LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 388 users in the forums

Tim Kawakami's early mock

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2010/03/04/early-tea-leaves-mays-to-the-raiders-haden-and-williams-to-the-49ers/

13: Joe Haden
17: Trent Williams

Good quote:
Quote:

-Thought I'd briefly explain why I don't have the 49ers taking RB C.J. Spiller or anybody like him with either of their first-round picks:

It's just not Scot McCloughan's style.

He rigorously adheres to a valuing on positions–you take OTs, QBs, LBs high in the 1st, you take DL, OGs, CBs a little later (unless it's a huge talent like Haden) and wait until later rounds to take RBs, Ss and WRs (unless it's a game-changer like Crabtree).

Personally, I feel Iupati falls into 'huge talent' category for first round guards also. I think both Haden and Williams will fall and get drafted lower than they deserve based on talent alone. Haden because of his 40 time, Williams because he plays the 'wrong' tackle position. Overall, its good for us.
me gusta
#13 CJ Spiller
#17 Trent Williams

me gusta mas
I really really really really don't want Joe Haden.
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
#13 CJ Spiller
#17 Trent Williams

me gusta mas

This
Tim Kawakami sucks.
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
#13 CJ Spiller
#17 Trent Williams

me gusta mas
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

Why not? You can never have too many good CB's in the new NFL IMO. So what's your take on Haden.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

Why not? You can never have too many good CB's in the new NFL IMO. So what's your take on Haden.

First of all, I don't think he's that good.

And secondly, we have much greater needs than CB. I think our CB's are fine for now, we don't need to spend a 1st round pick on one, especially one as unspectacular as Haden.

And secondly, we have much greater needs than CB. I think our CB's are fine for now, we don't need to spend a 1st round pick on one, especially one as unspectacular as Haden.

you mean the hobble walt harris coming off an ACL tear and the overpaid clements who lost his job to tarrel brown, who then proceed to get burnt repeatedly. yeah our CBs are in great shape.

Trent Williams worked his way into the top 10 at the combine IMO.

Spiller at #13 and Graham at #17!!!

Graham would take a lot of pressure off our DB's and take our defense to another level. I think he's exactly what this defense lacks....a relentless pass rusher to put the fear of god in QB's!! Instant upgrade over ANYONE on our roster.

Spiller would be the impact player and homerun hitter on offense that we don't have! Spiller and V. Davis on the field at the same time= a defensive coach's NIGHTMARE!!!
T. Williams won't be on the board at 17, I'll tell you that. Poop can this mock.
Originally posted by j3xperience:

you mean the hobble walt harris coming off an ACL tear and the overpaid clements who lost his job to tarrel brown, who then proceed to get burnt repeatedly. yeah our CBs are in great shape.

Clements didn't lose his starting job to Brown.

Clements
Spencer
Brown
Bly

That's a solid group. We've got 2 great starters, and 2 great backups. Imagine how good they would be if we actually had a decent pass rush.

And I don't understand why people knock on Clements. Other than the high price tag, he plays great.

[ Edited by YourHuckleberry on Mar 4, 2010 at 12:00:32 ]
And you just supported my point in another thread:

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
This is a pretty good draft for CB's, and it is not a big need in 2010, so selecting Haden doesn't make much sense to me unless we think he is clearly better than anyone else on the board.

In fact, I think Kyle Wilson and Devin McCourty are either right with Haden, or even better.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
T. Williams won't be on the board at 17, I'll tell you that. Poop can this mock.

I dont think its impossible for that to happen at all. Here are teams that could draft an OT:
Washington,KC,Seattle.. I believe that Berry, Claussen, Okung are the picks 4-6. Just not sure of what order. So.. 1 OT is gone before pick #8 in my opinion.

Oakland #8 Campbell is likely
Buffalo - #9 - Davis, or Bulaga (they need a LT - not a RT)

After that it comes down to Niners and Seahawks. I dont see Denver, Miami, NYG, or Tenn. taking an OT. So lets say the Niners pass at 13 and Seattle takes Davis or Bulaga for their LT at #14. Then, unless a trade up is made Williams will be there for the Niners at #17. It is certainly possible.
Share 49ersWebzone