LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

Why did Sing go to Cincy?

Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Because if Pike drops to our 4th round pick, it could be a gamble, but he could be the 3rd qb.

Alex Smith or David Carr- Starter

Whatever one wins, is the starter, other cut

2nd Nate Davis

3rd Tony Pike

Remember Denise York is cheap, if they can get away with paying the starter 3 million, and the two back ups 1 million she will jump on it.

Smith and Carr basically have the same contract . . . Smith's averages about $200K more per season. Except Smith's contract expires after 2010 and Carr's after 2011.

You are correct, so if they cut one before the season, the Yorks will save 2 million, the 3 million salary minus the 1 million salary the other qb roster spot will take.

I am not condoning this, I just think that Denise York is cheap, the lack of FA signings, and not extending Willis seem to confirm my thinking.

No it doesn't. Your preconceptions confirm your opinion. The team have worked on extending various players. You can't make a guy sign an extention. And just because they haven't signed an overpaid has-been doesn't make them cheap.

But if you want to believe something, no evidence that you are utterly wrong will be heard
Because if Pike drops to our 4th round pick, it could be a gamble, but he could be the 3rd qb.

Alex Smith or David Carr- Starter

Whatever one wins, is the starter, other cut

2nd Nate Davis

3rd Tony Pike

Remember Denise York is cheap, if they can get away with paying the starter 3 million, and the two back ups 1 million she will jump on it.

I wanted this to happen before the Carr signing. Now I think the Carr signing has screwed this plan up. I wanted Nate as this year's back up with a rookie behind him. I can actually stomach Alex starting under this scenario.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
gilyard !

Im not sold on him yet. I havent really seen him play. Does he have youtube highlights?
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
gilyard !

Im not sold on him yet. I havent really seen him play. Does he have youtube highlights?

Share 49ersWebzone