There are 50 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

March Mock

Originally posted by smileyman:
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
Okay so far we've not done anything via Free Agency. So I'll just assume we get nothing for now.

1. A. CJ Spiller -RB Clemson- I've been back and forth on this pick but I know he's a playmaker and we need a good spell for Gore. Plus if we pass on him Seattle will snatch him up.

Good pick. Solves our PR/KR needs, gets us a change of pace back, and adds a powerful offensive threat.

Quote:

1.B. Kyle Wilson - CB Boise State - This guys got the speed Haden seems to not have and could be the best CB in the draft.

I love Kyle Wilson and think he's going to be a great CB but this is too high to draft him and we don't need a CB anyway, we need a safety.

Quote:

2. Vlad Ducasse - OT- Umass- We need a RT why waste a first round pick on one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-qdDdaz3Rw

I like Ducasse. This isn't a bad pick but we can still find a RT in rounds 3 or later.

Quote:

3. John Asamoah -G- Illinois- With this tandem we should be set along the Oline for next season.

Asamoah may be the best guard in the draft after Iupati and there's no way he lasts until our 3rd round pick. He'll be gone late 2nd, early 3rd.

Quote:

4. Mardy Gilyard - WR - Cin- Some people have this guy going higher, myself I think come draft time, alot of teams will be looking at a mediocre 40, came out of Brian Kelly's system. I believe by draft time this guy falls a little . Good for us because he cures our kr/pr problems and could be a great downfield option.

No way Gilyard lasts until the 4th round.
Quote:

5. Jevan Snead - QB Miss - I've seen this guy look horrible, but the fact is, he does have the arm to make the throws, we're not certain any of our QB's on our roster are going to be hear for the long term. So here its safe to take a flyer on a good arm and hope Mike Johnson can create him into a good QB.

You don't draft a horrible college QB and hope he becomes a good one. You draft a good one and hope you can make him decent enough to play in the pros. Really hate this pick. I'm not opposed to taking a QB in the later rounds but if we do it should be someone who's had consistent success.

Quote:

6. Myron Rolle - SS_ FSU - Could turn out to be the steal of the draft, obviously he's smart enough for the game. He doesnt fail at anything, his time off will drop him down in the draft.

No way he lasts until the 6th round. Someone will pick him up in the 4th or 5th.

Quote:

7. Jim Dray - TE - Stanford - We ran last season with only 2 tight ends I would think we'll land another in the draft.

We've signed a TE to a futures contract already. Not opposed to this draft pick for a TE though there will be a few UFAs we can pick up for training camp.

Okay so other then LB which we have a ton of them I think I addressed all our areas. Gave us 2 playmakers on offense, 2 good olinemen that could be starters very soon. 1 great CB, 1 high promise safety and a blocking tight end. Along with Snead who could be a golden choice or a dud it seems to be a decent try at my March mock draft.

Originally I was gonna take Haden, but I was turned off by his lack of high end speed and the fact that Florida produces way more busts then stars . I decided to take Spiller then Wilson. Sound off guys Im sure some hate it. [/b]

"we can still find an OT in round 3 or later." sure. Actually we can leave it and pick up an undrafted FA. Because it is a position of strength for us isn't it?

Um no. So let's not leave our biggest need until the second half of the draft. Sure, we can get an OT. But will he be good enough to play in the NFL? And will he be good enough to start this year, because that is what we need.

How bad does our O line have to get before the zone wants to spend some decent picks on it? No O line, No O.
Originally posted by English:
Okay so far we've not done anything via Free Agency. So I'll just assume we get nothing for now.

1. A. CJ Spiller -RB Clemson- I've been back and forth on this pick but I know he's a playmaker and we need a good spell for Gore. Plus if we pass on him Seattle will snatch him up.

Good pick. Solves our PR/KR needs, gets us a change of pace back, and adds a powerful offensive threat.

Quote:

1.B. Kyle Wilson - CB Boise State - This guys got the speed Haden seems to not have and could be the best CB in the draft.

I love Kyle Wilson and think he's going to be a great CB but this is too high to draft him and we don't need a CB anyway, we need a safety.

Quote:

2. Vlad Ducasse - OT- Umass- We need a RT why waste a first round pick on one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-qdDdaz3Rw

I like Ducasse. This isn't a bad pick but we can still find a RT in rounds 3 or later.

