There are 231 users in the forums

Post trade rumor top 17

The Rams are rumored to trade the #1 overall pick in the NFL draft to the Bucs for their #3 and other picks/players. If this happens, this is what I see happening:

1. Buccaneers: Ndamkong Suh, DT
The Bucs have coveted a game changing DT ever since the departure of Warren Sapp. They will build a solid defense around Suh.

2. Lions: Gerald McCoy, DT
Next best DT on the board. The Lions need to get defensive help up front and McCoy is the next best player available.

3. Rams: Jimmy Clausen, QB
The Rams will not waste another opportunity to get a franchise QB.

4. Redskins: Sam Bradford, QB
Bradford gives Shannahan a QB to build his offense around.

5. Chiefs: Russell Okung, OT
Need to protect their investment in Cassel, Okung is the concensus #1 overall OT.

6. Seahawks: Anthony Davis, OT
Carroll would have like to had a chance at one of the QB's; but with both of them gone they will need to build the OL with the next best prospect on the board.

7. Browns: Eric Berry, FS
Browns need a lot of help on defense and Berry is a great player to help solidify their secondary.

8. Raiders: Jason Pierre-Paul, DE/OLB
No real way to know what Al Davis is going to do here; but it is safe to say he is going to draft a fast/athletic player. The logical pick would be an OL but we all know Davis is not a logical man.

9. Bills: Trent Williams, OT
After missing out on a starting OT last season, the Bills will not pass on one this year.

10. Broncos: Rolando McClain, ILB
A lot of mocks have the Broncos draft Dez Bryant here; however, the Broncos will not pass on a defensive talent like McClain. Dez is a very talented WR; however, he has some question marks after missing some football playing time due to a suspension. A top 10 draft pick is not a position to take chances on. Besides, the Broncos want to improve their defense that failed them towards the end of the season last year.

11. Jaguars: Derrick Morgan, DE
There is no denying the fact that the Jaguars are in desperate need of defensive help, especially getting pressure on the QB. They have Morgan as their best DE in the draft and are happy that the Raiders didn't draft him.

12. Dolphins: Brandon Graham, DE/OLB
With the loss of Joey Porter and Jason Taylor all but out of the league, Parcells will take Graham here. He is quickly rising up the draft boards after his stellar Senior Bowl performance. Bryant/Haden would be the next best talent available; however, Parcells is does not have a history of taking WR in the first round and they spent two draft picks on rookie CB's last year and seem to be happy with them.

13. 49ers: Bryan Bulaga, OT
The 49ers are in need to bolster their OL, especially at the RT position. Bulaga is a good talent here as he has also played LT and would be good insurance if Staley gets injured. With Haden, Bryant, Spiller still on the board the 49ers would love to get one of these talented players; however they need RT more. One of these players will fall to them at #16/17.

14. Seahawks: Dez Bryant, WR
Carroll struggles with so many talented players to choose; Haden, Spiller or Bryant. At this point of the draft, Bryant is too good of a talent to pass on. TJ is a good WR but is 32 years old and Burleson is not a #1 WR.

15. Giants: Earl Thomas, FS
Haden could have easily been the choice here, but Earl Thomas is quickly rising up the draft board and could easily surpase Eric Berry as the #1 FS on Mike Mayocks board. The Giants have two solid starting corners in Ross and Webster; however, Phillips at the FS position is recovering from an injury and was not very impressive when he was healthy.

16. Titans: Joe Haden, CB
The Titans strike gold twice! They win the coin toss and Haden falls in their laps!

17. 49ers: CJ Spiller, RB
Spiller is a dynamic player that gives the 49ers a weapon in both special teams and offense. Gore has had nagging injuries the past two seasons and Coffee is still raw and learning the offense. Coffee could spell Gore, but Spiller gives us a home run threat.

Doing this mock, I had no preconceived idea about who the 49ers would draft. I simply wanted to see how the players might fall if the trade between the Rams and Bucs does happen.

I could see the Bills taking Bulaga instead of Williams, so in that scenario the 49ers would take Williams at #13. We will know more after the combine how these two OL will grade out over one another.

Haden falling as far as he did was a big surprise to me. I kept trying to draft him, but he just didn't fit with the right team past the Browns. The Raiders will not draft Haden. Seattle takes Dez Bryant because he will grade higher and is more of a need for them than CB. The Giants need a FS more than CB and Earl Thomas is quickly moving up the draft board as I stated before.

Please discuss.
Although Denver's D did slow down near the end of the season, the only reason they made it that far was because of a guy named Brandon Marshall. He singlehandedly won them 2 or 3 games and they need to replace him. As well, although McClain is SUPER talented, he is a little bigger and has some stamina issues. I think Denver goes WR, 9ers pick Haden (although I think that he will be picked by CLV,as seattle picks Berry, and Davis goes to Buffalo). Anyway, love the top 10, and the STL-TB trade makes too much sense, but I hear DET is activly shopping their pick, so I think that goes.
Even though everyone believes it will happen, I highly highly highly doubt the Chiefs take Okung. It's just not Pioli's style for many reasons. He doesn't believe in taking OTs this early, and he loves taking players for the front 7 early. Look for players with upside. Don't be shocked if it's JPP.

As for the niners, I believe OT is our biggest need, but with Bryant and Haden on the board I really don't think we'll be reaching for a player like Bulaga. These are 2 premium talents, that could really push us over the edge and give us very very legitimate playmakers.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Even though everyone believes it will happen, I highly highly highly doubt the Chiefs take Okung. It's just not Pioli's style for many reasons. He doesn't believe in taking OTs this early, and he loves taking players for the front 7 early. Look for players with upside. Don't be shocked if it's JPP.

