There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mayock loves Sergio Kindle!

NFL Network's Mike Mayock believes Texas OLB Sergio Kindle is more polished entering the league this year than Brian Orakpo was last year.
Mayock has Kindle rated as the No. 7 player in the entire draft.

What is your opinion on Sergio Kindle?

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=5777&line=167997&spln=1
Good player but theres no way were getting him.
Kindle is explosice asd has elite speed off the edge, yet has no moves, stiff hips and doesn't use his hands well. He should be picked early second due to his potential, yet one team will take a look at his comibe speed and draft him in the last third of the first round. And he is not even close to as polished as Orakpo. I thought I even heard Mayock say that on a video on NFL.com? Maybe he changed his mind but personally, I think the guy is a system guy. He would look good on the opposite side to an already dominant edge rusher in the 3-4 (Dallas comes to mind). That way, with attention focused one the other side, Kindle can use his speed to turn the corner and get to the QB. Wouldn't work on our team.
The thread title is funny, it reminds me of those Jenna Loves Rocco movies.
Originally posted by pelos21:
Good player but theres no way were getting him.

And in the past, you just knew that we were going to pick Rachal and Balmer!!! You just never know.
I don't think he's close to being as polished as Orakpo was coming into the draft last year. Ranking him 7th overall is too high imo. I think he's in the mid 20's somewhere. He's a good prospect.
Manny Lawson 2.0
Brandon Graham is the guy that stands out to me as NFL-ready.

Kindle is very athletic and looks like he could develop into a pretty good player, but he wasn't even a dominant player in college. Scouts and draft gurus love "potential" because they're always looking to find a hidden gem. It usually blows up in their face and it's the reason why there are so many 1st round busts.

Mayock may have Kindle as his darling this year, which is fine, but I don't see it.
IMO he is good but takes off too many plays. I'll take someone from a smaller
school who doesn't have the skilled players around them.

That's why my opinion of McClain from Alabama is a little less than others. He's had Cody and other Lineman taking on blockers that would have gotten too him at a lesser program.

However, I do believe that Mayock is a far better judge of talent than the two talking heads on ESPN. I don't believe half of what Kiper and McShay say.
Originally posted by strickac:
Brandon Graham is the guy that stands out to me as NFL-ready.

Kindle is very athletic and looks like he could develop into a pretty good player, but he wasn't even a dominant player in college. Scouts and draft gurus love "potential" because they're always looking to find a hidden gem. It usually blows up in their face and it's the reason why there are so many 1st round busts.

Mayock may have Kindle as his darling this year, which is fine, but I don't see it.

I'm with ya on Graham. Would much rather have him than Kindle, at least from what little I've seen.
Vernon Gholston v2