LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Bigger faster safety than Goldson - Rashard Jones

• WillisGoldson
  • Info N/A
Not to nitpick, because I personally like Jones but he has returned 2 punts in his career so that is not really a bonus, plus the title of this post makes no sense. He's a good player but in a draft with Taylor Mays I would say you want bigger and faster and then say we should draft Reshad Jones.
Originally posted by WillisGoldson:
Not to nitpick, because I personally like Jones but he has returned 2 punts in his career so that is not really a bonus, plus the title of this post makes no sense. He's a good player but in a draft with Taylor Mays I would say you want bigger and faster and then say we should draft Reshad Jones.

Welcome to the zone.
  • WillisGoldson
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by jta854:

Welcome to the zone.

I've had over 300 posts on my previous Log-in, but it won't work anymore. I'm not a newcomer

Welcome to the zone.

I've had over 300 posts on my previous Log-in, but it won't work anymore. I'm not a newcomer

Then welcome back.
I definitely wouldn't include punt returning to his repertoire (not at an NFL level), but as a potentially second round strong safety, he's a less athletic, yet more talented (from a skillset perspective) than Taylor Mays... Sign Me Up!
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Mar 8, 2010 at 2:12 PM ]

Welcome to the zone.

Then welcome back.

300+ youre a G....
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Unless we somehow land Eric Berry...I rather leave Goldson at FS too. I think he is fast enough for FS and his instincts in the passing game will be neutralized if moved to SS.

Really like Rashard Jones and Rolle at SS in the draft as 3rd rounders.
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
I definitely wouldn't include punt returning to his repertoire (not at an NFL level), but as a potentially second round strong safety, he's a less athletic, yet more talented (from a skillset perspective) than Taylor Mays... Sign Me Up!

i'd say in many ways he's MORE athletic than taylor mays in that he seems much more fluid in the hips. mays is far too stiff in the hips for my liking from a DB
GOD , this guy can hit. Some of those hits reminded me of Willis' college highlights. Where he picks up some dude, and slams him to the ground. With MAYS incredible 40 time, Jones is the 4th rated S on most boards now, and has a chance of falling to the third.....That would be sweet....he's a baller! got the size, speed, soft hands, and burst. I'll be excited if we land him...but i'll hate him and his family, his friends, and his dog if he lines up against us!
  • WillisGoldson
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by JizzmasterZero:
GOD , this guy can hit. Some of those hits reminded me of Willis' college highlights. Where he picks up some dude, and slams him to the ground. With MAYS incredible 40 time, Jones is the 4th rated S on most boards now, and has a chance of falling to the third.....That would be sweet....he's a baller! got the size, speed, soft hands, and burst. I'll be excited if we land him...but i'll hate him and his family, his friends, and his dog if he lines up against us!

Who has him as the 4th saftey? Scott Wright has him 8th, Scott Cooney has him 6th, Walter Football has him 7th. Lets not get too ahead of ourselves.

Originally posted by jreff22:
Share 49ersWebzone