Based on needs at the top of the draft, I see a lot of mismatches between talent level and slotting. For example, STL IS going to take a QB, and DET desperately needs an OT. Tampa likes McCoy over Suh, so Suh drops.
However, Detriot is a very stupid franchise and may take Suh over a major need. Good luck, Matt Stafford.
I expect trades, a lot, if 1-2-3 go this way; Washington, KC, and Seatlle are all right to trade down (especially KC). Very happy with the 49er's draft. Haden is a steal -- his playing speed is far higher than #13, and Trent Williams is excellent value at #17.
1. St. Louis (1-15) - QB Sam Bradford or QB Jimmy Clausen. Probably going w/ Bradford
2. Detroit (2-14) - OT Russell Okung, OT, OK State; excellent prospect, much more of a need than DT. Stafford needs to be protected, but it IS the Lions.
3. Tampa Bay (3-13) - Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma; better fit for he Bucs system than Suh
4. Washington (4-12) - Bradford or Clausen, whichever one is left over
5. Kansas City (4-12) - OT Brian Bugala, Iowa. OT is their most glaring need and Okung is gone. Expect a trade-down.
6. Seattle (5-11) - DT Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska. Seattle gets a steal, and he is veratile enough to play in either a 4-3 or 3-4; He's also from Portland.
7. Cleveland (5-11) - SS Eric Berry, TEN; no-brainer of the draft.
8. Oakland (5-11) - SS Taylor Mays, USC; Al Davis...
9. Buffalo (6-10) - OT Anthony Davis, Rutgers; best OT available.
10. Jacksonville (7-9) DE Jason Pierre-Paul, USF; probably going to trade down for Tebow
11. Denver (from Chicago 7-9) - LB Rolando McClain, Bama; perfect fit for their 3-4.
12. Miami (7-9) - WR Dez Bryant, OK State; a need for Miami.
13. San Francisco (8-8) CB Joe Haden, FLA; Steal of the Draft
14. Seattle (from Denver 8-8) - OT Bruce Campbell, Maryland; major need.
15. New York Giants (8-8) - FS Earl Thomas, Texas
16. Tennessee (8-8) - DE Derrick Morgan, GA Tech
17. San Francisco (from Carolina 8-8) - Trent Williams, OT Oklahoma