LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 297 users in the forums

I Deserve to be Ripped REVISIONS

• ajveltri
  • Info N/A
OK So I may have been medically high this afternoon and I apoligize I am going to redo some of my foolish mocking attempts from this afternoon.

Retain:

Barry Sims
Aubrayo Franklin
Ahmad Brooks
Walt or Dre either one
David Baas Tendered

FA:

Stephen Neal - OG Def need an upgrade over Chilo Dont care what you guys say we do.
Casey Rabach - OC I dont like the play of Heittman JMO. Again you guys may bash this signing, but behind Heitman we have no one, at worst we have depth.

Draft:

1a. CJ Spiller - Still in favor of a trade here if Spiller is off the board, If he is available then we pull the trigger and get the #1 RB in the Draft who can be our ATHLETE home run threat from anywhere on the field! And we keep him out of the hands of the SeaHens

1b. Trent Williams - RT This is our biggest need, and we address it early instead of waiting around.

2. Nate Allen - FS, He is a ballhawk that is a big time playmaker, we passed on Earl Thomas in Rd. 1 in Favor of the BPA at a bigger position of need! We simply cannot afford to pass on a legit youthful starter to add in at RT, so safety is addressed here in RD .2 with a very solid player!

3. Koa Misi - OLB/DE I really wish that Devin McCourty would have stayed lost in the mix so we could have had a huge steal in RD. 3 but we get another steal instead in this rush LB for our 3/4 that will surprise everyone and be a name that everyone knows and thanks God that we picked him like in St. Patrick. Not saying he will be as dominating as Willis, but we sure could say a few prayers thanking the Lord for not taking Carriker over Willis.

4. Jordan Shipley - WR I highly doubt he slips this far but if we get lucky we snatch him up.
5- 7 BPA OG, DL, FB, Kicker with the Comp pick in the 7.
Originally posted by ajveltri:
OK So I may have been medically high this afternoon and I apoligize I am going to redo some of my foolish mocking attempts from this afternoon.

Retain:

Barry Sims
Aubrayo Franklin
Ahmad Brooks
Walt or Dre either one
David Baas Tendered

FA:

Stephen Neal - OG Def need an upgrade over Chilo Dont care what you guys say we do.
Casey Rabach - OC I dont like the play of Heittman JMO. Again you guys may bash this signing, but behind Heitman we have no one, at worst we have depth.

Draft:

1a. CJ Spiller - Still in favor of a trade here if Spiller is off the board, If he is available then we pull the trigger and get the #1 RB in the Draft who can be our ATHLETE home run threat from anywhere on the field! And we keep him out of the hands of the SeaHens

1b. Trent Williams - RT This is our biggest need, and we address it early instead of waiting around.

2. Nate Allen - FS, He is a ballhawk that is a big time playmaker, we passed on Earl Thomas in Rd. 1 in Favor of the BPA at a bigger position of need! We simply cannot afford to pass on a legit youthful starter to add in at RT, so safety is addressed here in RD .2 with a very solid player!

3. Koa Misi - OLB/DE I really wish that Devin McCourty would have stayed lost in the mix so we could have had a huge steal in RD. 3 but we get another steal instead in this rush LB for our 3/4 that will surprise everyone and be a name that everyone knows and thanks God that we picked him like in St. Patrick. Not saying he will be as dominating as Willis, but we sure could say a few prayers thanking the Lord for not taking Carriker over Willis.

4. Jordan Shipley - WR I highly doubt he slips this far but if we get lucky we snatch him up.

Like the first three picks, but it's a little early for Misi and Shipley will probably be gone by then.
I like this A LOT!
Why would we take Shipley if we draft Spiller?
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A

Retain:

Barry Sims
Aubrayo Franklin
Ahmad Brooks
Walt or Dre either one
David Baas Tendered

I can live with these.

Quote:

FA:

Horrible, horrible, horrible FA moves in my opinion. You want to get a 33 year old guard who has only started one full season in the league. Since he became a starter in 2004 he has missed 18 games. That's 18 games in 6 seasons and you want to have him replace Rachal (who will be a very good guard in the league and who turned it on about halfway through this season) who hasn't missed any games since he started? No thanks.

Heitman is a very good center who is underrated. I think he's at least in the top half of the league if not the top third. Rabach may be able to run block better than Heitmann (and I remain unconvinced of that), but Heitmann is a far better pass blocker than Rabach is. If you want depth we have Cody Wallace who can play center. Snyder also has experience at center having played there in college.

Horrible off-season. You're going to gut our line and replace them with aging players who aren't any better.

Quote:

Draft:

I think this is the commonly projected moves this draft and they make sense. Only issue I have is that RT is a position that can be filled in the 2nd or 3rd round. I'm ok with this draft though.

Quote:

Like the Nate Allen selection. Koa Misi is a very good selection. He's a fantastic d-lineman. Very atheletic (has something like a 36 inch vertical and can squat 545). He's only 263 but is lean enough that he can stand to put on 15-20lbs to bulk up a bit. I think he's a guy that's flying under lots of radars right now. Very good selection.

Quote:

We need a WR in the 4th or 5th. If Shipley is there (which I also doubt) we can get someone like Freddie Barnes out of Bowling Green.

Love your draft, but I really, really hate your off-season moves.
I don't understand what you are doing with the inside line. You want to replace Heit and Rachal but tender for Baas.

I want to see depth at center. I have no idea whether Wallace is developing into a serious prospect or not. If not, they need to look what's available around round 3 or 4.

Baas: I don't see this guy has a future with us, particularly with the coaching changes. He is unconvincing and he can't stay healthy. We need a stable line. Let him warm the bench this year and hit the road next year. And to all those posters who think another team will give us a second round pick for him, I can only shake my head in disbelief.

Rachal: the only guard who might, repeat might, become NFL-standard. You want to replace him with some old guy whilst sticking with Baas! I don't want any more sticking plaster, one year fixes. Lines grow together and get better and better over time. Heit is not too ancient and both Staley and Rachal are young. If we pick up a good round 1 prospect at RT and either Iupati with the other first or another guard or G/C with the second, we are probably looking at a line to last us until 2020! Heit will need replacing at some stage and Rachal has to prove himself, but this can be managed.

But please! No more old guys! Unless you can find Ray Brown or big ol' Gogan let's build for the future
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

Retain:

Barry Sims
Aubrayo Franklin
Ahmad Brooks
Walt or Dre either one
David Baas Tendered

FA:

Draft:

Like the first three picks, but it's a little early for Misi and Shipley will probably be gone by then.

Agree
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
No need to take a kicker, Nedney has 3 good years left in him.
Share 49ersWebzone