LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 439 users in the forums

Kiper and McShay 3.0?

Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Don't like either mock for the 49ers.

Whaaaaaaaat? JPP and an OT???? OT is a must, and Williams is my 2nd favorite (Okung obviously first), and JPP is the most talented player in this draft and can put this defense into an elite category...legitimately elite.

For a one year wonder you give the kid too much credit. I'm not saying he's bad but I think there are better DE's that early. Also he is more of a 4-3 guy I don't think he fits into the system...just like Morgan out of GT. The only 3-4 OLB that I would want is Graham, if not him wait till later.
To me its pretty simple. If one of the top tier OT is there (Bulaga, Williams, Davis) pull the trigger at 13. If Spiller is there at 17, easy choice.

If those options aren't available, look at deals to trade down.
I would be very happy if we get JPP.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LilAzn9er:
Sorry about the mess. I was trying to put the mock drafts side by side. Kiper is the first column and then McShay's.
Kiper / McShay
13. Niners Joe Haden, Trent Williams

17. Niners Mike Iupati, Jason Pierre Paul

nice work mine would've have looked way worse
Trent Williams + JPP would be awesome... Kipers wouldnt be bad at all but Id rather have an OT like Davis/Williams/Baluga than both of those players

But Ive seen mocks with JPP going into the top 10. Some mocks have the Raiders taking him since then really need a DE
[ Edited by ImaMod on Mar 10, 2010 at 8:22 PM ]
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LilAzn9er:
do we pass up McClain?

Do we need McClain? No. Do we need an OT? Yes. Do we need a pass rush? Yes. Do we need a DB more than McClain? Yes
sam bradford now going #1??

what happened all of a sudden to drop Suh to #2??
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

Whaaaaaaaat? JPP and an OT???? OT is a must, and Williams is my 2nd favorite (Okung obviously first), and JPP is the most talented player in this draft and can put this defense into an elite category...legitimately elite.

For a one year wonder you give the kid too much credit. I'm not saying he's bad but I think there are better DE's that early. Also he is more of a 4-3 guy I don't think he fits into the system...just like Morgan out of GT. The only 3-4 OLB that I would want is Graham, if not him wait till later.

and hughes
Bulaga and Davis at #14 or #23. What is it that they see that all the others dont???
I'm a little surprised by the way they have the 1st round playing out as well.
But I love how both had the Raiders taking the workout warrior of the combine, Bruce Campbell. Classic!
no way spiller lasts until after #14 SEA hopefully we can take him at #13 and take care of a speedy back/KR/PR and take an OT at #17.

But i have a bad feeling we will take the Ol at 13 and CJ spiller will get away from us. Then we will take a Safety at 17 and the kr/pr wr gilyard in the 2nd. I would rather have Spiller or even a kr/pr in the 3rd and take the best cb in the 2nd

as far as spiller goes, its not that i want to take him at 13, but seattle will take him at 14, i dont want to face him twice a year
Originally posted by Butter:
To me its pretty simple. If one of the top tier OT is there (Bulaga, Williams, Davis) pull the trigger at 13. If Spiller is there at 17, easy choice.

If those options aren't available, look at deals to trade down.

Well put sir

why should the niners draft a 4-3 one-year wonder DE??? yes, we need a pass rusher but i want a guy who isnt such a big project like JPP.
and i think that you can get a pass rusher in the 2nd, too.

why should the lions get Suh if they got corey williams alredy???
and why the hell is bradford over clausen?
Between those two, I'd favor Kiper's...but that doesn't get Singletary the OT he wants...unless he's willing to wait 'til the 2nd rd or believes Iupati can learn OT soon. The top CB and one of the top OL would have to please Coach.

Me either. No to JPP. I don't care if he can do back flips.
Share 49ersWebzone