LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Good year to have 2 1st Round Picks!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d8166cb99/Draft-buzz

Charley Casserly says it's going to be the best draft since 1983. Wow. Bet the Panthers feel stupid. haha
  • jrg
  • Veteran
No doubt.

Only matters if we pick smart. No more projects like a qb, into a rb.. etc..
I just wanna stock up on OL through the draft & FA
it wont mean anything unless we pick correctly with those 2 picks.

there might be more star players entering this draft than usual, but there will always be duds. we will be taking a T in the 1st round for only the 4th time in the modern era. in 87 we took Harris Barton, in 2003 we took Kwame Harris, and in 2007 we took Joe Staley.

im a bit worried, since we havent exactly been very good at spotting quality first day OL.

i wish we couldve traded out other 1st in 2007 and our 2008 1st to move down and take Joe Thomas in 2007. itd basically have upgraded Staley to Thomas, maybe the best T in football, and given up the Balmer pick, which was useless.
Spiller,Trent Williams! Safety or Corner in the 2nd round!
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

He's a team captain who was a 4th round pick.....
Originally posted by Niners99:

there might be more star players entering this draft than usual, but there will always be duds. we will be taking a T in the 1st round for only the 4th time in the modern era. in 87 we took Harris Barton, in 2003 we took Kwame Harris, and in 2007 we took Joe Staley.

im a bit worried, since we havent exactly been very good at spotting quality first day OL.

i wish we couldve traded out other 1st in 2007 and our 2008 1st to move down and take Joe Thomas in 2007. itd basically have upgraded Staley to Thomas, maybe the best T in football, and given up the Balmer pick, which was useless.

I agree but at this point Tackle is our biggest need. We really don't have a choice. There are a lot of play-makers in this draft but they aren't a sure thing either. We have play-makers, we don't have an offensive line.

Don't get me wrong, if Haden/Berry fall we shouldn't pass on them. I just think we've spent enough high picks on play-makers (#1,#6,#10) and it's no surprise that most of our current bust candidates are late 1st round picks.
Originally posted by foreign49er:

He's a team captain who was a 4th round pick.....

He's an overacheiving role player on special teams - Let's not get carried away.

I would hope we are shooting for more than just kickoff coverage in the fourth round.

Agree
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Was an excellent trade. Gotta make it count now
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

That may have more to do with the lack of talent that "Coachs" our talent!!!!!
That's good because there will be no football in 2011.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Share 49ersWebzone