.Thomas
3rd. CB P. Robinson Reasoning: BIG & Fast the GM is sold for a 3rd (future starter)
4th. M. Rolle. Resoning: Great risk/reward if he does play you dont get to many scholar Safeties. And i really want rolle cause i think he is going to play with a chip on his shoulder for about 5 yrs before he retires
Then 5-7 HC, OC, DC a project a piece!!

You got to have a plan.. A reason to draft. Our management said they will build through the draft. This takes time not one year to fix. Spiller would be a short and long term fix. C.Thomas would have time to develop and be in no rush, so a long term fix, we would have another LB for Coach to inspire to play like him, again another player that will have no pressure, if we dont get a Pass rush with our 2nd first then we will with our 4th..

ANd in final this is just my opinion......They are going to draft who they see fit and i will still have something to complain about

Ok, this is a plan :)

As for Haden , as i said, i don't buy the slow-guy-stuff. He doesn't look slow on film at all. And OT-wise, i think Williams will be gone (if not, we have to pick him) and Campbell looks horrible on tape.
You say you don't see Scotty will reach for a guard and later you see him reaching for a NT ? I don't think so. Patrick Robinson won't be there in round 3. (Just my 2 cents)

Ah, And btw : You say we don't draft a safety and have Rolle in your own mock ?

So 2 guys 2 different oppinions