New SI Draft Board has some weirdness

Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by valrod33:

Wow!! I did not need to see that..

both his faces are sad

i look at that and say......if he can be that effective in the poor shape he is in.....

What could he do properly motivated to be a professional athlete?

I was 240 pounds...i love jujitsu and cut down to 170......with out the threat of millions of dollars and mike singletary screaming in my ear.....

this guy is probably around 400 pounds....can we guess what he would do at 330

Properly motivated Mount Cody could be a beast.....that is one thing the 49ers have in spades....

i personally like Dan Williams of TENN better......if i was doing an all SEC team... Dan Williams would be my starter.....

I think if Dan williams had spent 4 years with Monte Kiffin he would be considered on of the top DTs in this draft.

[ Edited by Dshearn on Feb 24, 2010 at 15:06:45 ]
Originally posted by Dshearn:

i look at that and say......if he can be that effective in the poor shape he is in.....

I was 240 pounds...i love jujitsu and cut down to 170......with out the threat of millions of dollars and mike singletary screaming in my ear.....

Properly motivated Mount Cody could be a beast.....that is one thing the 49ers have in spades....

Yes. OR.. he could be a major bust who stays unmotivated once he has money in his pocket. Hell, if he cant motivate himself to get in real shape with the draft a couple months away what makes you think he will ever do so? Major gamble in my opinion especially in rds 1 or 2.
Originally posted by pelos21:
Who is that?

Terrence Cody

i wonder if they ever think about life after football.. 370 lbs !?
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Dshearn:

Yes. OR.. he could be a major bust who stays unmotivated once he has money in his pocket. Hell, if he cant motivate himself to get in real shape with the draft a couple months away what makes you think he will ever do so? Major gamble in my opinion especially in rds 1 or 2.

no doubt about that...your right....the risk is the guy will eat himself out of the nfl.

but...

every draft choice is a gamble.

You already know this guy can go against NFL draft choice linemen and hold his own against the run.

You already know he cant rush the passer and probably never will.

I think he is pretty black and white..... I dont think you have to spend alot of time wondering how his game will transition to the NFL and will he have any longevity if as he ages due to his size.
Bill Walsh wouldnt have drafted Cody
Originally posted by darkknight49:

both his faces are sad

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
They are going the wrong way with Spiller. I think he's going to be a top 15 lock by the end of the combine, and probably gone before the Niners draft at 13.

Spiller is the most explosive player in this draft, and these difference-making players are very few. Look out for Denver at 10.

Why Denver???? Doesn't make any sense?
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
They are going the wrong way with Spiller. I think he's going to be a top 15 lock by the end of the combine, and probably gone before the Niners draft at 13.

Spiller is the most explosive player in this draft, and these difference-making players are very few. Look out for Denver at 10.

Why Denver???? Doesn't make any sense?

Spiller to Denver would be a shocker. I expect Denver to land either Berry/Haden/Bryant. One of those guys should fall to them. They would really like to get younger in their defensive secondary, but if Bryant is on the board, he'll be hard to pass on with the loss of Marshall.

DL is also a need for them, but they might score someone like Cody or Odrick in the 2nd. I don't see the value for them in the 1st.
Share 49ersWebzone