LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 206 users in the forums

Webzone "REAL TIME" mock draft - 20 teams left

Who wants to do a "real time" mock? We can decide what that means, but probably 5-10 minutes a pick, no more than half an hour at most. More like fantasy draft. Hopefully we can go at least 3-4 rounds.

I'd say no more than about a dozen people. 2-3 teams each. If that. Whoever is actually online when we do it. Either now or sometime soon when it works for everyone.

Since it's my idea, I'm calling dibs on the Niners and the Pats.

Who's in and when do you want to do it?

It will be like a live draft forum - once we are full, we'll agree on a time and begin.

Round 1
St. Louis (1-15) - SonocoNinerFan
Detroit (2-14) - m_brockalexander
Tampa Bay (3-13)
Washington (4-12) - DynastyPart2
Kansas City (4-12)
Seattle (5-11) - GEEK
Cleveland (5-11)
Oakland (5-11)
Buffalo (6-10)
Jacksonville^ (7-9)
Denver - from Chicago^ (7-9) - GEEK
Miami (7-9) - ChaunceyGardner
San Francisco (8-8) - TexasNiner
Seattle - from Denver (8-8) - GEEK
New York Giants (8-8)
Tennessee^ (8-8)
San Francisco - from Carolina^ (8-8)- TexasNiner
Pittsburgh (9-7) - ChaunceyGardner
Atlanta^ (9-7)
Houston^ (9-7)
Cincinnati* (10-6)
New England* (10-6) - TexasNiner
Green Bay* (11-5)
Philadelphia* (11-5)
Baltimore* (9-7)
Arizona* (10-6) - SonocoNinerFan
Dallas* (11-5)
San Diego* (13-3) - DynastyPart2
New York Jets* (9-7)
Minnesota* (12-4) m_brockalexander
Indianapolis* (14-2)
New Orleans* (13-3)

[ Edited by TexasNiner on Feb 21, 2010 at 12:02:37 ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Denver and Seattle please.
I'll take the Rams and Tards
I'll take Miami and Pittsburgh
  • krizay
  • Veteran
i like what you're trying to do here. but IMO you're doing this backwards. You should set a start date/time first then let people who can be available at that time sign up. Filling this up first then trying to find the best time for EVERYONE is bound to fail.

Just lending my $.02 before this gets off the ground.
Originally posted by krizay:
i like what you're trying to do here. but IMO you're doing this backwards. You should set a start date/time first then let people who can be available at that time sign up. Filling this up first then trying to find the best time for EVERYONE is bound to fail.

When I say best time, I mean either immediately or in say an hour or two if people need prep time, not next Tuesday.

Or at least that's my thinking. If it became clear that everyone wanted to do it say, tomorrow nigh, that would be cool. But I think we can assume, that with work issues, doing this during a weekday is highly suspect.

[ Edited by TexasNiner on Feb 21, 2010 at 09:04:17 ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TexasNiner:

When I say best time, I mean either immediately or in say an hour or two if people need prep time, not next Tuesday.

Good Luck with this!

Best way to do it is to tell everyone you are doing a real live draft say Wed. 2/24 at noon Webzone time. Then hand out teams to guys who are actually online at that designated time and have a couple hours of time to do this.

In the current proposed format I see this running the same as all the others with the exception of the one that any one could pick at any time.

But this is your project. Hope it turns out the way you envision!
I'll take the Houston Texans.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:

Good Luck with this!

You could be right, but I'm hoping there enough people who want to do it nowish, that setting a time is not the issue. We will see.

Best way to do it is to tell everyone you are doing a real live draft say Wed. 2/24 at noon Webzone time. Then hand out teams to guys who are actually online at that designated time and have a couple hours of time to do this.

In the current proposed format I see this running the same as all the others with the exception of the one that any one could pick at any time.

But this is your project. Hope it turns out the way you envision!
Originally posted by TXNinerFan52:
I'll take the Houston Texans.

To make this work as well and quickly as planned, we probably need people to take at least two teams. Are you up for that? If so, what other team would you want?

• GEEK
  • Veteran
You can give me Oakland and Cleveland as well if you want to start filling it up.
I will take the Redskins and the Chargers but I will not be able to start until after around 1 pm PST.

I could PM you with the Redskins top 5 choices and then be back home in time to draft for the Chargers.

Let me know.
I am in if the timing is ok. I am in germany and so my online times are a little bit bad for you guys :) I can be online from noon eastern to 6pm est. If the mock will be earlier or later, i can't participate.
Doesn't look like it's happening super quick. As soon as we start filling up, we can see who is online. Once we have 10 or so people, if they are all online and ready to go (or will be sometime soon), we can each grab another team or two to fill things out and get going.
I'll take Detroit and Minnesota.
Share 49ersWebzone