There are 175 users in the forums

Post Combine Complete First Round Mock

Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
That is god awful.

We have the worst OL in the league! We have to draft somebody in the 1st round to help us there.

Not to mention that Haden and Mays are both overrated.

False. We have the worst RT in the league. We can fix that issue in the 2nd round...as i stated.

Haden and Mays are overrated? Says who? You? Who are you? You're just some guy. All i've heard is scouts, gm's, and coaches love Haden and Mays. Physical toughness...with an F. Thats what those players are. Get some.

We have a good LT, bad LG, average C, bad RG, horrible RT. We have to get top tier talent to fill those spots.

And our DBs aren't even that bad, we don't need to spend BOTH first rounders on our secondary.

I agree we NEED an OT. But with Bulaga and Okung off the board, Haden and Mays amongst other players rate higher than williams or davis. Again, this is a BPA draft. Not a need draft.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Not a fan.

Where's Rolando McClain? He's a sure fire first rounder.

His film show's he's not a first rounder. Lots of scouts have been saying he could drop to the 2nd round. This draft is WAY too deep for this guy to be drafted in the top 32.

I'm just curious, do you hang out around water coolers with these scouts, or are you going by the same reports as all of us and simply projecting your opinions on what you want to believe is the conventional wisdom? Because you seem to be heavily relying on what "the scouts" all thing, as if they have a consensus opinion. I could just as easily say that "the scouts" say that Taylor Mays is going #1, but it doesn't add any validity to my statement.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
ew

How insightful

We need a RT

No Sh%t. That's what the 2nd round is for.

Is trent williams that much better than Ducasse? Or Jason Fox? or Charles Brown?

NOPE.

Actually yes, that's why he's considered a first rounder.
why post a mock if you want no criticism/input?

If you gave insightful criticism/input then that would be understandable. Stating the obvious that we need an OT is just that, stating the obvious.
That is god awful.

We have the worst OL in the league! We have to draft somebody in the 1st round to help us there.

False. We have the worst RT in the league. We can fix that issue in the 2nd round...as i stated.

Haden and Mays are overrated? Says who? You? Who are you? You're just some guy. All i've heard is scouts, gm's, and coaches love Haden and Mays. Physical toughness...with an F. Thats what those players are. Get some.

We have a good LT, bad LG, average C, bad RG, horrible RT. We have to get top tier talent to fill those spots.

And our DBs aren't even that bad, we don't need to spend BOTH first rounders on our secondary.

I agree we NEED an OT. But with Bulaga and Okung off the board, Haden and Mays amongst other players rate higher than williams or davis. Again, this is a BPA draft. Not a need draft.

Well that's where you're wrong, Haden and Mays aren't better than Williams or Davis.
Originally posted by jreff22:
ew

How insightful

We need a RT

Is trent williams that much better than Ducasse? Or Jason Fox? or Charles Brown?

NOPE.

THAT MUCH BETTER.. In some circles Ducasse and Brown are considered 1st rounders too.
Originally posted by sspiker:
Not a fan.

His film show's he's not a first rounder. Lots of scouts have been saying he could drop to the 2nd round. This draft is WAY too deep for this guy to be drafted in the top 32.

I'm just curious, do you hang out around water coolers with these scouts, or are you going by the same reports as all of us and simply projecting your opinions on what you want to believe is the conventional wisdom? Because you seem to be heavily relying on what "the scouts" all thing, as if they have a consensus opinion. I could just as easily say that "the scouts" say that Taylor Mays is going #1, but it doesn't add any validity to my statement.

Daniel Jeremiah...check him out...
ew

How insightful

We need a RT

NOPE.

THAT MUCH BETTER.. In some circles Ducasse and Brown are considered 1st rounders too.

you keep saying s**t like that, what circles or what scouts are saying this. you posted your mock and now your crying because people are criticizing it. Not everybody is gonna agree with your way of thinking.
Not a fan.

His film? Have you watched the guy play before cus I have. The guy has size at over 250 lbs and runs sideline to sideline and his versatility to play in any defense and any linebacker position is invaluable. He ranks in the top 15 in most draft analysists' rankings and is considered the best ILB prospect in this year's draft.

You have players like Carlos Dunlap in the top 10 when his stock has fallen all season. Kyle Wilson at 16 when at best is regarded a late 1st, early 2nd round prospect, and McCourtey at 20 is a major reach considering he didn't start opening eyes until the senior bowl and combine. McCourtey is a 2nd round prospect at best.

That is god awful.

Well that's where you're wrong, Haden and Mays aren't better than Williams or Davis.

Says you... A guy who only plays RT is better than the consensus number 1 corner? You are SILLY. Davis is slow, sloppy, and unmotivated. Is he better than Oher? Where was Oher drafted? And that was a much WEAKER draft class!
dislike
ew

How insightful

We need a RT

NOPE.

And which circles are you exactly referring to when Ducasse and Brown are better then Williams.....?
it could work out nicely, but I dont like ignoring RT!
ew

How insightful

We need a RT

NOPE.

Charles Brown is a late 1st rounder IMO and the fact that he added weight to his frame will make it more likely that he is selected somewhere in the 20s. Ducasse is not better than Williams and not a 1st rounder. Vlad is too raw, showed very slow feet, and may have to switch to guard in the pros. During the senior bowl, they plugged him in as a guard and was pummeled by Odrick and Alualu.
Share 49ersWebzone