There are 506 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Post Combine Complete First Round Mock

Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Not a fan.

Where's Rolando McClain? He's a sure fire first rounder.

His film show's he's not a first rounder. Lots of scouts have been saying he could drop to the 2nd round. This draft is WAY too deep for this guy to be drafted in the top 32.

His film? Have you watched the guy play before cus I have. The guy has size at over 250 lbs and runs sideline to sideline and his versatility to play in any defense and any linebacker position is invaluable. He ranks in the top 15 in most draft analysists' rankings and is considered the best ILB prospect in this year's draft.

You have players like Carlos Dunlap in the top 10 when his stock has fallen all season. Kyle Wilson at 16 when at best is regarded a late 1st, early 2nd round prospect, and McCourtey at 20 is a major reach considering he didn't start opening eyes until the senior bowl and combine. McCourtey is a 2nd round prospect at best.

McClain sits and waits for his amazing dline to funnel players to him. He does not attack. Lacks explosion. Very few teams in this draft need an ILB, so he drops out the first.

Dunlap has fallen, yes but the jags take a hometown product. They did similar a few yrs ago with harvey. Dunlap has top ten talent, regardless of the DUI.

Kyle wilson would very well go top 10 in any other draft. Maybe the most complete PLAYER in this entire draft.

McCourty is a 1st rounder, book it. Just because he opened YOUR eyes @ the senior bowl, doesn't mean other peoples eyes weren't opened all year.
give me a break, no McClain and Spiller fals that far, not happening, and Mays is OVERRATED, i like Haden, but no to him 2.

Sorry FAIL.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
ew

How insightful

We need a RT

No Sh%t. That's what the 2nd round is for.

Is trent williams that much better than Ducasse? Or Jason Fox? or Charles Brown?

NOPE.

Actually yes, that's why he's considered a first rounder.

THAT MUCH BETTER.. In some circles Ducasse and Brown are considered 1st rounders too.

And which circles are you exactly referring to when Ducasse and Brown are better then Williams.....?

Mayock said that during the senior bowl. He said there's not much of a difference considering all those guys can play either tackle position and williams is limited to the right side
oh and where u getting your info on McClain and Scouts not liking him?
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Daniel Jeremiah...check him out....
ew

How insightful

We need a RT

Is trent williams that much better than Ducasse? Or Jason Fox? or Charles Brown?

NOPE.

THAT MUCH BETTER.. In some circles Ducasse and Brown are considered 1st rounders too.

And which circles are you exactly referring to when Ducasse and Brown are better then Williams.....?

Mayock said that during the senior bowl. He said there's not much of a difference considering all those guys can play either tackle position and williams is limited to the right side

That's all we need him for is to play RT, and he's probably the best guy out of the first round talent at RT.

So because Mayock said that, that means all 3 of them grade out the same...?

Sorry, but swing and a miss!!
ew

How insightful

We need a RT

NOPE.

That's all we need him for is to play RT, and he's probably the best guy out of the first round talent at RT.

Im just saying you dont draft a guy @13/17 who isn't much better than a guy you can get in the 2nd...

Mayock
Kiper
McShay

all say he's a 1st round talent and a top 15 talent
ew

How insightful

We need a RT

NOPE.

Im just saying you dont draft a guy @13/17 who isn't much better than a guy you can get in the 2nd...

He is that much better...some have him as the 2nd to 3rd best OT prospect...at 17 when you need one you take one...or end up with Snyder starting again.

And Mays is hot garbage

Mayock
Kiper
McShay

Idiots
ew

How insightful

We need a RT

NOPE.

He is that much better...some have him as the 2nd to 3rd best OT prospect...at 17 when you need one you take one...or end up with Snyder starting again.

And Mays is hot garbage

Look, i love Williams and would hate to see us pass on ANY OT in the 1st, but based on the facts we know (scot will draft BPA) i just dont see it happening.
Not a fan.

Where's Rolando McClain? He's a sure fire first rounder.

His film show's he's not a first rounder. Lots of scouts have been saying he could drop to the 2nd round. This draft is WAY too deep for this guy to be drafted in the top 32.

His film? Have you watched the guy play before cus I have. The guy has size at over 250 lbs and runs sideline to sideline and his versatility to play in any defense and any linebacker position is invaluable. He ranks in the top 15 in most draft analysists' rankings and is considered the best ILB prospect in this year's draft.

You have players like Carlos Dunlap in the top 10 when his stock has fallen all season. Kyle Wilson at 16 when at best is regarded a late 1st, early 2nd round prospect, and McCourtey at 20 is a major reach considering he didn't start opening eyes until the senior bowl and combine. McCourtey is a 2nd round prospect at best.

McClain sits and waits for his amazing dline to funnel players to him. He does not attack. Lacks explosion. Very few teams in this draft need an ILB, so he drops out the first.

Dunlap has fallen, yes but the jags take a hometown product. They did similar a few yrs ago with harvey. Dunlap has top ten talent, regardless of the DUI.

Kyle wilson would very well go top 10 in any other draft. Maybe the most complete PLAYER in this entire draft.

McCourty is a 1st rounder, book it. Just because he opened YOUR eyes @ the senior bowl, doesn't mean other peoples eyes weren't opened all year.

As an inside backer, aren't you supposed to sit and wait for your d-line to plug the holes? Do you remember the defense that Alabama run? They run a 4-3 and as an MLB, it's not his job to attack but it's his job to react and he happens to have a quick first step with a lot of explosion. You say few teams need an ILB but I disagree. The Dolphins need an ILB and so do the Broncos and Giants who just lost Antonio Pierce.

The Jags are in a critical year especially for Del Rio. They're not going to draft a player just because he happens to be from Florida. They took Harvey because of need and he happened to be a top 10 talent. Dunlap is lazy, doesn't have a quick first step, and scouts have questioned his passion for the game. When Derrick Morgan or Brandon Graham are still on the board, the Jags take either one of them over Dunlap.

I like Kyle Wilson a lot and I agree that he should be selected in the 1st round. However, I think the Titans need way more help on their d-line than their secondary.

Trust me, I've known McCourty since last season and I think he's a great talent. I don't think he's a 1st round talent especially because he's been inconsistent in his first three years at Rutgers. He had a decent year last year and performed well at the senior bowl and combine. So don't say that he opened MY EYES, cus trust me, I've been watching. But sorry, McCourty as the 20th overall pick is a huge reach.

Mayock
Kiper
McShay

Idiots

Im not a fan of Kiper or McShay, but they watch way more college film than any of us. But I agree with them in McClain being top 15 talent.

Mayock
Kiper
McShay

Idiots

How insightful. [/SWAGG-ER]
Leave swagg-ERRRR??? alone. The poor guy is just confused. He's an expert & we're not. The draft writers that he reads are experts and the writers we read are not. Just a poor misunderstood kid.