There are 145 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jake's Mock

Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Jakemall:

@ Genus49 - I prefer a magic 8 ball. They're proven to be more accurate than your run of the mill crystal ball. Why isn't Brown not a RT? It wasn't really 2 players + nate..it was more like 2 players + best and nate. If we can't get a top ranked RT and Brown really isn't a great option then looking down deeper in the draft would be the direction I'd go.

Ok well first of all Brown is a better pass blocker and lacks strength to get consistent push in the run game. Putting him in at RT would be stupid and I don't see him being better at LT than Staley so then what's the point? Hell given his weight I doubt McGloughan even has him on the board.

And you have us drafting Best with our original 2nd rounder...so the trade does nothing...not to mention you actually have us giving up a pick to come back up to draft Allen.

One thing this team shouldn't do is overreact and reach for players.

I'll own it if brown isn't the RT we're looking for...but I'm not sure I follow about reaching...Allen isn't a reach imo.

I was talking about Brown in the first round. I don't mind Allen I just don't think he's worth trading up for. Plus I just don't know if safety is that big of a need. We can certainly use the upgrade with Lewis and his concussions/age but I also think moving Goldson to SS and letting Reggie Smith play at FS could work.

I think the 2nd round could be a good place to grab a dropping 3-4 OLB. Improve the pass rush and improve the DB play instantaneously

Nate could be the best cover safety in the draft...
come on JAKE! WTF!
Originally posted by wailers15:
come on JAKE! WTF!

Come on wailer...be more specific. I may be willing to bend on Brown...not sure if I'm really wrong there... but I like the rest of my draft.
Well...if we sign Sproles, then there's less reason to trade in the 1st rd, because we'd stand a good chance of taking both Campbell and Iupati. Our OL upgrade would be done, at least as far as the draft goes. The remaining picks would be a virtual smorgasbord for Singletary & Mac.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Well...if we sign Sproles, then there's less reason to trade in the 1st rd, because we'd stand a good chance of taking both Campbell and Iupati. Our OL upgrade would be done, at least as far as the draft goes. The remaining picks would be a virtual smorgasbord for Singletary & Mac.

Or Williams...

I'd be happy with getting a stud RT and Iupati in the first...but if none are there and Spiller is, I'd prefer to trade down, Pick up Iupati and get a RT later on since Pashos is coming back.
i love the idea of tradeing down in this draft.

But I really think its Key to come out of the first round with Lupati

His frame just makes him to flexible. Plus he has top flight guard written all over him.
Brown cannot play RT. He is an athletic LT that is sub 300 pounds.
I probably wouldn't take best at this point....but it sounds like a lot of people are getting on board with the brown pick.

Akwasi Owusu-Ansah is the CB I was looking for in his place?
[ Edited by Jakemall on Apr 19, 2010 at 1:13 PM ]