Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
I like it!!!!
Sounds good!
There are 720 users in the forums
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
I like it!!!!
Originally posted by davidb:Originally posted by ajax1188:
1st Round: Trade Down into 20's- Brandon Graham, OLB Michigan
- Our OT need is already taken care of
- Allows us to trade down and pick up and extra second rounder while getting some much needed pass rush
Thoughts?
Some thoughts:
1. Who do you think would trade their 20's something pick AND a 2nd round pick for the 17th pick?
2. What would you do if no-one wants to trade up to get that pick?
Originally posted by montana2rice:Originally posted by davidb:Originally posted by ajax1188:
1st Round: Trade Down into 20's- Brandon Graham, OLB Michigan
- Our OT need is already taken care of
- Allows us to trade down and pick up and extra second rounder while getting some much needed pass rush
Thoughts?
Some thoughts:
1. Who do you think would trade their 20's something pick AND a 2nd round pick for the 17th pick?
2. What would you do if no-one wants to trade up to get that pick?
He meant our #13 is the one we trade down from to get a 1st rounder in the 20's and an add'l 2nd rounder. The #17th goes to Baltimore for Gaither
Originally posted by genus49:
That's not too bad.
Only thing that scares me about Gaither is that Baltimore isn't known for throwing away great players.
I know they have Oher but I'm a bit nervous with Gaither's injuries as of late.
Would be awesome if they could do 2nd and 3rd next year instead.
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
I love the picks!.... with that said I could just about guarantee that not a single one of those players (in the first 4 rounds), will fall to those picks...
Quote:
I like that we get an OT. If we traded down into the 20's then I'd probably get our returner there..maybe get Arrelious Benn or get the best TE in this class Jermaine Gresham and let him compete for Walkers spot. Graham is a first rounder for sure but we're doing ok on our d-line and Balmer is still getting better. Why use a first rounder to compete there?
Originally posted by ajax1188:Originally posted by genus49:
That's not too bad.
Only thing that scares me about Gaither is that Baltimore isn't known for throwing away great players.
I know they have Oher but I'm a bit nervous with Gaither's injuries as of late.
Would be awesome if they could do 2nd and 3rd next year instead.
Yeah that would be nice. I feel like Baltimore isn't throwing him away for injury/skill reasons, but rather money. They have Oher now who is already on a 1st Round deal and will command LT money in the future. Therefore they probably don't want to pay Gaither right now, and would rather trade him away and get a cheaper option at RT.
Who really knows though. Thats just my take on it
Originally posted by genus49:Originally posted by ajax1188:Originally posted by genus49:
That's not too bad.
Only thing that scares me about Gaither is that Baltimore isn't known for throwing away great players.
I know they have Oher but I'm a bit nervous with Gaither's injuries as of late.
Would be awesome if they could do 2nd and 3rd next year instead.
Yeah that would be nice. I feel like Baltimore isn't throwing him away for injury/skill reasons, but rather money. They have Oher now who is already on a 1st Round deal and will command LT money in the future. Therefore they probably don't want to pay Gaither right now, and would rather trade him away and get a cheaper option at RT.
Who really knows though. Thats just my take on it
Perhaps...just doesn't seem like them to let a franchise LT go. If he was good enough to keep Oher at RT...then why move him? I guess the logic could be Oher is more reliable health wise and they could find a cheaper RT and get another starter with the traded picks but still kind of makes me uneasy.
You know what they say...if something seems too good to be true and all of that.
Originally posted by abowers1984:
My 4-round mock would be as follows and would entail trading the #17 overall pick for a late 1st and 2nd rounder...
1a) Trent Williams (RT)
1b) Jerry Hughes (OLB)
2a) Perrish Cox (CB)
2b) John Jerry (LG)
3) Jacoby Ford (WR/KR)
4) Rashad Jones (SS)
I realize its a bit far-fetched, but not completely outside the realm of possibility... So whatta ya think???