There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Now What?

Okay it looks liek by days end Leon Washington will be a Niner, but for what? A second round pick. Now that we've got our KR/PR & backup RB it's obvious we're not drafting a RB in the first 3-4 rounds.

So what do you guys think we do now with our first 2 picks? If thsi does pan out I believe now strongly that we will go with 2 Offensive Lineman. Unless Taylor Mays can show some better technique i don't see us passing on iuputi & one of the OT's. He won't make it to the 3rd.

Crazyiness!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,638
A Niner by days end? A little premature, but I like your enthusiasm. I'd love an OT and Iupati as our first two picks. Hope it happens.
Originally posted by mayo63:
A Niner by days end? A little premature, but I like your enthusiasm. I'd love an OT and Iupati as our first two picks. Hope it happens.

This, if we do get Leon.
1 linemen and a safety, i dont know why but i just feel like we are gonna draft Mays with the 17th pick
Trent Williams and either Thomas, Mays, Haden or Wilson
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Mar 9, 2010 at 9:03 AM ]
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by mayo63:
A Niner by days end? A little premature, but I like your enthusiasm. I'd love an OT and Iupati as our first two picks. Hope it happens.

This, if we do get Leon.

I wouldn't be opposed to that if we were able to get Leon. We still have plenty of options though. OT/Thomas, OT/Kyle Wilson(i know, I'm a homer), OT/Graham and plenty of other scenarios.

I think trading back from #17 would make sense as well if we're able to get a OT at #13. A scenario I thought of would be the 17th pick for both of Tampa Bays 2nd rounders. It fits the value chart and would essentially gain whatever draft pick we lost and still have a playmaker like Leon Washington.

Trading Leon for a 3rd

13. Trent Williams OT
2a. Jerry Hughes OLB
2b. Vladimir Ducasse OT/OG
2c. Nate Allen S
4. Cam Thomas DT

Trade Leon for a 2nd

13. Trent Williams OT
2a. Jerry Hughesf OLB
2b. Vladimir Ducasse OT/OG
3. Reshad Jones S
4. Cam Thomas DT
I doubt Leon's going to be a niner. After all, the guy has a broken leg and you can't be effective until year two of a broken leg (see Bryant Young).

And for a 2nd rounder? That's not a fair trade at all. I'm hoping the Niners are just window shopping at this point because they will not get good value with that potential trade...
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
I doubt Leon's going to be a niner. After all, the guy has a broken leg and you can't be effective until year two of a broken leg (see Bryant Young).

And for a 2nd rounder? That's not a fair trade at all. I'm hoping the Niners are just window shopping at this point because they will not get good value with that potential trade...

If we're giving up a 2nd rounder, they better be 100% sure that he'll be back to form. More than likely, they're just window shopping and might throw a lower offer out there to see if there's a bite... I hope.
Leon broke the fibula, which is a non-weight bearing bone in the lower leg. Bryant Young broke his tibia, the wight bearing bone and a much more serious injury.
Originally posted by pinehill:
Leon broke the fibula, which is a non-weight bearing bone in the lower leg. Bryant Young broke his tibia, the wight bearing bone and a much more serious injury.

good info, Dr!
  • Karma
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 763
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
I doubt Leon's going to be a niner. After all, the guy has a broken leg and you can't be effective until year two of a broken leg (see Bryant Young).

And for a 2nd rounder? That's not a fair trade at all. I'm hoping the Niners are just window shopping at this point because they will not get good value with that potential trade...

If we're giving up a 2nd rounder, they better be 100% sure that he'll be back to form. More than likely, they're just window shopping and might throw a lower offer out there to see if there's a bite... I hope.

Given the severity of the injury, I would guess that the niners are trying to work out a trade for a lower pick. If they could trade a fifth rounder this year and a conditional pick next year, that would be fantastic.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
I doubt Leon's going to be a niner. After all, the guy has a broken leg and you can't be effective until year two of a broken leg (see Bryant Young).

And for a 2nd rounder? That's not a fair trade at all. I'm hoping the Niners are just window shopping at this point because they will not get good value with that potential trade...

i don't doubt it. it's picking up steam. yes he does have a broken leg but it's not a wieght bearing bone! ahh and maybe this gives us some bartering room?
Too much to hope for Haden/Williams? And if we're able to push it back to a 3rd, get a safety or Ducasse? That would be all kinds of awesome.
If the Cards got a 3rd and change for Boldin, no way the Niners should give up a 2nd for Washington.
Originally posted by Butter:
If the Cards got a 3rd and change for Boldin, no way the Niners should give up a 2nd for Washington.

Exactly they can't be that stupid