LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

I can't believe who I think our picks will be!

Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
and at ice skating camp I'll be having tickle fights and rooming with Johnny Weir... oh I'm sorry... I thought we were talking about s$#t that won't happen....

Who would have thought the raiders and the seachickens would have passed on crabtree. If like I suspect there will be a run on offensive tackles then berry could drop and drop fast into our laps!
If he runs a 4.5 then maybe it's a possiblity, but as long as he tests well he's not slipping past Cleveland.
  • fip24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerforyears:
Fellas I got funny feeling our picks will be at 13 will be berry! I know he wont be there blah blah blah. That's what they said about about us getting crabtree! I believe there will be a run on offensive tackles that kick berry into the teens where we will get him at #13. after the big run on ot then their will be a run on pass-rushers and that will help us at #16 get spiller and if this happens then I am going to jump up and down and yell yippidie doodah! These picks will solve like 5 or 6 positions for us and increase our overall speed in multiple positions. Like berry being able to play both corner positions and both safety positions. Spiller being able to play running back and we can put him out wide to play a little wide receiver and he will be our punt and kick-off returner! Give it to me pleeeeeeaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssseeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That funny feeling might be jock itch
Seriously, I hope you're right but think it is a long,long shot.
With that said, it is tough to mock any draft until the combine. There will be guys that we aren't even considering that vault into the top 15
I would trade our 2 picks (#13 and #17) to Cleveland for their 1st round pick (#7), 2nd round and 4th round picks. Should be close on the chart.

I think its time the Niners identify who their guy is and aggresively pursue him. ( Similar to the Jets and Mark Sanchez in last years draft.)

Draft:

1st. Rd.- S- Eric Berry, Tennessee
2nd Rd.- OLB- Jerry Hughes,TCU
2nd Rd.- OT- Vlad Ducasse, UMASS
3rd Rd.- CB- Javier Arenas, Alabama
4th Rd.- WR- Jordan Shipley, Texas
4th Rd.- ILB- Micah Johnson, Kentucky
5th Rd.- OG- Sergio Render, Virginia Tech
6th Rd.- Depth
7th Rd.- Depth
Comp.- Depth

LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't see Berry falling out of the top 10...however, Haden might. If so, and Singletary/Mac are pretty well assured of still getting one of the OT's they want at #16/17, they can't pass on Haden. Despite what most mocksters are predicting, the top CB in the past few drafts has come off the board near the middle of the round.

As for Mays...there's no way Mac picks him. If Haden's the pick at #13, then Trent Williams or a comparable OT is the pick at #16/17. If Haden's gone, then I see Singletary getting his OT at #13...then maybe the next best CB, RB, or DE with the 2nd 1st rounder. Mays is nowhere in any of those equations.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I don't see Berry falling out of the top 10...however, Haden might. If so, and Singletary/Mac are pretty well assured of still getting one of the OT's they want at #16/17, they can't pass on Haden. Despite what most mocksters are predicting, the top CB in the past few drafts has come off the board near the middle of the round.

As for Mays...there's no way Mac picks him. If Haden's the pick at #13, then Trent Williams or a comparable OT is the pick at #16/17. If Haden's gone, then I see Singletary getting his OT at #13...then maybe the next best CB, RB, or DE with the 2nd 1st rounder. Mays is nowhere in any of those equations.

This, and very happy with it.

For all the people arguing that it happened with Crabtree, think of all the times when one of the absolute best players in the draft DIDNT tumble. Because it happened once only means it happened once.

I think there will be a run on OTs (dammit!) and qb's will fall. Haden too, hopefully.
He's not the only one - NFL.com Mock...

This was posted on nfl.com this week - I really can't imagine it happening - but crazy things happen on draft day.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Also consider that every year someone runs/jumps/benchpresses their way into the top ten almost every year, pushing down a legitimate player.
lol for sure
Originally posted by BigBug415:
I would trade our 2 picks (#13 and #17) to Cleveland for their 1st round pick (#7), 2nd round and 4th round picks. Should be close on the chart.

I think its time the Niners identify who their guy is and aggresively pursue him. ( Similar to the Jets and Mark Sanchez in last years draft.)

Draft:

6th Rd.- Depth
7th Rd.- Depth
Comp.- Depth

LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark Sanchez is also a QB who has a more direct impact on the game than a safety does. I would rather keep both picks and get help on offense than one on a defense that is already solid.

You have to remember that Berry is 5-11, about 195 lbs. Which is undersized for a SS in NFL. Whenever you have any kind of question mark, a lot of the players tend to drop a little. it is plausible that he could drop to us. Plausible but I wouldn't put my money on it.
Originally posted by amigoj49:
You have to remember that Berry is 5-11, about 195 lbs. Which is undersized for a SS in NFL. Whenever you have any kind of question mark, a lot of the players tend to drop a little. it is plausible that he could drop to us. Plausible but I wouldn't put my money on it.

I don't hear anyone projecting Berry to be an in the box SS, so his size shouldn't matter for a FS.
Originally posted by amigoj49:

you are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by BigBug415:

Draft:

6th Rd.- Depth
7th Rd.- Depth
Comp.- Depth

LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey I wouldn't mind this, good Job!
Originally posted by valrod33:
just because everybody hates him i have a feeling we are gonna end up drafting Taylor Mays

Brother if ever I wanted you to be wrong it's now. God please let this be false prophecy!
Share 49ersWebzone