There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should there be a trade involving us

in the first round,--trading up or down--what could be the most realistic scenario for possible trade partners and us? Who could those partners be that make actual sense, and whats the value for both teams?

Im no draft expert, but I know every single one of you guys are

I would really like to see our picks linked, so I see best scenario being trading up with Miami if theres a run on offensive players in the top ten, because they are looking defense???

Trade 5 spots to 12 with Miami for our 17th and a fourth. If McClain falls, I think this could work. We'll jump Seattle's #14. If Seattle gets OT at #6, I think it should be a nobrainer for Scot to make this deal, IF ITS REALISTIC???

[ Edited by SFL49ER on Mar 2, 2010 at 20:13:15 ]
I really hope we don't trade up, but you never know what may happen.
I don't expect us to trade up. That would shock me. We don't need any single player that much. There will be outstanding talent in the middle of the 1st.

A trade down is possible, but I wouldn't expect it.

If anything, IMO, we'd trade a pick for a player. Brandon Marshall would be my choice, but that's not going to happen.
...with almost any player falling out of the top ten who may be a steal, I want our choice of two players w/o Seattle in our way.
You need to look at the draft value chart, there is no way someone from trade down 7 spots in the top of round 1 for a fourth rounder.

It is posted on the top of the draft war room.
I could see us trading down #17
I think we'll be staying right where we are.
We shouldn't trade up, we did absolutely nothing at #10 last year and obtained Michael Crabtree! -Anything can happen in the draft. Take the best Tackle at #13, and whatever's left at #17 that can make an immediate impact.

The draft is seriously crazy, Andre Smith (the 'lazy/injury-prone' tackle we all saw coming) ended up going at #6, while Michael Oher barely made it out of the first round! -We're gonna get some good players this year.

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Mar 2, 2010 at 20:51:34 ]
  • pd24
  • Veteran
We should trade #17 for Brandon Marshal and take OT at #13.
Originally posted by pd24:

im down for that cause!!! i think if spiller is there at 13 we may get some calls. im thinking the chargers may call us to trade since they just purged their RB stable
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

im down for that cause!!! i think if spiller is there at 13 we may get some calls. im thinking the chargers may call us to trade since they just purged their RB stable

Hes not going to be an every down back. They're better off waiting for Matthew or Dweyer

most likely scenario imo

[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Mar 2, 2010 at 21:59:36 ]
Quick question regarding the draft value chart. Are the values adjusted every year to account for the difference in talent entering/deepness of the current draft? I'd really appreciate it if any one could shed some light on this for me.
The only player I could possibly see us trading up for in the first round is Eric Berry.

Other than that, at #13 I would stick with BPA unless someone knocks our socks off with an offer.

If there is gonna be a trade I think #17 is the most logical for us. I can see New England targeting Brandon Graham at #17 and offering us a 3rd round pick and their 1st.
Originally posted by noobie:

Hes not going to be an every down back. They're better off waiting for Matthew or Dweyer

why wont he be an every down back?

spiller is 5-11 195lbs. that is almost identical to chris johnsons 5-11 200lbs and a bunch of ther guys who are hovering around 200lbs at RB in the nfl. i dont see why anyone would think spiller cant be a feature back. and he hasnt entered the nfl yet where he'll probably put on another 5, 10, 15 lbs of muscle, the guy is 5-11 so he can add some weight to his frame.