LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 139 users in the forums

Should there be a trade involving us

If you told me we had one first rounder and threesecond rounders, I would be ecstatic.

I hope we trade one 1st for a combination of a 2nd and other picks. Then combine those other picks with our fourth to trade for a third 2nd rounder.
Originally posted by strickac:
I don't expect us to trade up. That would shock me. We don't need any single player that much. There will be outstanding talent in the middle of the 1st.

A trade down is possible, but I wouldn't expect it.

If anything, IMO, we'd trade a pick for a player. Brandon Marshall would be my choice, but that's not going to happen.

heck, Denver will do it for our 2nd round pick.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by noobie:
Originally posted by pd24:
We should trade #17 for Brandon Marshal and take OT at #13.

im down for that cause!!! i think if spiller is there at 13 we may get some calls. im thinking the chargers may call us to trade since they just purged their RB stable

Hes not going to be an every down back. They're better off waiting for Matthew or Dweyer

why wont he be an every down back?

spiller is 5-11 195lbs. that is almost identical to chris johnsons 5-11 200lbs and a bunch of ther guys who are hovering around 200lbs at RB in the nfl. i dont see why anyone would think spiller cant be a feature back. and he hasnt entered the nfl yet where he'll probably put on another 5, 10, 15 lbs of muscle, the guy is 5-11 so he can add some weight to his frame.

he wont be he cant even be an everydown back in college he had to split a lot of the carries no way he can be a feature in the nfl
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

im down for that cause!!! i think if spiller is there at 13 we may get some calls. im thinking the chargers may call us to trade since they just purged their RB stable

Hes not going to be an every down back. They're better off waiting for Matthew or Dweyer

spiller is 5-11 195lbs. that is almost identical to chris johnsons 5-11 200lbs and a bunch of ther guys who are hovering around 200lbs at RB in the nfl. i dont see why anyone would think spiller cant be a feature back. and he hasnt entered the nfl yet where he'll probably put on another 5, 10, 15 lbs of muscle, the guy is 5-11 so he can add some weight to his frame.

he wont be he cant even be an everydown back in college he had to split a lot of the carries no way he can be a feature in the nfl

Yeah cause guys don't normally add 10-20 lbs once they hit the NFL training programs or anything.

Dude, your statement is silly and your evidence to support it is shakey at best since you have no clue why he split carries, only that he did.
Originally posted by WINiner:

Yeah cause guys don't normally add 10-20 lbs once they hit the NFL training programs or anything.

Dude, your statement is silly and your evidence to support it is shakey at best since you have no clue why he split carries, only that he did.

i admit i havent been folowing clemsen however his RB stats dont exactly pop out at me

2006:
Rushing 129 att for 938 yds 10 td 7.3 avg
Receiving: 19 rec 210 yds 2 TD

2007:
Rushing:145 att 745 yds 3 TD 5.3 avg
Receiving: 34 rec 271 yds 2 TD

2008:
Rushing: 116 att 629 yds 7 TD 5.4 avg
REcieving: 34 rec 436 yds 3 TD

2009:
Rushing: 216 att 1212 yds 5.6 avg 12 TD
Recieving: 36 rec 503 yds 4 TD

other than his senior year his next best year was his freshman year his sophmore and junior campaings were pretty bad ( i dunno if he had an injury or something). I know he can double as a return man but he isnt that great of a punt returner and also he isnt that great of a RB IMO hes a good player but not a top 15 pick i would take him at 17 but not 13
I could see us grabbing a top OT at #13 if there's 1 or 2 on the board then trading back from #17 and picking up an extra 2/3rd rounder. Then in the second grab a CB and a change-of-pace back or Guard.
Originally posted by Joecool:
If you told me we had one first rounder and threesecond rounders, I would be ecstatic.

I hope we trade one 1st for a combination of a 2nd and other picks. Then combine those other picks with our fourth to trade for a third 2nd rounder.

Voila! That is exactly the hand that Bill Biliceck has dealt himself. Lot of value in the 2nd round with all those juniors coming out.
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Originally posted by strickac:
I don't expect us to trade up. That would shock me. We don't need any single player that much. There will be outstanding talent in the middle of the 1st.

A trade down is possible, but I wouldn't expect it.

