There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Logical Mock

  • ajveltri
  • Info N/A
Here is my philosophy for the offseason and I think it is realistic, hopefully it turns out this way.

First things first, I am not a believer in Josh Morgan, I think he is overrated and was somewhat dissappointing, I would look to trade him for 3rd round pick, if we cant then oh well and we wait him out and hopefully he improves.

Davis Bass will be tendered and then traded imo I would say we net a 3rd round pick for him, maybe a 2 but probably a 3rd.

FA:

Stephen Neal OG: This allows us to move Chilo to the bench, enough with the hype on this kid, he isnt that good. Guards do not take 2 years to develop, they either get it or they dont



Draft:

1a. We trade this pick and move into the mid 20's and gain another 2

1b. Earl Thomas or Kyle Wilson: Mayock Likes Both of Them. Period enough said!!! If we feel that we can get better value at Safety in the 2nd round than Kyle Wilson will probably be the pick. Either way we cant go wrong upgrading the secondary early on with the talent available!

1a. Originally traded the 13th pick now in the mid 20's we now select Trent Williams. Call me crazy but I think he will fall due to the fact that he is simply a RT, and a very good one at that. RT will slip we saw it last year and it will happen again. I know everyone sweats Iupati but RT is our biggest concern.

2a. Dexter McCluster: ATHLETE, Speed kills, he can return, catch and recieve. Speed Speed Speed in our Spread Offense. McCloughan will probably pass on him and select a Punter cause IMO he is an idiot, so we are stuck with a crappy GM. Until we get a real one, dont expect to get gamebreakers.

2b. Devin McCourty or Nate Allen depending on what we do in the first round.

3a. Jon Asamoah: Starting LG for the next 10 years. Or if he is gone then Mike Johnson or Zane Beadles.

3b. Baas Trade: depending if we also trade Josh Morgan ( Highly unlikely) Either Best Pass rusher available or best slot Reciever available.

4, 5 , 6, 7 would be BPA the rest of the way.

We address 3 areas on the OL, 1 via FA. Return Game and Secondary along with getting a Home run threat that must be accounted for any time he is on the field in McCluster. Then either a really good slot reciever or another Passrusher.

I dont think we could go wrong and may even really make our team that much better. The OL is the Most Important part of our offseason, but we simply cannot reach and take an OL just for the sake of taking one. Value is very important when drafting because we have holes in our Secondary and in the return game. Again value while still getting quality.

I hope the draft and FA looks something like this!
It makes no sense at all for any team to give the Niners a 3rd rounder for Morgan who they drafted in the 4th round and as you said has been a disappointment. I also don't see any team giving up a 3rd rounder for Baas but it's possible. I can't see Williams slipping that far. I'd much rather them take the best OT available with there 1st pick and go from there. I like Wilson but not all that hype on Thomas. And I think McCourty's .40 will put him in the 1st round.
I don't see much logic in this. I think Morgan was a 6th rd pick, and both Baas and Morgan are starters on our team. I don't like the idea of trading them away for (now) third day draft picks.

I like BPA at 13 (ie Spiller/graham/Bulaga) then need at 17 depending on who we select first.
Not.
Originally posted by ajveltri:


3a. Jon Asamoah: Starting LG for the next 10 years. Or if he is gone then Mike Johnson or Zane Beadles.


No offense man, but how do you know he'll be good enough to start for us for the next 10 years?? He could be a bust like - according to you - Chilo is, and end up on the bench 2 years from now.

And trading picks isn't a one team street. You have to find another team wanting to move up and willing to give you what you think the pick is worth. Plus there needs to be someone at 13 that they want. That's not as easy as it looks.

Applaud your efforts/ideas but it's a lot harder than that.
you think 3 different trades is logical? looool, when have you ever seen that?
Mogical Lock
Chilo performed well the last half of the season. I'd give him one more full season before giving up on him.

Not a fan of the mock though.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,347
Your logicality skills may be lodged where the sun doesn't shine, you should look for them.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,354
Originally posted by lamontb:
It makes no sense at all for any team to give the Niners a 3rd rounder for Morgan who they drafted in the 4th round and as you said has been a disappointment. I also don't see any team giving up a 3rd rounder for Baas but it's possible. I can't see Williams slipping that far. I'd much rather them take the best OT available with there 1st pick and go from there. I like Wilson but not all that hype on Thomas. And I think McCourty's .40 will put him in the 1st round.

Cute. Josh Morgan was not taken in the 4th round.

Josh Morgan was the eight pick taken in 6th round.

In fact, it seems more than strange to call a 6th round pick who has worked his way into the starting lineup a disaappointment--and to think of him as an enough of disappointment to trade him seems, well-- the idead just seems flat out stupid.
put down the madden controller.
  • 49erfourlife
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ajveltri:
Here is my philosophy for the offseason and I think it is realistic, hopefully it turns out this way.

First things first, I am not a believer in Josh Morgan, I think he is overrated and was somewhat dissappointing, I would look to trade him for 3rd round pick, if we cant then oh well and we wait him out and hopefully he improves.

Davis Bass will be tendered and then traded imo I would say we net a 3rd round pick for him, maybe a 2 but probably a 3rd.

FA:

Stephen Neal OG: This allows us to move Chilo to the bench, enough with the hype on this kid, he isnt that good. Guards do not take 2 years to develop, they either get it or they dont



Draft:

1a. We trade this pick and move into the mid 20's and gain another 2

1b. Earl Thomas or Kyle Wilson: Mayock Likes Both of Them. Period enough said!!! If we feel that we can get better value at Safety in the 2nd round than Kyle Wilson will probably be the pick. Either way we cant go wrong upgrading the secondary early on with the talent available!

1a. Originally traded the 13th pick now in the mid 20's we now select Trent Williams. Call me crazy but I think he will fall due to the fact that he is simply a RT, and a very good one at that. RT will slip we saw it last year and it will happen again. I know everyone sweats Iupati but RT is our biggest concern.

2a. Dexter McCluster: ATHLETE, Speed kills, he can return, catch and recieve. Speed Speed Speed in our Spread Offense. McCloughan will probably pass on him and select a Punter cause IMO he is an idiot, so we are stuck with a crappy GM. Until we get a real one, dont expect to get gamebreakers.

2b. Devin McCourty or Nate Allen depending on what we do in the first round.

3a. Jon Asamoah: Starting LG for the next 10 years. Or if he is gone then Mike Johnson or Zane Beadles.

3b. Baas Trade: depending if we also trade Josh Morgan ( Highly unlikely) Either Best Pass rusher available or best slot Reciever available.

4, 5 , 6, 7 would be BPA the rest of the way.

We address 3 areas on the OL, 1 via FA. Return Game and Secondary along with getting a Home run threat that must be accounted for any time he is on the field in McCluster. Then either a really good slot reciever or another Passrusher.

I dont think we could go wrong and may even really make our team that much better. The OL is the Most Important part of our offseason, but we simply cannot reach and take an OL just for the sake of taking one. Value is very important when drafting because we have holes in our Secondary and in the return game. Again value while still getting quality.

I hope the draft and FA looks something like this!

Dude ur draft make no sense and its a bit retarded.. trade a 1st rd to get one more 2nd ? really ? And your picks are horrible ... trade Josh Morgan? Really ?
rather it's surrealistic than logical.
Illogical Mock

  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,941
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Mogical Lock

...