There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do you believe Scot will draft Spiller/OT with our 1st two picks

Do you believe Scot will draft Spiller/OT with our 1st two picks

Can't see him taking Haden or Earl Thomas. He's said in the past that he prefers both bigger players and veteran cb's.

Don't really think anyone else is in play unless you want to count Iupati as a pure OG prospect.

Oh wait, Brandon Graham also...and McClain, done editing!

[ Edited by znk916 on Feb 22, 2010 at 23:37:40 ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
If Haden is there (which is highy unlikely), I think (hope) he will take Haden.
I think it's possible.

Honestly, I'd be happy with these situations with our first two picks.

OT/Iupati
OT/Spiller
OT/Graham
Originally posted by drake49er:
I think it's possible.

Honestly, I'd be happy with these situations with our first two picks.

OT/Iupati
OT/Spiller
OT/Graham

Haden/OT
Spiller/OT
Spiller/Iupati (at best position)
No but he should.
Not sure what he would do but hope that he will get Spiller and an OT. That would be great!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I don't think Haden makes it to us, but I think Spiller definetly will be there.
I doubt it.
I think it's pretty much a guarantee. The only wild card here is if he pulls the trigger on a tackle first and Spiller slips by.
haden/ OT
OT/ spiller
OT ipathi
OT/earl thomas
OT/ graham

only reason we should not draft OT at 13 is if a clear top 10 talent such as berry haden fall to us otherwise OT has to be the pick
Would be very happy with Spiller & a RT in the 1st round.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
haden/ OT
OT/ spiller
OT ipathi
OT/earl thomas
OT/ graham

only reason we should not draft OT at 13 is if a clear top 10 talent such as berry haden fall to us otherwise OT has to be the pick

Wouldn't go that far. It depends on whether or not there's a run and tackles and if we can wait to 16/17 to land Trent Williams.

If our goal is Spiller and Williams and we know Seattle is going to take Spiller then you take Spiller at 13 knowing Williams will still be there at 16/17.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
haden/ OT
OT/ spiller
OT ipathi
OT/earl thomas
OT/ graham

If we want Spiller we have to grab him at 13 because Seattle will grab him at 14. There's a possibility Seacocks pass on him, but I don't think we want to take the chance on him not being there at 16/17. If Spiller and Haden are gone at 13 then take one of the OT at 13, but only then, then take Iupati/Graham or BPA at 16/17.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Feb 23, 2010 at 12:38:55 ]
If Haden is there at #13 Scotty drafts him. Haden is 5'11", he's not tiny. He also played in one of the best defenses in college football for two years running, something Scotty values very highly. If not he goes BPA at 13 and Tackle at 17.
Originally posted by foreign49er:
If Haden is there at #13 Scotty drafts him. Haden is 5'11", he's not tiny. He also played in one of the best defenses in college football for two years running, something Scotty values very highly. If not he goes BPA at 13 and Tackle at 17.

agree. Hadens too good to pass up. If not, I'd go Spiller/best OT or Lupati.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home