If anything, IMO, we'd trade a pick for a player. Brandon Marshall would be my choice, but that's not going to happen.

heck, Denver will do it for our 2nd round pick.

They probably would. They must realize that he's probably gone after next season, so they could atleast take something tangible in return.

It's scary to think what Crabtree/Marshall/Davis trio could do. I'm not getting my hopes up though. As much as Scott loves big WRs, I don't expect that trade to happen.
Im wondering if anybody out there agrees with me about this year's draft positioning and how its so important for us to not allow the Hawks to make a move on Spiller

Anybody?
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for 49ersalldaway126.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Im wondering if anybody out there agrees with me about this year's draft positioning and how its so important for us to not allow the Hawks to make a move on Spiller

Anybody?

i think their need for OT QB and pass rush is much greater than a RB

only way i wanna see us trade up is if berry falls to 7ish or for okung and both are first should not be traded

• cupcheck
  • Info N/A
I think we're set for a playoff run with 3 impact players.I also believe all the best juniors came out this year because of the CBA uncertainty, next year there may be no football.So, trade our 2011 first round & 3ed of 2010 to NE for their #22 this year.With the #13, #17, #22, in this years draft think of the three guys that could be 9ers! Don't fly off the handle about the last first round trade with NE, that was the Hosetler debacle.Besides our record will make the #22 look like a steal.
Originally posted by WINiner:

i admit i havent been folowing clemsen however his RB stats dont exactly pop out at me

2006:
Rushing 129 att for 938 yds 10 td 7.3 avg
Receiving: 19 rec 210 yds 2 TD

2007:
Rushing:145 att 745 yds 3 TD 5.3 avg
Receiving: 34 rec 271 yds 2 TD

2008:
Rushing: 116 att 629 yds 7 TD 5.4 avg
REcieving: 34 rec 436 yds 3 TD

2009:
Rushing: 216 att 1212 yds 5.6 avg 12 TD
Recieving: 36 rec 503 yds 4 TD

other than his senior year his next best year was his freshman year his sophmore and junior campaings were pretty bad ( i dunno if he had an injury or something). I know he can double as a return man but he isnt that great of a punt returner and also he isnt that great of a RB IMO hes a good player but not a top 15 pick i would take him at 17 but not 13

averaging 5 yards a rush is terrible, what a bum
in the first round,--trading up or down--what could be the most realistic scenario for possible trade partners and us? Who could those partners be that make actual sense, and whats the value for both teams?

Im no draft expert, but I know every single one of you guys are

I would really like to see our picks linked, so I see best scenario being trading up with Miami if theres a run on offensive players in the top ten, because they are looking defense???

Trade 5 spots to 12 with Miami for our 17th and a fourth. If McClain falls, I think this could work. We'll jump Seattle's #14. If Seattle gets OT at #6, I think it should be a nobrainer for Scot to make this deal, IF ITS REALISTIC???

it would have to be a 3rd not a 4th.

I'm not sure if he is or is not an every down Back. How many Chris Johnsons are there. Bush is not an every down RB. Westbrook was and was hurt most years. Dunn was ???? San Diego has Sproles and Michael Bennett Not Every down RB. There has not been a Chris Johnson for 20 years they do not come around that often. He was drafted I think 24th over all do you think if they knew he was going to be this good he would have lasted to 24th pick. If the 49er draft spiller I hope he is the next Johnson. How ever there are alot more RB that are 5-9/ 5-10 and 185 to 200 that are fast and the man coming out in the draft. none of them are anything Like Johnson. Plus many More will come out and they will not be anything like Chris Johnsons. By the way Gore is listed at 5'9" and 217 and he is not that same kind of RB as Johnsons. I think Spiller has the same running style as Johnsons and that is why they get compared but Bush, Sproles and Bennett have the same style too. Gore and Dunn are different Type of RB. I Like Spiller and I like J Best. I think both are going to be Good RB I have no idea if they are going to be anything like Johnsons

Anybody?

Personally I don't agree with taking someone to finesse another team. We are not in the draft to hit Seattle Or anyone else but to do the best we can for ourselves. Neither Spiller nor anyone else comes with a guarantee. Let other teams worry about themselves.
Share 49ersWebzone