There are 218 users in the forums

Surprise busts?

In the past, who surprised you when they turned out to be a bust?

I thought Gaines Adams was gonna be a beast. I also thought Robert Gallery would be amazing.
Gholston

Laron Landry and Adam Carrier also "surprised" me, but I don't necessarily think they are busts.
Mike Rumph
Honestly, living in Oklahoma, Woods surprised me the most. He was really something at OSU.
JJ Stokes
Brian Brohm I thought he was ganna be the best QB in that draft
Originally posted by Overkill:
Gholston

Laron Landry and Adam Carrier also "surprised" me, but I don't necessarily think they are busts.

With Carriker I think it's just because the Rams are retards
draft him as a DE and move him to DT!!! Stupid
Gallery for sure. That guy seemed like a "can't miss" coming out of Iowa. I guess thats why there is no such thing as a "can't miss" prospect. Ryan Leaf surprised me. I knew the guy was a mental midget, but not as bad as he has proven over and over again. Cedric Benson, although he's improved since arriving in Cincinatti. Courtney Brown surprised me too, he seemed like he had all of the tools. I can't say Gholston, because if you look at the tape it did not support how high he was taken based solely on his post-season workouts. Jason Pierre Paul..Oh whoops, thats not until next year.
My biggest surprise is Vince Young, and that's that he hasn't completely been a bust
I always said he would bust as a QB but be ok as an athlete. He has made two pro bowls as a QB though. But I still think he sucks as a straight QB

[ Edited by solidg2000 on Mar 4, 2010 at 14:20:13 ]
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Gholston

Exactly. I couldn't believe they moved him to DT, but that's why I don't consider him a bust.

Joe Montana
Originally posted by DANADA:
Brian Brohm I thought he was ganna be the best QB in that draft

lol so did I.
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Gholston

This. I would still like to get him when he becomes a FA...and put him in the position he belongs in...a 3-4 DE.

[ Edited by Jakemall on Mar 4, 2010 at 15:11:32 ]
Anacleto Pocasangre
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Alex Smith
Share 49ersWebzone