Quote:

3. John Asamoah -G- Illinois- With this tandem we should be set along the Oline for next season.

Asamoah may be the best guard in the draft after Iupati and there's no way he lasts until our 3rd round pick. He'll be gone late 2nd, early 3rd.

Quote:

4. Mardy Gilyard - WR - Cin- Some people have this guy going higher, myself I think come draft time, alot of teams will be looking at a mediocre 40, came out of Brian Kelly's system. I believe by draft time this guy falls a little . Good for us because he cures our kr/pr problems and could be a great downfield option.

Quote:

5. Jevan Snead - QB Miss - I've seen this guy look horrible, but the fact is, he does have the arm to make the throws, we're not certain any of our QB's on our roster are going to be hear for the long term. So here its safe to take a flyer on a good arm and hope Mike Johnson can create him into a good QB.

You don't draft a horrible college QB and hope he becomes a good one. You draft a good one and hope you can make him decent enough to play in the pros. Really hate this pick. I'm not opposed to taking a QB in the later rounds but if we do it should be someone who's had consistent success.

Quote:

6. Myron Rolle - SS_ FSU - Could turn out to be the steal of the draft, obviously he's smart enough for the game. He doesnt fail at anything, his time off will drop him down in the draft.

No way he lasts until the 6th round. Someone will pick him up in the 4th or 5th.

Quote:

7. Jim Dray - TE - Stanford - We ran last season with only 2 tight ends I would think we'll land another in the draft.

We've signed a TE to a futures contract already. Not opposed to this draft pick for a TE though there will be a few UFAs we can pick up for training camp.

Okay so other then LB which we have a ton of them I think I addressed all our areas. Gave us 2 playmakers on offense, 2 good olinemen that could be starters very soon. 1 great CB, 1 high promise safety and a blocking tight end. Along with Snead who could be a golden choice or a dud it seems to be a decent try at my March mock draft.

Originally I was gonna take Haden, but I was turned off by his lack of high end speed and the fact that Florida produces way more busts then stars . I decided to take Spiller then Wilson. Sound off guys Im sure some hate it. [/b]

"we can still find an OT in round 3 or later." sure. Actually we can leave it and pick up an undrafted FA. Because it is a position of strength for us isn't it?

Um no. So let's not leave our biggest need until the second half of the draft. Sure, we can get an OT. But will he be good enough to play in the NFL? And will he be good enough to start this year, because that is what we need.

How bad does our O line have to get before the zone wants to spend some decent picks on it? No O line, No O.
seriously i dont get it whats so hard to understand? If you guys wanaa complain about having smith insted of brady manning and brees what do all threee have? The answer is a top 5 OL

bottom line dont compare our QB to others if we have a bottom 5 OL and they have a top 5 OL period
if we can get rolle in the 6th, i will be happy as hell
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by English:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

seriously i dont get it whats so hard to understand? If you guys wanaa complain about having smith insted of brady manning and brees what do all threee have? The answer is a top 5 OL

bottom line dont compare our QB to others if we have a bottom 5 OL and they have a top 5 OL period

well from maddogs rankings, Spiller looks like he may go before us now, it may be a reach for Wilson but i dont think it is, If Haden was there I'd take him. BUT when you say we dont need a CB and need a safety then say its okay to wait till the third round to get our starting tackle , i think you may be crazy. 1. we're losing Bly,Harris,Hudson, and Clements is coming off injury. We're not losing any safeties whatsoever. So I believe if we pick a safety we're saying Reggie Smith is a bust I dont believe that myself.

As for Jon Asamoah at the third round pick, MD has him listed as 72 and our pick is 79 so its very possible he could be there or we could jump 6 slots to get him. As for Gilyard he's listed at 104 and our picks around 111 or so that round so its also possible he'd be there. I may have stretched on Rolle but not playing for a season, not destroying the combine could make him fall. If you watch the draft alot of mid round safties fall at times. It wouldnt suprise me if he's there in the 5th or 6th round area.

As for Snead he's a pick that as soon as a wrote it I wasnt sold myself.

7. Jim Dray - TE - Stanford - We ran last season with only 2 tight ends I would think we'll land another in the draft .

Originally I was gonna take Haden, but I was turned off by his lack of high end speed and the fact that Florida produces way more busts then stars . I decided to take Spiller then Wilson. Sound off guys Im sure some hate it.

Great mock but we need a pass rusher who can wreck havoc on the nfc west!