As for the niners, I believe OT is our biggest need, but with Bryant and Haden on the board I really don't think we'll be reaching for a player like Bulaga. These are 2 premium talents, that could really push us over the edge and give us very very legitimate playmakers.

I agree, Haden would be my choice. But I think McCloughan takes Bulaga or Williams.
i^d love to see the niners take a top OT, and Lupati with the second pick. Our biggest weakness, this horrible 0L, immediately upgraded...i dont think we can afford a luxery pick in spillers at this point. gore/coffee are plenty servicable, and with an improved OL, they^ll be even better. although i wouldnt be heartbroken if we went hayden or mays with our #2. with a draft this deep, that carolina trade is looking ingenious. Only wish the panthers wouldnt have won 4 of their last 5.
The best case scenario would be if the Seahawks take a OT at #4 and the Niners get #16 in the coin toss.

That'd mean that they could truly take the BPA at #13 (Haden, Spiller, etc) and feel safe that they could get at least Williams at #16 to step in and be a stud RT for many, many years.
  • 49niners21
  • Info N/A
Bulaga is know reach Mike Mayock said he the secound best O line men in the draft
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
The Rams are rumored to trade the #1 overall pick in the NFL draft to the Bucs for their #3 and other picks/players. If this happens, this is what I see happening:

1. Buccaneers: Ndamkong Suh, DT
The Bucs have coveted a game changing DT ever since the departure of Warren Sapp. They will build a solid defense around Suh.

2. Lions: Gerald McCoy, DT
Next best DT on the board. The Lions need to get defensive help up front and McCoy is the next best player available.

3. Rams: Jimmy Clausen, QB
The Rams will not waste another opportunity to get a franchise QB.

4. Redskins: Sam Bradford, QB
Bradford gives Shannahan a QB to build his offense around.

5. Chiefs: Russell Okung, OT
Need to protect their investment in Cassel, Okung is the concensus #1 overall OT.

6. Seahawks: Anthony Davis, OT
Carroll would have like to had a chance at one of the QB's; but with both of them gone they will need to build the OL with the next best prospect on the board.

7. Browns: Eric Berry, FS
Browns need a lot of help on defense and Berry is a great player to help solidify their secondary.

8. Raiders: Jason Pierre-Paul, DE/OLB
No real way to know what Al Davis is going to do here; but it is safe to say he is going to draft a fast/athletic player. The logical pick would be an OL but we all know Davis is not a logical man.

9. Bills: Trent Williams, OT
After missing out on a starting OT last season, the Bills will not pass on one this year.

10. Broncos: Rolando McClain, ILB
A lot of mocks have the Broncos draft Dez Bryant here; however, the Broncos will not pass on a defensive talent like McClain. Dez is a very talented WR; however, he has some question marks after missing some football playing time due to a suspension. A top 10 draft pick is not a position to take chances on. Besides, the Broncos want to improve their defense that failed them towards the end of the season last year.

11. Jaguars: Derrick Morgan, DE
There is no denying the fact that the Jaguars are in desperate need of defensive help, especially getting pressure on the QB. They have Morgan as their best DE in the draft and are happy that the Raiders didn't draft him.

12. Dolphins: Brandon Graham, DE/OLB
With the loss of Joey Porter and Jason Taylor all but out of the league, Parcells will take Graham here. He is quickly rising up the draft boards after his stellar Senior Bowl performance. Bryant/Haden would be the next best talent available; however, Parcells is does not have a history of taking WR in the first round and they spent two draft picks on rookie CB's last year and seem to be happy with them.

13. 49ers: Bryan Bulaga, OT
The 49ers are in need to bolster their OL, especially at the RT position. Bulaga is a good talent here as he has also played LT and would be good insurance if Staley gets injured. With Haden, Bryant, Spiller still on the board the 49ers would love to get one of these talented players; however they need RT more. One of these players will fall to them at #16/17.

14. Seahawks: Dez Bryant, WR
Carroll struggles with so many talented players to choose; Haden, Spiller or Bryant. At this point of the draft, Bryant is too good of a talent to pass on. TJ is a good WR but is 32 years old and Burleson is not a #1 WR.

15. Giants: Earl Thomas, FS
Haden could have easily been the choice here, but Earl Thomas is quickly rising up the draft board and could easily surpase Eric Berry as the #1 FS on Mike Mayocks board. The Giants have two solid starting corners in Ross and Webster; however, Phillips at the FS position is recovering from an injury and was not very impressive when he was healthy.

16. Titans: Joe Haden, CB
The Titans strike gold twice! They win the coin toss and Haden falls in their laps!

17. 49ers: CJ Spiller, RB
Spiller is a dynamic player that gives the 49ers a weapon in both special teams and offense. Gore has had nagging injuries the past two seasons and Coffee is still raw and learning the offense. Coffee could spell Gore, but Spiller gives us a home run threat.

Doing this mock, I had no preconceived idea about who the 49ers would draft. I simply wanted to see how the players might fall if the trade between the Rams and Bucs does happen.

I could see the Bills taking Bulaga instead of Williams, so in that scenario the 49ers would take Williams at #13. We will know more after the combine how these two OL will grade out over one another.

Haden falling as far as he did was a big surprise to me. I kept trying to draft him, but he just didn't fit with the right team past the Browns. The Raiders will not draft Haden. Seattle takes Dez Bryant because he will grade higher and is more of a need for them than CB. The Giants need a FS more than CB and Earl Thomas is quickly moving up the draft board as I stated before.

Please discuss.

The 49ers wouldn't pass on Haden in a million years.
#13 Haden Please...!
There is no way Haden goes that far down in the draft... especially after the second best safety.

Share 49ersWebzone