There are 225 users in the forums

Teams looking to trade in draft...

• PlayAction
  • Info N/A
"Each of the teams picking in the top four come late April -- St. Louis, Detroit, Tampa Bay and Washington -- has discussed trading its pick and moving out of its spot, multiple NFL sources said Tuesday." (Adam Schefter)

Some have suggested Niners move up and grab certain players (Haden, or Berry etc)
maybe they won't have to. This years draft could be one of the most head scratching, surprising and unpredictable. I hope Scot and coach Sing have really dug deep and done their homework, this year could be a gold mine...... or major disappointment.

GO NIners!!
super bowl heaven in 2011!
If the 49ers don't value any of the Tackles as mid first rounders why not trade both our firsts for the #3 pick and take Eric Berry?

If you're the Bucs (who have absolutely no talent whatsoever) I'd think that two first round picks would be better than one. Unless they absolutely can't pass on Berry. They could get Spiller and a RT, then have an early 2nd round pick to get Graham or Thomas.

Of course, this all depends on the 49ers not thinking any of these Tackles are worth that high of a pick, or that they can get somebody just as good in FA or later on.

IMO the only reason they haven't moved their 1sts is because there is such a glaring hole at RT. If they can sure that up somehow without using the 1sts it would make no sense to keep both of them. Spiller/BPA isn't as valuable to the 49ers, where they would be role players, as as they are the Bucs, where they'd start from day one. Berry isn't as valuable to the Bucs, where he'd be waiting for help for the next 3-4 years, as he is to the 49ers, where he could lead us to championships from day one.

[ Edited by foreign49er on Feb 23, 2010 at 21:46:26 ]
I don't wanna give up both firsts & move up. Would rather stay put & draft two first rounders.
Originally posted by tohara3:
I don't wanna give up both firsts & move up. Would rather stay put & draft two first rounders.

If QB Jimmy Clausen is still on the board when we pick at #13, we might get some teams offering to move up to take a potential franchise QB. Moving back into the 20s, and picking up an extra second, might still allow us to strengthen both sides of the line, and still get a impact player.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Stay put and pick our two firsts.

+1
Originally posted by kstolai:

+1

+2

+1

I second that
Just Let the draft come to us...we're in a good
position this year...We gave up last years #2 and #4
to be exactly in this spot...we'll be fine
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

+1

+2

This x 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Share 49ersWebzone