LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 303 users in the forums

Mock Draft 1.0: Niners to pass on Spiller

Importance to team: QB > NT
Quality of NT: A.Franklin > D.Williams
Quality of QB: Clausen > A.Smith

Doesn't make sense to me how 49ers could pass on Clausen, much less with their second pick.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
I like this draft for the simple reason that we pass on Spiller. We might take the guy but it's kinda boring to see it mocked again and again. I'm wondering if Williams will even be there for us to consider. I'm reading rumors on yahoo that Dez Bryant is going to fall out of the first round cuz he oversleeps for practices and games. Also, Miami could use an NT. The guy might be gone by the time we pick.

I guess I'd be fine with the pick. Letting Franklin go could save us some money. We still gotta sign Davis and Willis to long term deals...
  • LilAzn9er
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by confusedrhino:
Importance to team: QB > NT
Quality of NT: A.Franklin > D.Williams
Quality of QB: Clausen > A.Smith

Doesn't make sense to me how 49ers could pass on Clausen, much less with their second pick.

I can gurantee you that Niners would not take a QB in the 1st round.
  • LilAzn9er
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by LilAzn9er:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I just dont feel this mock at all. Here are reasons:

1) Okung to Detroit.. no chance. DT is a much bigger need and they can get one of
the 2 studs in this draft. I dont see any possible way Okung ends up in Det

2) Trent Williams to Washington.. This would go down as one of the biggest reaches
in the history of the draft. You honestly think that Shanahan is going to pass on
Bradford or Claussen for a RT? Zero chance.

3) Anthony Davis.. see above. Seattle isnt going to pass on a franchise QB to take
an OT.

As for the Niners picks.. they could happen. Bulaga could definitley be the pick at 13 and Williams isnt impossible at 17 although I think he will be gone by then.

I think you vastly underrated Claussen. He will be a top 10 pick in my opinion.

Seriously, Jimmy Clausen a franchise QB? Heck no! Teams are already questioning his leadership skills. He is a small dude with small hands (smallest hands at the combine).

He isnt that small. He measured over 6'2" and is taller than Mark Sanchez. I think he has the arm, the pro style experience, and the accuracy to be a very good NFL QB. Mayock thinks so as well not that his opinion is everything.

Take him out of the pitcure and I still dont see any chance at all that the Rams, Redskins, and Sehawks would pass on Sam Bradford and certainly not for Trent Williams or Anthony Davis.

Redskins tendered Campbell, so most likely they won't take Bradford if he's still there.
Share 49ersWebzone