Originally posted by genus49:Originally posted by Jakemall:Originally posted by genus49:Originally posted by Jakemall:
@ Genus49 - I prefer a magic 8 ball. They're proven to be more accurate than your run of the mill crystal ball. Why isn't Brown not a RT? It wasn't really 2 players + nate..it was more like 2 players + best and nate. If we can't get a top ranked RT and Brown really isn't a great option then looking down deeper in the draft would be the direction I'd go.
Ok well first of all Brown is a better pass blocker and lacks strength to get consistent push in the run game. Putting him in at RT would be stupid and I don't see him being better at LT than Staley so then what's the point? Hell given his weight I doubt McGloughan even has him on the board.
And you have us drafting Best with our original 2nd rounder...so the trade does nothing...not to mention you actually have us giving up a pick to come back up to draft Allen.
One thing this team shouldn't do is overreact and reach for players.
I'll own it if brown isn't the RT we're looking for...but I'm not sure I follow about reaching...Allen isn't a reach imo.
I was talking about Brown in the first round. I don't mind Allen I just don't think he's worth trading up for. Plus I just don't know if safety is that big of a need. We can certainly use the upgrade with Lewis and his concussions/age but I also think moving Goldson to SS and letting Reggie Smith play at FS could work.
I think the 2nd round could be a good place to grab a dropping 3-4 OLB. Improve the pass rush and improve the DB play instantaneously
Nate could be the best cover safety in the draft...
