There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Best or Gronkowski in second round?

I think Rob Gronkowski can and should be a 49er, he was made for the pros, but I would rather have Jhavid Best if he falls to the second round. In the first round maybe Golden Tate and a good Tackle. I mean, if we run the spread, lets run the spread correctly.
Gronkowski? Good player when healthy, but not even close to a second round need for the Niners. The Niners need a blocking TE to supplement VD and Delanie, not another all around TE like Gronkowski. Best would be a good 2nd round pick if the Niners go OT and FS/OLB/CB in the 1st.
Bruce Gradkowski sucks
Originally posted by valrod33:
Bruce Gradkowski sucks

Did I miss something? Fine, no Gronkowski unless he is still around in the 3rd, but Tate is the real deal, imagine him Crabs, Davis and Gore, then Alex will be a Pro Bowler for the first time in his career. Then we'd have a kick returner and a new target for our young QB.

[ Edited by prime21 on Mar 2, 2010 at 02:20:32 ]
We're not going to draft a tight end in the first three rounds, that is pretty much a guarantee. I would be pissed if we did because it's not even close to a need.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
We're not going to draft a tight end in the first three rounds, that is pretty much a guarantee. I would be pissed if we did because it's not even close to a need.

If we did, Krizay would go crazy
BEST wont last past the first round with that 40 time.
Seriously.. why on earth would we select a TE in the 2nd round when VD just had the best year of his life and we have many more needs??????
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Seriously.. why on earth would we select a TE in the 2nd round when VD just had the best year of his life and we have many more needs??????

Because I believe Gronk would be an upgrade over Walker, and we wouldnt need a FB cause we would have Walker there in a hybrid spread attack. With the addition of another playmaking receiver, whether it be a TE (enter Gronkowski)or WR(Golden Tate?), this spread offense would shine like the gold it is supposed represent.(trust me).

[ Edited by prime21 on Mar 4, 2010 at 05:27:01 ]
Originally posted by samoan49er:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

If we did, Krizay would go crazy

This would be him...

if we draft a TE i want it to be the kid from miami, j.graham i think?
6'7" i think? former basketball player... solid hands... crazy hops... decent strength.
i've been wanting a real chain-mover and redzone threat for some time.
he could be our answer
wow, just wow

would not mind Tate or someone like McCourty