LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

4ML's March Mock (trade up to get Berry)

• Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by bergy07:
49ers brass clearly stated they want to have multiple guys being able to return kicks/punts and I'm afraid this draft doesn't meet that criteria. Can't see them waiting until their 3rd rounder to get someone when this draft is clearly stacked in the first two rounds. Don't expect 49ers to even consider Sproles if this mock had an UFA attached to it...next mock please :)

You don't draft kick returners in first couple rounds, unless you have someone of Hester's capability and team has very few needs. We don't have the luxury to draft multiple guys who can return punts. I understand the coaching staff will want that, but they can't have everything they want. We need pass-rush, we need OL help, we need a safety.

With no salary cap, and most of the good players being restricted FAs, I doubt we will be active in FA .

Saying you want multiple guys who can return kicks/punts is pretty much the same thing as saying you want multiple guys who can pass rush.

There really is nothing to read into either statements, neither of them are news in the NFL.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Personally I see the top 13 in a similar fashion but I think KC would go with Bryan Bulaga before Anthony Davis (Pioli would get the ringing endorsement from buddy Kirk Ferentz). KC could also take Berry, JPP or reach for McClain.

Cleveland would take Berry over Bryant due to Dez's character concerns however Jacksonville desperate for a playmaker would take Dez.

Solid effort as always though

Thanks. I think Anthony Davis has a higher ceiling, I can see Chiefs going the safe route. The connection is there and Pioli played it safe last year as well. Good point.

I know Berry is a high possibility when Cleveland picks. But, they need to find targets for their QB after trading away Winslow and Edwards. The very first thing Holmgren needs to find out this year is - does he have a franchise QB. If he doesn't provide weapons, he will never know for sure.

Holmgren has dealt with Koren Robinson before, and also drafted Jeremy Stevens (TE) who had very very questionable character. Dez Bryant is a saint compared to him. Dez Bryant's issues are similar to Darrell Jackson...but he was Holmgren's favorite. In Seattle, he made sure his QB had several targets, and I expect him to do the same here.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
The Browns won't pass on Berry. That is about the greatest lock I can give the board in this draft.

C'mon man, you know there aren't any guarantees in draft. This time around (last year) we all thought Cleveland won't pass up on a WR named Michael Crabtree. How ironic
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by bergy07:
49ers brass clearly stated they want to have multiple guys being able to return kicks/punts and I'm afraid this draft doesn't meet that criteria. Can't see them waiting until their 3rd rounder to get someone when this draft is clearly stacked in the first two rounds. Don't expect 49ers to even consider Sproles if this mock had an UFA attached to it...next mock please :)

You don't draft kick returners in first couple rounds, unless you have someone of Hester's capability and team has very few needs. We don't have the luxury to draft multiple guys who can return punts. I understand the coaching staff will want that, but they can't have everything they want. We need pass-rush, we need OL help, we need a safety.

With no salary cap, and most of the good players being restricted FAs, I doubt we will be active in FA .

Saying you want multiple guys who can return kicks/punts is pretty much the same thing as saying you want multiple guys who can pass rush.

There really is nothing to read into either statements, neither of them are news in the NFL.

Share 49ersWebzone