There are 778 users in the forums
Bleacher report: CJ Spiller and Niners...
Feb 16, 2010 at 12:21 AM
- 49erForLife420
- Veteran
- Posts: 456
Gore is our GUY bottom line... BUT I would love to have Spiller
Feb 16, 2010 at 12:27 AM
- 49ersnum1
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,265
CJ Spiller > Harvin > Bush > Sproles !!!
Im all for it !!
Im all for it !!
Feb 16, 2010 at 12:36 AM
- PlayAction
- Info N/A
until he breaks a leg or decides to retire early Gore is definitely our guy!
IF (that's a big if) Niners drafted Spiller I would hope that JRaye would find a way to use both Gore & Spiller in backfield at same time, like Chargers use Sproles and LT.
I recently read that Spiller does like to block, although you might not know it watching his youtube clips!
IF (that's a big if) Niners drafted Spiller I would hope that JRaye would find a way to use both Gore & Spiller in backfield at same time, like Chargers use Sproles and LT.
I recently read that Spiller does like to block, although you might not know it watching his youtube clips!
Feb 16, 2010 at 12:48 AM
- silkyjohnson
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,481
A lot of teams have a two-back system. Even the Colts and Saints. We need Spiller.
Sure people can point the finger at Bush and say he was a bust. But guess what, he was the #2 pick. If Spiller falls to us, he's perfect at our spot.
I love Gore as much as the next guy, but dude ain't getting any younger. Plus we need to shore up our effin' return teams. I don't know how much longer I can take watching Arnaz Battle returning punts.
Sure people can point the finger at Bush and say he was a bust. But guess what, he was the #2 pick. If Spiller falls to us, he's perfect at our spot.
I love Gore as much as the next guy, but dude ain't getting any younger. Plus we need to shore up our effin' return teams. I don't know how much longer I can take watching Arnaz Battle returning punts.
Feb 16, 2010 at 12:52 AM
- elguapo
- Veteran
- Posts: 26,509
completely agree that is what i keep saying and hoping we do. Spiller is sick and the difference between an ot at 13 and 16/17 shouldn't be that great. I hope our niner organization can use this logic b/c it seems like the best moves
Feb 16, 2010 at 1:00 AM
- PlayAction
- Info N/A
Not only would Spiller fill a position of great need at special teams...he's the only player I can think of (in top 17) who could be penciled in day one and start to pay IMMEDIATE dividends. Anybody else drafted at OT, CB, Safety, Dline, QB whatever is gonna have to fight somebody in camp or FA for a starting spot.
heaven is a Niner super bowl in 2011
heaven is a Niner super bowl in 2011
Feb 16, 2010 at 1:07 AM
- wysiwyg
- Veteran
- Posts: 16,367
Swiss
Army
Knife
PR / KR / RB / WR
We need some excitement
Big Ugly at 16 or BPA
How many game did we lose because or field position?
At least 1?
Oh, 3 or 4 :)
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=62710171004
Army
Knife
PR / KR / RB / WR
We need some excitement
Big Ugly at 16 or BPA
How many game did we lose because or field position?
At least 1?
Oh, 3 or 4 :)
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=62710171004
Feb 16, 2010 at 2:48 AM
- hondakillerzx
- Veteran
- Posts: 19,280
Spiller can be the speedy homerun threat that we can use all over the field. he is built good and can take some hits. gore is great and will still be the starter but he misses games every year, i wouldnt give up on coffee just yet but spiller would definitely be an upgrade right away
Feb 16, 2010 at 7:06 AM
- tohara3
- Veteran
- Posts: 30,857
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Spiller can be the speedy homerun threat that we can use all over the field. he is built good and can take some hits. gore is great and will still be the starter but he misses games every year, i wouldnt give up on coffee just yet but spiller would definitely be an upgrade right away
Agree with this for sure.
Feb 16, 2010 at 8:27 AM
- solidg2000
- Veteran
- Posts: 17,320
I see CJ being the D-love to Gores VD
...
But better and in turn would take snaps away from D-Love as well
...
But better and in turn would take snaps away from D-Love as well
Feb 16, 2010 at 8:31 AM
- MRNINESEVEN
- Veteran
- Posts: 10,730
If we land a solid FA OT then it would make sense to go for Spiller. Cause if we have no O lineman then sorry guys spiller aint doing s**t.
And to all those out there thinking we are going to draft our starting OT in the 2-3 rounds go acroos the bay cause it ain't happening. Those cats take time to develop. TIME!
And to all those out there thinking we are going to draft our starting OT in the 2-3 rounds go acroos the bay cause it ain't happening. Those cats take time to develop. TIME!
Feb 16, 2010 at 8:36 AM
- 49oz2superbowl
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,615
watching Spiller run makes my
and 
it's 8:30am and I'm already doing the tuck manuever at my work desk
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Feb 16, 2010 at 08:37:17 ]
and 
it's 8:30am and I'm already doing the tuck manuever at my work desk
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Feb 16, 2010 at 08:37:17 ]
Feb 16, 2010 at 8:39 AM
- valrod33
- Hall of Small
- Posts: 138,120
Originally posted by PlayAction:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/345615-why-cj-spiller-is-a-cant-miss-pick-for-the-san-francisco-49ers
A lot of how what I think Spiller can do for Niners is debated in this article. But simply put is this:
Could the Niners use a "homerun" threat on Special Teams?
Could Niners use another "homerun" threat on offense?
Could Niners use a "homerun" threat to sub 7 to 10 times a game for Gore?
The fact that Gore has only played one full healthy season out of five (and missed several games the last two) with Niners speaks loudly.
Depending how draft shakes out (remember last years BIG surprise?) and Free Agency, I would like Niners to take Spiller at #13 and then draft best available OT at #16/17.
For those (like me) who don't get to watch alot of college ball there are several Spiller clips on youtube that will have you going gaga, and i dont mean lady gaga lol
IMO Niners should try to get a solid veteran guard or tackle in FA and still draft a future stud ready to go full time in a year or two.....
Niner fans go to heaven
as Niners reach Super Bowl 2011!!
he missed 1 game in 07, 2 games in 08 and 2 games this year.
I dont want us to draft CJ Spiller, Frank Gore is our man.
Feb 16, 2010 at 8:43 AM
- PlayAction
- Info N/A
Need some help here.
I can't find the site now, but a few weeks ago I saw a college stat site for Clemson...
and it showed CJ Spiller's stats.....with Zero fumbles in his career? WTF?
I may have read it wrong..... or site could be wrong.... but IF that's true that's just plain sick. Maybe somebody else has better facts? Thanks!
I can't find the site now, but a few weeks ago I saw a college stat site for Clemson...
and it showed CJ Spiller's stats.....with Zero fumbles in his career? WTF?
I may have read it wrong..... or site could be wrong.... but IF that's true that's just plain sick. Maybe somebody else has better facts? Thanks!