LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 342 users in the forums

FFToday Mock

reliable FF site. does it translate to predicting the draft?

I don't see the draft playing out like this, but i dont think anyone could complain if these were our top 4 picks...

http://fftoday.com/articles/idptony/10_mock_draft_v1.htm

13. San Francisco 49ers – Joe Haden, CB, Florida
With help in the secondary already a need, the team is pleasantly surprised to find the top CB in the draft fall out of the top ten. He is a shutdown corner with top speed who creates turnovers in the air and on the ground. If Haden doesn’t make it this far, Taylor Mays or Earl Thomas could be 49ers.

16t. San Francisco 49ers (from Carolina Panthers) – Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
A decorated four-year starter, Williams lacks the upside of some other prospects at offensive tackles, but plays both sides and projects a solid starter at RT.

(2)45. San Francisco 49ers – Brandon Graham, OLB, Michigan
The undersized tweener turned heads at the Senior Bowl and while draftniks and pundits raced to move him up draft boards, the reality of his limited size and measurables will knock him back down a bit at the Combine. That doesn’t mean he can’t be the next Elvis Dumervil, just that he won’t be drafted that high by most teams that will point to physical limitations before investing that much in him. HC Mike Singletary is definitely a guy who goes by what he sees on the field over crunching numbers and won’t hesitate to scoop Graham up if he falls here to help his pass rush.

(3)77. San Francisco 49ers – Mardy Gilyard, WR, Cincinnati
Gilyard is an undersized playmaker as receiver and returner. He has an opportunity to make an impact in the slot.
The reality of this doesn't make much sense. Unless Joe Haden takes a terrible dive, he won't be there at 13. But the 2nd and 3rd round picks I would be happy with.

[ Edited by chico49erfan on Feb 16, 2010 at 22:55:05 ]
Oh snap! That draft would be amazing. Getting potential starters at CB, RT, and OLB as well as a return guy that can also be a deep threat.

In the 4th and 5th you take an guard and safety (in either order) and all our needs are covered.

Sign me up!
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
The reality of this doesn't make much sense. Unless Joe Haden takes a terrible dive, he won't be there at 13. But the 2nd and 3rd round picks I would be happy with.

Crabtree falling to #10 last year didn't seem like reality but it did. Now all Haden needs to do is to have a hairline fracture on his leg...
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Thats a lot of talent right there.
I'd crap my britches if that draft happened.
  • delawareniner
  • Info N/A
that would be amazing if that happened .... but ... it won't.
Wow that would be the best draft ever
It's really not as impossible as some people make it seem. The biggest hurdle is getting Haden past Cleveland. If Berry is still on the board, or if they decide to go with JPP or McClain, then there's a great chance Haden falls to us. Haden at #13 was a popular pick very early on, but I continue to see it in about 25% of all mock drafts recently.

The rest make sense; one of the top 5 RTs will probably still be on the board at #16, and Graham's size could knock him back into the 2nd round. If not Graham, what about Hughes? Or Jones? Or Ducasse? I think any combination of those would make this a great draft.
I could live with this...

Theres no way Graham is gonna fall to us in the second round. I can see the Pats or the jets taking him in the bottom of the first round.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Oh snap! That draft would be amazing. Getting potential starters at CB, RT, and OLB as well as a return guy that can also be a deep threat.

In the 4th and 5th you take an guard and safety (in either order) and all our needs are covered.

Sign me up!

Agree, this would be an amazing draft for the 49ers!
Just a stupid mock. Please! Haden isnt going to fall to 13, there isnt a chance that Graham lasts until 45, and I would be shocked if Gilyard was around at 77. It would be sweeeeeeeeet - but its not happening.
Originally posted by pelos21:
Theres no way Graham is gonna fall to us in the second round. I can see the Pats or the jets taking him in the bottom of the first round.

If he's still available for the Jets i don't see how they pass on him honestly. Unless they happen to like Kyle Wilson more and he's available as well. I know the Jets GM is really high on Wilson.

He might make it to the 2nd round but I don't think he'll get to close to the Niners pick unless they are bold and move up to draft him.
Share 49ersWebzone